Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Price of shipping and Customer Service
Price of shipping and Customer Service Posted on [27/06/2020] à 21:20

I am one of those who still haven‘t got their Kickstarter Heroes of Stalingrad Game! I must have missed paying for shipping. A few weeks ago i got mail (!) from DPG asking me to pay 25 Euros (!!!!) for shipping the game to Germany. Several times during the last weeks i tried to contact DPG asking for an explanation of this enormous high sum. Until now i haven‘t heard anything from them again.

I have bought the whole HoN Series, which is a lot of money. Never in my entire gaming life i have been treated this way by a company. Very sad.

Price of shipping and Customer Service Posted on [28/06/2020] à 07:04

It stated right on the Campaign Page (just under Shipping) the following:

Please take into account that all pledges that are confirmed AFTER closure of the Pledge manager will be sent from our principal hub at a later date. Due to the required extra handling this will entail a penalty (10€) and supplementary shipping cost.

Multiple warnings were sent out from DPG via both Kickstarter's contact system and DPG email that the Pledge Manager was closing and you had over a month's warning. One of those messages included details on how to use the PM.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Price of shipping and Customer Service Posted on [28/06/2020] à 08:51

Thanks very much for your answer. At least this explains. This is more than i have got from DPG.

But i find this very unsatisfactory to me. Sure i must have missed paying for shipping in the first place. DPG after asking them what to do now just said wait until further notice. Then came just this one mail. From then on no further answers to my questions. Do you find this the right business behaviour? From a company which is over a year overdue with their games? I have waited for the HON Card Game more than one and a half year and not complained. And now I am penalty charged? That’s a joke.

Price of shipping and Customer Service Posted on [29/06/2020] à 06:59

If there was some sort of email screw-up that managed to stop not only Kickstarter's email system but DPG's email system as well from sending you the alerts that you have a month to fill out the PM or the warning that the PM was going to close (again from two different sources) then I am sorry you are now being asked to cover the cost of the actual shipping for the product.

If there was a glitch that prevented you from filling out the system in good faith, then it is not fair and you should bring that up with DPG.

If you don't fill out your PM on a timely basis, then DPG cannot include your pledge in the count of those sent to the fulfillment house for your region. They cannot store the game at the fulfillment center until you get around to finishing the PM. Instead, it has to go to DPG. A copy that has to be set aside so it is not sold to someone else, since you paid for it but did not yet pay to ship it.

While the fulfillment house gets a very good rate on shipping (due to the huge volume of things they ship), they makes it cheap to ship each unit sent to them. That may not be the same for DPG to ship it since they don't do nearly the same volume so it will cost more. That is why they tell you it is imperative you fill out the PM in a timely manner.

DPG already gave you 70 Euros of free stuff with the HoS pledge. Extra terrain boards, extra unit boards, modular terrain systems for the sewers and the roads that go between the regular terrain boards. All of it included in the KS pledge free but certainly contributing to the increased cost of shipping it themselves.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages: 1