Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people.
Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [05/06/2014] à 08:37

Dear DPG..

WTF are you thinking.. I am a Colorblind Male gamer.. most colorblind people are men.. I bet most of your clients are men WTF where you thinking with the following colors for color bands?

Green Black Green

Tan Black Tan

Guess What I can't tell them apart the printing f'd up the tan I guess absolutely horrible work on your part

Red over White

Green over White

Once again I can't Tell them apart

Have you Heard the term RED GREEN COLOR BLIND?

Dear god had you done White Red, and then Green White would be fine

You need to Seriously consider this.. you have created a giant pain in the ass for a large % of you client base

Also I can in no way tell the difference from the supposed purple of the light armor and the grey of the heavy.. Luckily the armor on the sides and 2 guns helps me tell but anything that buffs or specifically helps / hurts one of them I have NO CLUE how to tell them apart.. once again WTF where you thinking? you have all the colors of the rainbow to work with as long as you make them different enough..

I would love to know how you are going to fix this? I strongly suggest your Reprint the Tan german pieces..

I have only gotten into the americans and germans so far.. I have no clue about the other armies..

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [05/06/2014] à 08:39

Is it a reason to be THAT agressive…!? 😯

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [05/06/2014] à 08:45

Just really really insulted, and have been trying to sort this guys for like 2 hours..

so I am kinda pissed off, I have never felt so screwed over for essentially having a vision disability before..

They had tons of options to avoid this they choose this for no logical reason.

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [05/06/2014] à 09:24

Hello,

You are really agressive, this is my perception. It is probably without bad intentions but it is.

Do you REALLY think that the DPG had use the coulours stripes system just for annoying you ?

You are color blind, just like 8.5% of the men population. It is a problem for you to use the color stripes system of HoN. It is a bad thing, everybody is ok with that.

Is it a reason to be agressive against people that probalby just don't think about that ? Do you think how many cases there are like your problem ? DPG are just game designers, not gods (yes, yes, I had seen them, they aren't gods… ;-)) and can't think about all the personnal problems everybody can have to use HoN.

So, we should be constructive : I propose to you to use the compenents of the game, just like I do, and re-punch each counter after a game. I do it for different reasons, but I think it can help you.

Sorry for my rusty english.

“Un grand guerrier ? Personne par la guerre ne devient grand”.

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [05/06/2014] à 09:35

Have you stoped to consider that most people who are not collorblind most likely have no clue what the implications of some combinations are, or wat to do to avoid the problems you mentioned in your first post.

Also, you could consider explaining it in a polite manner instead of starting a rant, and just maybe, people will understand and they might even try to avoid it in the future.

But thats just my 2c.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [05/06/2014] à 14:43

Absolutely No need for this.

Again the minority who feel they are the majority. It is the designers choice how he wants the game to look and I am pretty sure board games do not fall under the ADA.

I feel sorry for you because you are color blind. However, most of us can sympathize but can not empathize because we do not know what you go through.

My father is color blind and does just fine and I have never witnessed him producing such an aggressive rant, especially on something so trivial.

There are many of us who have to deal with the cards we were dealt in life. Have you considered that? Others with difficulties that make it challenging to play this game or games in general.

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [06/06/2014] à 01:06

My tone being aggressive or not is irrelevant.. This isn't about a life challenging issue.. I was over that when I couldn't fly planes..

This is a massive discrimination whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.. Color Blindness affects 17% of the male population as a % of gamers that is going to run higher..

My annoyance was that I raised this issue during the KS before this was printed.. My annoyance is the complete lack of forethought for such a common issue (at least 1/5 of the gaming population if it is predominately male)

I can hack a fix for my stuff but the message needs to be very clear, make better color choices.. it is a complete artistic decision for them, and one that literally causes me a headache and eye strain trying to sort the pieces out.. you would never know; you glance at them and they are different.. The colors are very close on some of them, add together with the fact that they clearly had them manufactured at 2 different places (the finish and color's don't quite match, I spent HOURS trying to sort the Germans, something a color normal person could do in 20 minutes)

So once again, climb off your defensive soap box, they F'd up, whether you like to agree or not, it is a bad choice to use those color ranges as an identifier.. It is common sense, surely you can comprehend common sense, a good practice and a bad one?

I said what I came to say, I made my point, please use better choices in the future, some of us can't tell the difference.

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [06/06/2014] à 03:55

I am color blind as well, and while the German colors are a difficult to tell apart without direct light on them (in my case) Its something that I have dealt with my entire life and don't feel that you should be as harsh as you have been.

Is it difficult? yes.

Should you scream and yell like a child? No.

