Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3
[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha
[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [10/05/2021] à 03:50

Quote from Idiots.Inc on [09/05/2021] à 22:44

Two things found by Discord User McJakub:

B8-Front: The recon units do not have the Scout ability (the recruitment tile even still shows them as having it)

Actually, in the latest version of the board, the recon unit image in the recruitment tile also does not have the Scout ability. Thus I am uncertain if it is deliberate or not.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [10/05/2021] à 12:53

Some icons are outdated:

BPBO-08-Front

The skull icons for these three light vehicles are outdated, these should be the new, rounded ones.

This is correct (since HoS):

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [10/05/2021] à 14:31

Seems like lack of scout was a mistake, also I wrote about this on discord but I would really like to see this very small improvement for Festungkompanire. I am talking about their helmets, they look very spherical and not very Stahlhelmy.

Here's what I am talking about, left one is original, right was redrawn by me. Left one looks more like Fallschimjager helmet than regular one, right has more distinct features. US guys get either goggles or nets on helmets to make them look more interestimg so I think Festungkompanie deserves a better looking helmets (if you really want to pimp them out you could add chicken wire on the helmets).

I think that this would greatly improve how these Germans look and conisdering they are the only platoon that has that issue and piggies have such talented artists that this wouldn't be an issue 😉

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [11/05/2021] à 02:48

Quote from yann on [10/05/2021] à 13:46

Je viens de mettre a jours les punchboards du Battle pack. J'ais pris toute les corrections vue a ce jour.

Apparently Yann has update the images again… so time for another pass 🙂

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [11/05/2021] à 12:40

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [10/05/2021] à 22:34

Quote from McJakub on [10/05/2021] à 14:31

this would greatly improve how these Germans look and considering they are the only platoon that has that issue and piggies have such talented artists that this wouldn't be an issue 😉

Sure, what's a few thousand image edits 😛

Oh I was only talking about new Festungkompanie, old ones can stay.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [11/05/2021] à 17:38

Battle pack Punchboards updated :mrgreen:

Alors oui je fait des fautes d’orthographes mais il faut bien que je m’exprime non ?

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [11/05/2021] à 20:21

Thank you Yann for the hard work! I'm super excited for some of these changes like the Festungskompanie grenatawerfer and new Ranger Stripes! Here is what I could find this time around:

B1 Front: .30 Cal has engineer ability but D-Day .30 Cal did not

B2 Front & Back: Ranger gunners ability icon uses old skull style

B2 Back: the training rangers X2, rangers bazooka, gear rangers , and both US air option tokens should be flipped

B2 Back: Focke-Wulf has AA icon in wrong spot

B3 & B4 front: no break point markers on High command and Divisionstab? I know the old ones from the army boxes didnt, but they also didn't come with two units.

B4 Front and Back: Festungskompanie gunners ability icon uses old skull style

B4 Back: Ambush sides of Pak 40 and 7.5 cm Leig should be flipped

B7 Back: Heavy vehicle damage markers are using old skull icon

B7 Back: Halftrack option should be flipped

B8 Front: both scouts and the Sharfshuetze are using the old skull death icon

B8 Front and Back: the Aufklaerung Panzershreck costs 20 to the standard 15, but now comes with the scout ability, so intentional?

B8 Back: Aufklaerung Recruitment tile is missing its order star assigned to the tile, next to the tile cost like on the front. This is also true for the rangers, so does this symbolize the loss of the order token when the tile breaks?

Lastly I noticed something I thought looked really good but is new / inconsistent. On boards B2 and B8 all three recruitment tile's star order icons over recruitment slots have their background colors as the unit stripes. To my knowledge this is not the case with the HOS set or with any of the other tiles with icons above options (B1 Engineer 0 cost icon, B3 rifle platoon order star, B4 Festungskompanie order star icon, and B7 Tank platoon order star icon). Also, to be clear, this is consistant over both the fronts and backs of these boards.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [11/05/2021] à 23:07

Quote from Idiots.Inc on [08/05/2021] à 09:34

B2-Back: The Ranger recruitment tile is missing the lower tile order star that is next to the cost (like on the front)

No, because when the Platoon Recruitment tile is broken, the Order is no longer available. The one above the slot is never removed for the rare case when the Platoon is broken but the Support Option in the slot is not.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [11/05/2021] à 23:54

Quote from Idiots.Inc on [11/05/2021] à 20:21

Lastly I noticed something I thought looked really good but is new / inconsistent. On boards B2 and B8 all three recruitment tile's star order icons over recruitment slots have their background colors as the unit stripes. To my knowledge this is not the case with the HOS set or with any of the other tiles with icons above options (B1 Engineer 0 cost icon, B3 rifle platoon order star, B4 Festungskompanie order star icon, and B7 Tank platoon order star icon). Also, to be clear, this is consistant over both the fronts and backs of these boards.

