Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
ISSUES WITH SCATTER TEMPLATES AND BUILDINGS/RUBBLES AND TROOPS INSIDE THEM...
ISSUES WITH SCATTER TEMPLATES AND BUILDINGS/RUBBLES AND TROOPS INSIDE THEM... Posted on [21/09/2021] à 22:57

Hi to you, great HoN community…

How are you?!? Hope fine.

I'm back to ask you a thing or two about the direct/indirect shots (mortars, cannons and howitzers) and how they do interact with troops inside buildings or damaged buildings (as we see in Stalingrad expansions).

Can someone read the following and then, if able, answer me to disband the doubts I faced with my friends in the game session we just finished today?!? Thanks alot in advance. Ivan

The question/issue is:

Have I to add the defence bonuses written onto buildings and rubbled buildings in the Stalingrad expansions and core sets, to the units inside such buildings, or I have not to do so, when they are struck by indirect fire?

The situation was this: I aimed with my mortars to a bunch of troops inside a destroyed house and I rolled 6… Then, my scatter template ended precisely inside the center of such terrain asset… I started to roll for each troop hit… But my friend stated that the +2 defence bonus written onto that terrain piece had to be taken into account. Then I managed to kill only 1 out of his 3 troops… But, if we had done the other way around, I would have killed them all…

Then… We started to re-read the manuals to find out a way to solve this issue, but couldn't find a way to solve it or we just passed it over by rapid rereading… And then it is why we are now here, asking you the correct way to solve it and a refresh of the rules involving artillery strikes and howitzer "indirect hits" templates, and the way they do interact with buildings and destroyed buildings and troops inside them…

Thank you for your kind patience…

ISSUES WITH SCATTER TEMPLATES AND BUILDINGS/RUBBLES AND TROOPS INSIDE THEM... Posted on [22/09/2021] à 20:21

Indirect fire uses the same rules as Howitzer, except it adds scatter, and the rules for Howitzer cover what happens both (a) units in buildings as well as (b) units in partially destroyed buildings (what you are calling "rubble buildings").

What part of the rules are you finding unclear?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

ISSUES WITH SCATTER TEMPLATES AND BUILDINGS/RUBBLES AND TROOPS INSIDE THEM... Posted on [23/09/2021] à 13:17

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [22/09/2021] à 20:21

Indirect fire uses the same rules as Howitzer, except it adds scatter, and the rules for Howitzer cover what happens both (a) units in buildings as well as (b) units in partially destroyed buildings (what you are calling "rubble buildings").

What part of the rules are you finding unclear?

The part "I have an infantry or mortar or mg or an AT gun/rifle team inside a building or trench" (intact or destoyed it could be); then such unit receives a shell using scatter marker(5/6 on the d6)… I have then to assign it the defensive bonus granted by such structure, or I cannot do so? I think that only intact bunkers / buildings could grant their defensive bonuses…

But I prefer to read the correct way from your replies, if you can explain / refresh me better this issue wirh that particular case/rule…

ISSUES WITH SCATTER TEMPLATES AND BUILDINGS/RUBBLES AND TROOPS INSIDE THEM... Posted on [23/09/2021] à 23:41

What do the Howitzer rules say about units inside partially destroyed buildings? I don't have easy access to my rules currently, but if I recall from my previous check, it was page 16, top of the right-hand column.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

ISSUES WITH SCATTER TEMPLATES AND BUILDINGS/RUBBLES AND TROOPS INSIDE THEM... Posted on [24/09/2021] à 18:41

Thank you…

I saw and found what I neeed to refresh…

The rule states that partially destroyed buildings grant the lower defensive bonus to protect the inf troops inside them.

Buildings that instead are intact or not partially destroyed grant total protection and the shell impacts against them so we need to roll and see if the said buildings obtain a damage token or more…

Pages: 1