Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
[Suggestion][Taken!] Compendium
[Suggestion] Compendium Posted on [24/02/2015] à 22:37

From the hints I have gotten of what is coming in the 3 big expansion boxes:

• Expanded water rules,

• Hidden movement/night raids,

• Weather,

• Expanded building damage,

• Characters with gear slots on their recruitment cards

• Who knows what is still waiting to be discovered

There is a lot of interesting additional material coming for HoN in the next few months.

Now you add in discussions like the recent question of "Can I use Lord Lovat with the core box?" and the fact that doing so would leave the player with units that have special abilities and no reference to how they work, at least until grabbing a download of the Special Abilities reference 😉

This leads me to a suggestion. This is my personal wish only and I have no hint of any such product being planned by DPG. Just wanted to make that clear.

Would it be possible once the expansions sets are complete to do a compendium of all the rules collected into one book? I would suggest hiring dreamshade to do the integration, at least for the English version.

I play many games like Small World where there are *multiple* references to various expansions and it can be annoying to have to dig through all the different ones to find the reference you need for a particular rule.

If said compendium also included rules for using SoN units with HoN, that would be a nice plus for those interested mainly in HoN but who want to expand into the villagers and other material.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Suggestion] Compendium Posted on [25/02/2015] à 01:20

I agree that a compendium would be a great idea. Dreamshade is definitely the man for the job for the English translation. He does an excellent job with the rules!

[Suggestion] Compendium Posted on [30/03/2015] à 18:20

+1

[Suggestion] Compendium Posted on [31/03/2015] à 12:10

in the new expansions (Pegasus Bridge, Carentan and St. Meire Eglise) are there rules for paratroopers?? rules that cover the jump and the landing of the troops??

[Suggestion] Compendium Posted on [31/03/2015] à 15:56

Quote from LEONIDA63 on [31/03/2015] à 12:10

in the new expansions (Pegasus Bridge, Carentan and St. Meire Eglise) are there rules for paratroopers?? rules that cover the jump and the landing of the troops??

Judging by the icons and such on the boards, it seems likely.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Suggestion] Compendium Posted on [01/04/2015] à 07:11

I was thinking about one thing that would be a good idea for people who want to buy the game and are on holliday in France or the french part of Belgium, I visit Paris once a year minimum and often go to Normandie/ Bretagne on holliday. It would be nice to buy the game in a french game store and buy or download the language dependent stuff through special order or something, the rules I could live with a download version, but I like game cards in actual card print.

[Suggestion] Compendium Posted on [01/04/2015] à 08:35

Well, most rules and scenarios are already under the download section in their upgraded version. The only other thing that is language specific and not available for download (or for sale in the shop) are the card decks.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

[Suggestion] Compendium Posted on [01/04/2015] à 09:04

I have downloaded all the material in the download section and it's nice to have all the symbol/rules in one place.

I would buy a compendium though, should it come available some day.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Pages: 1