Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Is the US 75mm PACK Howitzer supposed to be direct fire?
I spotted a misprinted icon into the set "53th US Armored Infantry Battalion" - color coded in blue, ocra yellow and small red band in between them. Posted on [25/09/2021] à 16:57

The "errata" I found into such set is upon the 75mm Pack Howitzer M8 unit…

The damage icon onto it…

Since it is an Howitzer it should have the direct/indirect icon (that one with the curved arrow on it) but, instead, it has the direct shoot icon in the place of the former…

It is weird and unrealistic… Since it does not allow a Howitzer to shoot in a way that intead it can do, in reality.

If it was a CANNON… It could shoot only straightways… But since it is an howitzer it can do both: attack directly or with an indirect artillery shelling!!!

I spotted a misprinted icon into the set "53th US Armored Infantry Battalion" - color coded in blue, ocra yellow and small red bad in between them. Posted on [26/09/2021] à 04:54

It is perfectly valid in a direct-fire (Howitzer) role. There is another version of the same gun in Gazette 1. The blast template is the one used for HE shells.

It is the same way that the German and UK 75mm guns are all direct fire weapons within the context of HoN. You may not agree with the definition of the gun, but that does not make it an error.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Is the US 75mm PACK Howitzer supposed to be direct fire? Posted on [26/09/2021] à 17:02

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [26/09/2021] à 04:54

It is perfectly valid in a direct-fire (Howitzer) role. There is another version of the same gun in Gazette 1. The blast template is the one used for HE shells.

It is the same way that the German and UK 75mm guns are all direct fire weapons within the context of HoN. You may not agree with the definition of the gun, but that does not make it an error.

In military terms, direct fire only guns are called cannons. Indirect and direct fire capable guns ar instead, howitzers… That is why they should have the relative icon… I think that I will use them in both way, to be accurate, in relation with the real life military counterparts of such weapon systems…

Is the US 75mm PACK Howitzer supposed to be direct fire? Posted on [26/09/2021] à 19:51

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [26/09/2021] à 17:02

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [26/09/2021] à 04:54

In military terms, direct fire only guns are called cannons. Indirect and direct fire capable guns ar instead, howitzers… That is why they should have the relative icon… I think that I will use them in both way, to be accurate, in relation with the real life military counterparts of such weapon systems…

As I have already said in multiple other posts: HoN is a WW2 themed board game. It is not a combat simulator. I am not going to get into arguments defending game-play decision that are frankly not my purview in the first place.

If all 75mm howitzers are direct fire weapons, then it is not an error that any particular 75mm howitzer is a direct fire weapon. It is how the class of gun is defined within the scope of the game.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages: 1