Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Panzer IV ausf F main gun combat value
Panzer IV ausf F main gun combat value Posted on [20/10/2020] à 13:06

I saw Panzer IV ausf F’s main gun has green template and 3 combat value(+2/+3/+1) under that, which is different with the standard green template’s combat value(+4/+3/+0, destruction2)

Does that mean when I make attacks with its main gun I can choose either the combat value on the tile to shoot single target, or use template to blast several target?

Panzer IV ausf F main gun combat value Posted on [20/10/2020] à 14:05

Exactly, you have the choice between:

• A regular Firing Action with the unit's main Combat Values (+2/+3/+1) or

• An Alternate Firing Action with the Howitzer special ability with the green template (+4/+3/+0, Destruction 2)

Thematically, this could be interpreted as the difference between HE (High-Explosive) and regular shells. (I know there's a recruitment option for HE Shells, but let's not take that into account here).

You could ask yourself why would I ever use the regular Firing Action when the Combat Values are lower? Well, one example would be when shooting at units inside buildings… as you cannot hit those units with an explosion template (only the Destruction ability would trigger in this example).

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Panzer IV ausf F main gun combat value Posted on [20/10/2020] à 14:36

Saw your reply on GB group! Thank you again!

Panzer IV ausf F main gun combat value Posted on [20/10/2020] à 18:58

Note that the PzIV in stalingrad is a ausf F1. The F2 is like the PzIV in HoN

Jamais un type n’a gagné une guerre en mourant pour sa patrie. On gagne en s’arrangeant pour que ce soit le type d’en face qui meure pour sa patrie. George Smith Patton

Pages: 1