Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Spasiba Comrade! Mission scenario... Too easy to win for the Russian...
Spasiba Comrade! Mission scenario... Too easy to win for the Russian... Posted on [28/07/2021] à 16:33

Tomorrow I will play the Stalingrad scenario number 4, called "Spasiba Comrade!"… But it seems too easy to win for the soviets… They have the frontovik and commanders that can run 4 squares… Instead, the german player has only one officer with 4 squares move skill and also they have an AT gun which is almost unuseful since the russian player has no armors or tanks at all!!!

Do someone find it to be unbalanced has my friend does; or it is maybe misprinted? I want then report and remember you, that the victory conditions state that the game ends as soon as a player controls the central building with the control marker in red onto it…

I am doing some testing… And it seems that soviets could easily win within the 2nd turn!!! Germans need at least to put the commander in danger of life (that prevents then to access 2 of the 3 order tokens he has, and can easily bring him/her to sudden death/losing the game).

Why none found this "error of programmation" within this scenario?

There is a way to allow germans to win in the 2nd turn alike; or it is not possible? Some way to balance the issue?

Spasiba Comrade! Mission scenario... Too easy to win for the Russian... Posted on [29/07/2021] à 10:42

In order to control the objective in that house, you need to be the only one in the entire building. Once there is at least one other unit from an opponent in the house, the objective is contested and not controlled. You basically have to clear the house in order to win.

Have you played this rule correctly?

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Spasiba Comrade! Mission scenario... Too easy to win for the Russian... Posted on [02/08/2021] à 07:21

Pretty easy for Russians to win in 2nd round unless Germans get some good movement cards to get in the building first. Russia needs 6 movement to block the opposite door from Germans, whereas the Germans need 8 to block out Russians, so most likely the German player will contest the building in round 2, whereas the Russian does have available an easy win without even expending a card if going first in round 2, so don't get deflated if you find this to be true.

Personally, I like the forces, I like the map, but scenarios that win by grabbing a single objective often fall short. Try playing that you run all 6 rounds and then score casualties, with someone holding the building drawing a hand of 5 cards rather than 4. Also, swapping E-01 and E-02 opens up the field of fire a bit. You will have a fine little squirmish with the building remaining the central focus then.

Spasiba Comrade! Mission scenario... Too easy to win for the Russian... Posted on [03/08/2021] à 21:22

Quote from Kingprawn on [02/08/2021] à 07:21

Pretty easy for Russians to win in 2nd round unless Germans get some good movement cards to get in the building first. Russia needs 6 movement to block the opposite door from Germans, whereas the Germans need 8 to block out Russians, so most likely the German player will contest the building in round 2, whereas the Russian does have available an easy win without even expending a card if going first in round 2, so don't get deflated if you find this to be true.

Personally, I like the forces, I like the map, but scenarios that win by grabbing a single objective often fall short. Try playing that you run all 6 rounds and then score casualties, with someone holding the building drawing a hand of 5 cards rather than 4. Also, swapping E-01 and E-02 opens up the field of fire a bit. You will have a fine little squirmish with the building remaining the central focus then.

Thank you for your cool suggestions… We play by the rules as much as we can however, so we will keep up with the 4 cards per player's hand… The other suggestions are interesting. I would like to try them ASAP… Thanks a lot.

Spasiba Comrade! Mission scenario... Too easy to win for the Russian... Posted on [03/08/2021] à 21:27

Quote from bartdevuyst on [29/07/2021] à 10:42

In order to control the objective in that house, you need to be the only one in the entire building. Once there is at least one other unit from an opponent in the house, the objective is contested and not controlled. You basically have to clear the house in order to win.

Have you played this rule correctly?

We played it, and play, by the rules. So… Yes… We use the control zone thing you said.

In addiction, we played roughly and not sparing "unfair strikes" as it is said… And/But, however, we weirdly ended up by seing that the mission is quite balanced, even if, if someone goes first and/or draws the lucky and needed cards it could still end easily on the 2nd or 3rd turn!!! Maybe I will replay it by following the suggestions that a friendly guy put under our posts, here in this page…

Pages: 1