Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Order tokens: reinforcement unit with order tokens?
Order tokens: reinforcement unit with order tokens? Posted on [16/07/2020] à 21:30

Hi,

Sometimes a group of units arrive later in the game. When will the order tokens these units provide be added to the pool: at the start the game or the turn the units arrive? For example: the Pegasus bridge – Wake up! scenario.

On BGG 'Bart De Vuyst' answered my question: If it’s not explicitly explained in the scenario, I’d say from the beginning.

Is this correct?

Peter.

Order tokens: reinforcement unit with order tokens? Posted on [16/07/2020] à 21:39

Bart is a very experienced player.

I would go with his opinion.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Order tokens: reinforcement unit with order tokens? Posted on [16/07/2020] à 23:01

Hi Krultan,

In all honesty, I’ve played both ways.

I support my own interpretation to have all Order Stars available from the beginning, but sometimes it feels unthematic to get reinforcement Order Stars straight from the beginning, especially when those reinforcements don’t show up for another few rounds. Recently I played a scenario where we had those Reinforcement Order Tokens made available in the round they showed up. Both methods work.

This issue is not strictly defined or explained in the rules, so go with what you like, being it balanced as a game, or thematically coherent.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Order tokens: reinforcement unit with order tokens? Posted on [17/07/2020] à 00:39

Bart,

I do agree with your statement 'sometimes it feels unthematic'. In our 'We must save private Alexandre!' (Civilians under Fire) game we choose to keep the order token from the Ilda recruitment tile off board until she enters at the end of turn 3. That felt thematically right.

Peter.

Order tokens: reinforcement unit with order tokens? Posted on [20/07/2020] à 21:19

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [16/07/2020] à 21:39

Bart is a very experienced player.

I would go with his opinion.

But I remember to have read somewhere that the order tokens of units and officers are added only ONCE they are physically present onto the battlefield, not before !!!

Now I am really confused about this issue…

I'm used to add ALL the order tokens from the beginning so to save time and do less "calculations" about this waving problem or mechanics that the game itself presents…

And it is done due to the fact that I use to play 1000 points per army matches !!! And there is so MUCH stuff and rules and things to keep tract of that also adding a "keep track of when / where to introduce order tokens" should be a sadomasochistic thing to do !!!

And – as I already said in other posts – I do not have a proper list of pieces or a proper method to store ALL the materials I own today and then it prolongates too much my setup time and de-setup time…

I still have to find a correct way to store all the tokens in order to have a chance to select them correctly and store / setup the whole game more rapidly…

Pages: 1