That means that the Order is only available if the option filling the slot has the unit's stripes (Compendium, p. 6).

It was originally used exclusively in the Wittmann expansion, but apparently DPG is employing it more broadly in BRO.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [12/05/2021] à 08:47

Quote from Bokrug on [07/05/2021] à 22:23

Also on board 4, I’m surprised the Mauser R9 has a range of 7, I would think it to be a 4 (it being a pistol, and 9mm having a shorter range than the standard caliber). Assuming this is the model I think it is…

This is not an official response, but barring that I did some digging on the C96.

While it is a pistol, it has both a stock and a graduated sight marked out to 500m. The stock allows a two-handed rather than the historical one-handed pistol stance, and the sight making it much easier to aim at distant targets than is available on most pistols. So perhaps those are contributing factors…

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [12/05/2021] à 13:12

Quote from Idiots.Inc on [11/05/2021] à 20:21

Thank you Yann for the hard work! I'm super excited for some of these changes like the Festungskompanie grenatawerfer and new Ranger Stripes!

Thank YOU for all your hard work going over the boards. We will all benefit from your care.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [12/05/2021] à 16:48

Battle pack Punchboards updated :mrgreen:

Alors oui je fait des fautes d’orthographes mais il faut bien que je m’exprime non ?

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [12/05/2021] à 19:35

I really liking new look of Festungkompanie 😉

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [13/05/2021] à 08:59

OP has been updated to 5/12 board versions.

The Gunner's Substitute icon has not changed on all gunners. It might be staying, or just not yet fixed.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [13/05/2021] à 09:01

Quote from McJakub on [10/05/2021] à 14:31

Seems like lack of scout was a mistake, also I wrote about this on discord but I would really like to see this very small improvement for Festungkompanire. I am talking about their helmets, they look very spherical and not very Stahlhelmy.

Persistence pays off, and we all reap the rewards. Congratulations on getting your wish 🙂

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [13/05/2021] à 19:22

A couple more things I saw:

B2 Back: Focke-Wulf missing "SC 500 x2" text like on front

B4 Front: Should the Festungskompanie Gunners have 4 move when the D-day gunners had 3?

B4 front and back: Should Heinrich token have the normal German stripes (grey with black stripe in middle) as he currently just has solid grey

B4 Back: Granatwerfer has wrong tripod icon, it should have a slash through it.

B8 front: Should tricky have the unit icon like the rest of the Aufklaerung rather then the generic balkenkreuz?

B8 back: Should the back of the guardian token say "Training German" rather than "Character German"?

Also, McJakub pointed out in discord that on B4 front: now that the spotter is a generic German unit it should loose the 352nd insignia and get the balkenkreuz

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [13/05/2021] à 20:55

Heroes, like Heinrich, typically have different single/wide stripes on their unit counters, compared to the thick/thin/thick stripes of common units, so I think his stripes are okay.

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [17/05/2021] à 21:58

I found a missing space character and some special German nameing of military units 😉

BO-02 Front and BO-02 Back

– For the "old" Rangers (with Cpt. M.Pepper") the "GEAR x5" Option was 30 points worth. Is it intended to change the costs to 20 points?

BO-08 Front and BO-08 Back

– "PANZER-AUFKLÄRUNGS ABTEILUNG 2 – 2.PANZER DIV." is missing a space character between "2." and "PANZER DIV."

– The officer of "PANZER-AUFKLÄRUNG" should be "OL Siebert" or "OLt. Siebert" for Oberleutnant and not "OB Siebert"

– The number of german units of regiments, battalions, abteilung and below is always behind the name and without a dot. So it should be "PANZERGRUPPE – PANZER ABTEILUNG II – PZ REG. 3 – 2. PZ DIV."

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [09/06/2021] à 22:58

Now that the awesome terrain boards are up…Check out the OP for a link to the preview if you want to take a look.

OB5-B is named OB4-B, but the terrain is different.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [10/06/2021] à 17:19

We’re gonna need a new thread for the BRO core box preview that just came up (yes, I already spotted something)…

Pages: 1 2 3