Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10 11
The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie
The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [01/03/2015] à 18:49

Someone is beeing very productive… I need to stock up on card again at this rate.

Just like the Sherman DD before there are little gems

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [01/03/2015] à 22:45

Quote from miah999 on [01/03/2015] à 17:32

Updated version of the Maus… now with PDF!

One suggestion: Something that big and heavy likely should only move 3…

Edit to add:

Actually, given it has a top speed 1/4 of a Tiger I, I think 2 might be more appropriate.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [01/03/2015] à 23:12

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [01/03/2015] à 22:45

One suggestion: Something that big and heavy likely should only move 3…

Edit to add:

Actually, given it has a top speed 1/4 of a Tiger I, I think 2 might be more appropriate.

It had speed 2 the first time I tried it and it was just two slow, but the last time I played around with it I never moved it after the first turn. So I'm not sure. Of course your right that from a technical point of view speed 2 (or even 1) would be more "realistic."

Jeremiah “Miah999” Terry

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [02/03/2015] à 03:04

It suffers no range penalty and has a frontal armor of 16. I don't weep for it moving slowly. If you positioned it badly on deployment that is your own fault. :mrgreen:

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [02/03/2015] à 04:42

I've done some maths, I know scary…

Anyway, the average sprinting speed for a soldier in full combat kit (not to be confused with a full marching load) is around 25 kph. The average infantry unit in HoN has move 4 so 25 kph divided by 4 gives us 6.25 kph per unit of move speed. So for example move 7 would be 43.75 or 27 mph. Which is just about the speed a jeep could accelerate two in the distance it would cover in 7 spaces on an HoN board.

The Panzer VII Maus had a projected speed of 13 kph or move 2. So I have to agree with you, and will make some changes soon. Not that I ever doubted you, but I wanted to have the math so I could use it in the future.

But I have to say that the previous number was based on testing and not math, it felt better to have it move faster, but I'm not opposed to accuracy. And of course your right that it rarely needs to move.

Anyway update posted at the bottom of the blog article listed above, you have your choice of move 4 or 2 now.

Jeremiah “Miah999” Terry

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [02/03/2015] à 06:32

Quote from miah999 on [01/03/2015] à 22:44

Also I was wanting some feedback from folks if they'd like to see a version of my Tannhauser Modular Map for HoN.

I am uncertain. I guess I would like to see a couple of maps converted to HoN to have a better idea of where you are planning to take the maps.

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [02/03/2015] à 14:12

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [02/03/2015] à 06:32

Quote from miah999 on [01/03/2015] à 22:44

Also I was wanting some feedback from folks if they'd like to see a version of my Tannhauser Modular Map for HoN.

I am uncertain. I guess I would like to see a couple of maps converted to HoN to have a better idea of where you are planning to take the maps.

They would be geared more toward the Shadows Over Normandie player, and each square tile would be re-scaled to a 2×2 Hon Style board. If there is enough demand, I'll pay for the Lighting engine to light the scenes, and do up some drafts.

I'm wondering how many play the weird war verses the historical. Think I'll do a poll.

Jeremiah “Miah999” Terry

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [02/03/2015] à 16:21

What thickness cardboard do you recommend using for the counters?

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [02/03/2015] à 16:58

Quote from matthew on [02/03/2015] à 16:21

3-4mm or 1/8th inch cardboard is good if you can find it and cut it. 1/8 "cold press board" is available in a lot of US craft stores: Michel's, A.C. Moore, etc. It is softer and easier to cut, but getting precise corners is still difficult.

Also I like to print my counters on sticker paper, so the images are self adhesive.

I plan on doing a how to in the future.

Jeremiah “Miah999” Terry

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [02/03/2015] à 17:32

Thanks for the info. I will be picking up some sticker paper tonight and sourcing some cardboard. The Maus counters are the bomb!

What software do you use to design the counters?

Matt

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [02/03/2015] à 17:33

Quote from miah999 on [02/03/2015] à 16:58

Quote from matthew on [02/03/2015] à 16:21

3-4mm or 1/8th inch cardboard is good if you can find it and cut it. 1/8 "cold press board" is available in a lot of US craft stores: Michel's, A.C. Moore, etc. It is softer and easier to cut, but getting precise corners is still difficult.

Also I like to print my counters on sticker paper, so the images are self adhesive.

I plan on doing a how to in the future.

presumably laser cut mdf bases of the right dimension with rounded corners would work as well 🙂

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [02/03/2015] à 17:40

Balsa Wood works nicely too.

Some folks might even like heavier wood tokens.

Jeremiah “Miah999” Terry

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [02/03/2015] à 18:09

don't tempt me to convert all my HoN stuff to hardwood….

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [02/03/2015] à 18:13

Quote from tycoon on [02/03/2015] à 18:09

Oh, and I was just about to suggest stainless steel.:)

Jeremiah “Miah999” Terry

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [02/03/2015] à 18:21

Wood tokens would be very nice! I will post some pics of my Maus counters once I get them put together.

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [03/03/2015] à 16:47

WOW – Very impressive going to have to keep my eye on your site.

Thanks

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [03/03/2015] à 17:34

The Maus counters printed out quite well on Avery sticker paper. Still looking for something suitable to mount them on.

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [03/03/2015] à 17:36

Quote from matthew on [03/03/2015] à 17:34

The Maus counters printed out quite well on Avery sticker paper. Still looking for something suitable to mount them on.

That's what I print all my counters on.

Jeremiah “Miah999” Terry

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [03/03/2015] à 18:20

Next up, the DD Sherman and the V-1!

The Latest from the Blogger of Normandie Posted on [03/03/2015] à 18:54

Quote from miah999 on [02/03/2015] à 18:13

Quote from tycoon on [02/03/2015] à 18:09

Oh, and I was just about to suggest stainless steel.:)

nothing beats the smell and feel of some good quality hardwood like chesnut, rosewood and some others… just the smel when cutting and sanding it .. and no, I do <NOT> have a wood, hardwood or any other fetish.

Metals are just so cold, and I daubt I can afford to get it powdercoated and baked 20 times over to get a detailed immage that will stay on

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10 11