Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
HOS compatible with Carentan and Sainte Mère Eglise Scenario Pack?
HOS compatible with Carentan and Sainte Mère Eglise Scenario Pack? Posted on [11/01/2022] à 12:52

Hi all – I just discovered this game and really want to place my first order.

I am, however, really overwhelmed by all the options and compatibility. As HOS is the only coreset available (not a Cthulhu fan), I would like to know if I can combine HON expansions with it. Am not a big fan of the russion maps and would rather play HON scenarios. Would that be possible?

The expansion I am looking into are the Carentan and Sainte Mère Eglise Scenario Pack? Preferably with adding the US army box.

Thanks, Nick

HOS compatible with Carentan and Sainte Mère Eglise Scenario Pack? Posted on [11/01/2022] à 14:14

All expansions are designed to be used with their matching core box, so the scenarios in Carentan are set up to use the Fallschirmjagers of the expansion box vs. The American troops in the core box. So if you have only the HoS core box, you will have Russian forces rather than US forces. If you pick up the American Army box, that is a lot easier to manage.

That is not to say you cannot substitute other units – the point system built in to all HSTS products will allow you to come up with a roughly equivalent force using other troops.

This is only an issue for a new player trying to fit alternate troops into a specifically-designed scenario. For purposes of a free-form battle, that is a lot less of an issue.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

HOS compatible with Carentan and Sainte Mère Eglise Scenario Pack? Posted on [11/01/2022] à 15:38

Thanks for this great feedback! It helps in the decision making 🙂

HOS compatible with Carentan and Sainte Mère Eglise Scenario Pack? Posted on [11/01/2022] à 23:25

One more thing that is a bit different that I did not mention: The Action decks are "mismatched". I put that in quotes because it is not that big a difference, because the majority of all action decks are pretty much the same. There are only a small portion of the deck (about 1/10th) that is unique to each faction.

You should also ignore the portion of any V1 scenarios that discusses removing cards from your card decks. Although I have covered this more fully in other threads, a TL;DR answer is: The old decks expected you to tune the deck to a particular battle, but the new system just gives "corner-case" cards alternate bonus values so every card is useful.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

HOS compatible with Carentan and Sainte Mère Eglise Scenario Pack? Posted on [12/01/2022] à 09:38

Thanks for clarifying. To be sure, HON has the new cards system, correct? Also I could buy some new 2.0 packs for German and US to play with those factions?

HOS compatible with Carentan and Sainte Mère Eglise Scenario Pack? Posted on [12/01/2022] à 23:12

Quote from Nicktwin on [12/01/2022] à 09:38

Thanks for clarifying. To be sure, HON has the new cards system, correct? Also I could buy some new 2.0 packs for German and US to play with those factions?

Everything since HoN 1st Edition (and the UK Army Box, which was developed at the same time) use the new deck format. Once DPG developed the concept, they have used it ever since.

Pages: 1