Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Frightening Shot
Frightening Shot Posted on [08/07/2020] à 12:02

Hi,

If I am doing an alternate fire action (indirect fire), with a Thunderfire Cannon, then I believe I do not gain the Frightening Shot ability.

The glossary says that Alternate Fire Actions do not benefit from the Unit's Special Abilities (rules pg 31).

So therefore it is only possible to use the Frightening Shot Special Ability when a normal firing action is performed with the Thunderfire Cannon.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Giles

Frightening Shot Posted on [08/07/2020] à 15:03

This is a bit of vague point in the rules, but I'd say Frightening Shot is in addition to the Indirect Fire shot…

Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense at all. You'd think a large caliber gun would be rather frightening, wouldn't it? :mrgreen:

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Frightening Shot Posted on [08/07/2020] à 19:27

Yeah, I think they meant 'alternate fire actions' like grenades and stuff you can add to units

So when the unit has a special ability when using his normal fire, he won't get to use that special ability when using a grenade.

Because both icons are on the same unit I would say it counts (even though the indirect fire is labeled as an alternate fire action). I think bart and I played it like this in our HoBR campaign

Frightening Shot Posted on [08/07/2020] à 23:27

Thanks guys.

I'll make sure to combine it with Howitzer and Indirect Fire actions from now on.

Frightening Shot Posted on [12/07/2020] à 14:15

Quote from bartdevuyst on [08/07/2020] à 15:03

This is a bit of vague point in the rules, but I'd say Frightening Shot is in addition to the Indirect Fire shot…

Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense at all. You'd think a large caliber gun would be rather frightening, wouldn't it? :mrgreen:

Indeed, the Thunder Fire Cannon IS frightening !!! It is a gatling gun under space marines' steroids !!! Have you seen it in action in Warhammer videogames such as "Warhammer: Armageddon" (depicting the Orks' attack against the Armageddon Imperial World, in an hexagonal "old fashioned" tactical – turn based game?)… Wow… Only its mere sounds show how frightening it is and how much punch and firepower it grants…

It is a full- automatized gatling gun that space marines use while they deploy from orbit strikes or in order to keep hordes of enemy infantrymen at bay !!! It should have also in Heroes of Black Reach that "punch" and firepower… Giving and using it as a suppressive sci-fi gatling gun is a must; as it is a must the fact that it has or should have "suppressive fire" ability along with "frightening shots"…

Pages: 1