Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
8cm Grantenwerfer + Dynamic
8cm Grantenwerfer + Dynamic Posted on [21/01/2022] à 00:06

We started a new round of matches in Stalingrad, and the other night for the first time an interesting card combo came up. Would just like to check with you guys we played it right.

The "8cm Granatenwerfer" card states:

"Play instead of activating a unit. Remove the order token from that unit, but do not give it an activated marker. Execute alternate firing action with the following combat values.."

While the "Dynamic" card states:

"Play during the activation phase. You can move one of your order tokens onto a unit that doesn't have one and has not yet activated this turn".

So by playing them in sequence my opponent removed the order token from the unit about to act, launched its granatenwerfer attack, and then placed the removed order token (now sitting on the side of the field) back onto a unit (which could technically be the same from which he just took the order token off).

Is this all correct? By reading the text it works for us, but having just few matches under our belts (and being a bit rusty too) we'd like to be sure. 🙂

8cm Grantenwerfer + Dynamic Posted on [21/01/2022] à 00:32

I will see the french text of the cards tomorrow, but I don't think that "remove" is equal to "move".

-The "8cm Granatenwerfer" card states: "remove"

So, remove your order token ("of the game board") : it's lost, or used. After that, you can move your unit during the supply phase (no activated marker).

-The "Dynamic" card states: "move"

It's something different. You can take an order token from one unit to another. You then can change which unit you want to play.

8cm Grantenwerfer + Dynamic Posted on [21/01/2022] à 04:43

Disclaimer: My use of "you" is not accusatory, it is merely a way to write rules text concisely.

An order token "removed" is taken out of play. Order tokens only enter play when assigned by you to one of your units. That is the same as a case where the unit is destroyed or acts out of turn, the Order token is removed from play for that round.

While Dynamic does offer an option to move the token from your unit that is about to be destroyed to a different one of your units, that token is still in play at the time it is moved. Dynamic does not allow you to assign a currently unassigned token onto a unit, that is why it says "move" not "assign".

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

8cm Grantenwerfer + Dynamic Posted on [21/01/2022] à 10:54

This Dynamic card got a slight improvement in wording during the development of the Big Red One edition (and in the updated card decks from the 'A Pig Back from Hell' campaign). I copied it here, so you can see that the actual intent of this card is better explained now.

Play during the Activation Phase.

Reassign an unrevealed Order Token from one of your units to another unit without an Order Token or Activated Marker.

That Order Token can even be salvaged from a unit right after it was Destroyed.

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

8cm Grantenwerfer + Dynamic Posted on [22/01/2022] à 12:56

Thank you guys, all very clear. We do have a copy of "Big Red One" ordered, and I'm sure that with the new wording we would had this right this since the first play.

Thanks! 😀

8cm Grantenwerfer + Dynamic Posted on [22/01/2022] à 19:53

Quote from bartdevuyst on [21/01/2022] à 10:54

This Dynamic card got a slight improvement in wording during the development of the Big Red One edition

Oh sure! Take the easy way out. I was trying to work within the HoS rules themselves. :mrgreen:

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

8cm Grantenwerfer + Dynamic Posted on [23/01/2022] à 20:37

😛

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Pages: 1