Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
German Army box after getting almost all units?
German Army box after getting almost all units? Posted on [09/10/2020] à 10:05

Hi all!

After my last purchase I promised this was the last one….

So now I see that Wittman's back in stock and I've always joked to my wife about getting the german army box. After checking out the contents, I feel that there's not that much new stuff in there.

The panzer grenadiere is a copy of the corebox grenadiere.

The pioneers are in the 1st ss panzer I believe.

I also have a tank platoon somewhere else.

The Goliath seems to be the biggest new item in the german army box.

I've got almost all the german expansions in the form of the big expansion boxes, and the seperate platoons like 21st, 1st ss, etc.

Am I missing something? Why do you like or dislike the german army box?

German Army box after getting almost all units? Posted on [09/10/2020] à 11:22

I'm going from memory and can be wrong, but the army box Panzergrenadiere platoon was the mechanized one, I think? The one that came with 2 half-tracks as part of the options.

That is a pretty big difference.

Or was it the platoon with lots of ambush troops? Cannot remember. Anyway, it is not a carbon copy of the core Panzergrenadiere platoon.

The Pioneer platoon is nothing like the SS-Pioneers. The Goliaths make difference. Both have flamethrowers, IIRC.

And if you are anything like me, I hate to mix Heer and SS troops together. I like more themed forces… But if that doesn't bother you, then I guess the SS-pioneers are fine.

Every Panzer platoon has different tanks in it, so it's not a carbon copy. The army box panzer platoon is the Panzer IV platoon, I think?

21.Panzer had a Panther platoon, correct? So different equipment.

None of the German platoons are exact copies of each other. I like the little differences they have. Gives them character. (Same thing with other nations too.)

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

German Army box after getting almost all units? Posted on [09/10/2020] à 16:52

Thanks for your reply Colhammer:

There's one in the corebox that's mech and one that's just on foot. The one in the army box is a foot platoon. But now that I'm comparing 2 images of the options I see there's differences in the recruitment options. The army box version has an ambush squad (2 recon's and panzershreck), and a support group (2 mg's).

Corebox platoon:

Armybox platoon:

The Goliath seems to be the difference together with a halftrack that's in the pioneer's from the SS:

SS:

Armybox:

You're right about the panzer platoon. However, the 1st panzer division also has a panzer 4 platoon. However, 1st panzer has panther and jagdpanther as an upgrade. Where the army box uses stug upgrade options.

And mixing Heer and SS units is a nice aspect of getting the army box. Nice touch. I'll have to think about how big of a deal that will be for my games.

Thanks again for your opinion and views on the subject Colhammer!

German Army box after getting almost all units? Posted on [09/10/2020] à 17:22

Hi Jan,

You can post img urls between the img tags (quote my post to check), for easier viewing. 😎

For example:

EDIT: seems like a forum bug. :mrgreen:

[The error was the extra image tag you put in your text. You did not escape the square brackets. – Moderator]

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

German Army box after getting almost all units? Posted on [10/10/2020] à 07:45

Bah! Thanks tho 🙂

Edit: awesome, thanks both. Fixed it

German Army box after getting almost all units? Posted on [10/10/2020] à 09:42

Don't discount the Stug… check the abilities.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

German Army box after getting almost all units? Posted on [10/10/2020] à 19:31

Oh for sure! I love the stug ^_^

Pages: 1