Yea it sucks that being colorblind automatically disqualifies you from performing certain jobs. It's the reason I never joined the military as was my dream to when I was younger as all of the jobs I wanted I was unable to do despite having a high test score.

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [06/06/2014] à 09:01

Mike,

This second message is clearly less aggressive.

I do'n t think the colors that so annoying you (and it is a bad thing, everybody is ok) is only an artistic choice. I think that technical aspect can be considered, and probably the need to be useful for un-colorblind people.

Think about my proposition : use the punchboards to help you. It can help.

“Un grand guerrier ? Personne par la guerre ne devient grand”.

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [06/06/2014] à 10:31

I don't think the Devil Pigs had Wookies in mind when they built this thing – Maybe you should have backed out if the colour had not been address to your satisfaction. Else I'm sure you'll recoop your money selling a KS edition on ebay.

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [06/06/2014] à 18:30

I don't think we merit this aggressivity. I read you and the only thing i think :

Why don't i conquered the world ? Seemingly, i am a Master of Evil !!!! :mrgreen:

So, i am serious. The color bands are the historical colors of these regiments.

En recherche de stage maquettiste

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [07/06/2014] à 05:46

Quote from PDXMike on [06/06/2014] à 01:06

My tone being aggressive or not is irrelevant.

I completely disagree. You bring up a very good point, but your tone undercuts the issue.

Quote from Axel on [06/06/2014] à 18:30

I don't think we merit this aggressivity. The color bands are the historical colors of these regiments.

It appears they made a choice to use historical unit colors. I for one have no problem with the decision to go with historically accurate colors.

Young, Rodger W., Private, 148th Infantry, 37th Infantry Division; born Tiffin, Ohio, 28 April 1918; died 31 July 1943, on the island of New Georgia, Solomons, South Pacific, while singlehandedly attacking and destroying an enemy machine-gun pillbox. His platoon had been pinned down by intense fire from this pillbox; Private Young was wounded in the first burst. He crawled toward the pillbox, was wounded a second time but continued to advance, firing his rifle as he did so. He closed on the pillbox, attacked and destroyed it with hand grenades, but in so doing he was wounded a third time and killed. His bold and gallant action in the face of overwhelming odds enabled his teammates to escape without loss; he was awarded posthumously the MEDAL OF HONOR.

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [07/06/2014] à 09:16

There is nothing wrong with the colours they use.

If one person has a disability then that is THEIR problem, not everyone else's, get over it.

I have some medical issues, I never expect anyone else to treat me differently, my responsibility to adapt.

If someone posts a very rude message on the forum, such as this post they are not going to get any support or sympathy.

I wish people would quit whining about why the entire world does not revolve around them

Andy

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [07/06/2014] à 10:21

The message i would have like to read about this subject should have be :

Hi, i like your game but i've trouble with the color patterns. Any idea to help me on that ?

I would have then take time to find a solution.

Anyway, we will probably, but not as a top priority.

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [07/06/2014] à 17:14

Quote from clem on [07/06/2014] à 10:21

The message i would have like to read about this subject should have be :

Hi, i like your game but i've trouble with the color patterns. Any idea to help me on that ?

I would have then take time to find a solution.

Anyway, we will probably, but not as a top priority.

+1

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [07/06/2014] à 19:01

I'm curious now, what kind of solution would/could have solved this issue?

Proud Kickstarter

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [07/06/2014] à 20:53

Maybe a small symbol in the corner of every tile, so all corresponding tiles have the same symbol.

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [08/06/2014] à 03:23

Another solution (i don't say we use it) is to modify the background color and the color strip of some regiments. For that, we need to identify which color blind is the most prevalent, identify which color induces issues, change colors to all punchboard. Finally, put the file on the download section …

So a big work … and the publishing of our punchboard file. I think we need to cogitate about that when we have time.

En recherche de stage maquettiste

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [08/06/2014] à 10:42

Quote from Paletti on [07/06/2014] à 20:53

Maybe a small symbol in the corner of every tile, so all corresponding tiles have the same symbol.

If I'm not mistaken, all the unit tokens except the 'army wide use' ones already have their unit symbols on them. however they are not on the recruitment options or unit specific gears (only the colored bands on those)

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

Absolutely Horrible Color Pairing for Germans for color blind people. Posted on [08/06/2014] à 13:51

Maybe the fan's made token guide can solve is problem ? http://www.devil-pig-games.com/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=1292

Blog : http://heroes-of-normandie.com — Règles solo HoN : http://bit.ly/1iikgDU — Editeur de scénarios : http://bit.ly/1l2tfZI — Ne faisant pas partie des DPGs mes écrits n’engagent que moi (et encore)… et en plus il m’arrive souvent de me tromper (surtout sur les règles)…

Pages: 1