Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[Unofficial][Aid] Online army builder
[Unofficial][Aid] Online army builder Posted on [14/12/2019] à 07:32

Things like gear or traits that are supposed to be limited to only one platoon can now be used by two platoons instead if you take a duplicate platoon. That is more flexibility than originally envisioned. Sure, you can put gear on a command unit, but you have to include the command unit and that greatly increases the cost to match the increased flexibility.

How do you track recruitment options or recruitment tiles breaking if there are twice of the same regiment? You can hopefully track it, but you are leaving yourself vulnerable to a tracking breakdown creating a lot of confusion.

As to "how bad it is if I use X platoon". If you allow duplication, then you are opening the door to two copies of Wittmann, or any other more powerful unit.

I do not think that is a good idea, sorry. Even a weak unit causes the sort of issues I have already talked about.

To me, the limitations as structured make something like the new core box interesting. The platoons are not duplicates of those in the original core box. So if I want to pick up a copy of the new box, I get the new rulebook (for easy reference at the table), the new German and US card decks, and a whole set of new platoons. Attractive package for those that have the 1.x core box. Not a requirement, but a nice cookie for those that want it.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Unofficial][Aid] Online army builder Posted on [16/12/2019] à 12:19

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [14/12/2019] à 07:32

Things like gear or traits that are supposed to be limited to only one platoon can now be used by two platoons instead if you take a duplicate platoon. That is more flexibility than originally envisioned. Sure, you can put gear on a command unit, but you have to include the command unit and that greatly increases the cost to match the increased flexibility.

How do you track recruitment options or recruitment tiles breaking if there are twice of the same regiment? You can hopefully track it, but you are leaving yourself vulnerable to a tracking breakdown creating a lot of confusion.

As to "how bad it is if I use X platoon". If you allow duplication, then you are opening the door to two copies of Wittmann, or any other more powerful unit.

I do not think that is a good idea, sorry. Even a weak unit causes the sort of issues I have already talked about.

To me, the limitations as structured make something like the new core box interesting. The platoons are not duplicates of those in the original core box. So if I want to pick up a copy of the new box, I get the new rulebook (for easy reference at the table), the new German and US card decks, and a whole set of new platoons. Attractive package for those that have the 1.x core box. Not a requirement, but a nice cookie for those that want it.

…just by cunningly and smartingly using the tons of "Tank Damages" tokens given out with the core sets + the dozens of the expansions I bought !!! Simple… From 1 to 6 is the range they have… So – for instance – you can deploy at least from 1 to 5 copies of the same platoon recruitment tile and without problems … Just assign those tokens relatively at the units they refer to so to have, i.e., the nr 2 upon a recruiitment tile and a nr 2 prited onto the backwards if the caring house in which he stayed.

[Unofficial][Aid] Online army builder Posted on [17/12/2019] à 00:01

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [16/12/2019] à 12:19

…just by cunningly and smartingly using the tons of "Tank Damages" tokens given out with the core sets + the dozens of the expansions I bought !!!

That is a clever idea of a variant or home-brew mechanic. (And I share your annoyance for the large number of those token sets you end up with if you get a lot of expansions). However, such a variant puts it firmly in the "Nice to have, but can we please get the new platoons installed first before trying to support a very limited use-case" camp for me.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Unofficial][Aid] Online army builder Posted on [17/12/2019] à 04:22

Oh, forgot to mention one more point on the damage markers — If that was the only expansion you bought, you might need the marker set to handle all the vehicles in a scenario. If only some of the sets came with markers, DPG cannot guarantee that someone buys the "correct" expansions to have enough damage marker sets, so every time you have a vehicle in an expansion, it comes with a set of damage markers.

It only really matters if you buy a LOT of the expansions, and then you have a lot of left-over sets 🙂

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7