Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Rulebook Issues.
[SoN] Rulebook errors. Posted on [09/10/2015] à 18:53

Please post all rules questions/concerns here, so they can be collected

End of Turn (Supply Phase, p. 9): First paragraph should read:

Discard as many cards as you wish and THEN draw as many cards as described in the chosen scenario (or more if some bonus permits).

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[SoN] Errata: Poisoned Blade Posted on [17/11/2015] à 19:08

Somehow the meaning of the entry got reversed.

A Poison Blade can only be used during an assault on infantry.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[SoN] Errata: Paralyse Spell Posted on [17/11/2015] à 19:18

SoN p.15, Paralyse spell: It has a 2 Suppress token penalty, just as the token indicates.

[SoN] Errata: Assaulting a unit with a Firing Arc Posted on [17/11/2015] à 19:33

SoN p. 7 Assault rules refers to "Assaulting a unit with a Firing Arc", but in fact there are no Firing Arc rules in the book. That paragraph was a left-over from porting the rules section from HoN.

[SoN] Errata: Structure and Demolition Posted on [17/11/2015] à 19:34

The Structure rules on p. 11 refer to Demolition rules on p.17 that should be the Destruction rules on that same page.

[SoN] Errata: Terrain and Terrain Overlays, p. 11 Posted on [20/11/2015] à 07:25

In the middle of the Obstacles section there are two pictures and some bold text. The two lines of text should be read together (and in reference to the second picture):

If the element is situated between two spaces, this penalty does not apply to units in the spaces adjacent to either side of the element.

It is referring to an element such as the bridge wall shown in that second picture.

[SoN] Clarification: Rulebook errors. Posted on [14/12/2015] à 18:32

Swamps

While a unit is within the borders of a Swamp terrain, it receives and retains one Suppressed Marker regardless of how many square of Swamp it traverses. Once the unit has left the Swamp terrain, that marker can be removed as normal during the Supply Phase.

Although illustrated with a picture, there is an additional rule regarding Swamps: The movement penalty from the Suppressive nature of swamps takes effect immediately.

[SoN] Rulebook errors. Posted on [23/12/2015] à 18:21

After playing the chapters 1 to 4 of the campaign:

Spells:

1.- Blessing of Hydra: rulebook: "[…]Once cast, place the corresponding marker on a unit situated up to 3 spaces from the spellcaster[…]" token: shows in the picture clearly a number 5. I don't know which one is wrong, if the token is wrong then is an errata to be corrected through a punchboard.

2.- Drowing: rulebook: "Once cast, place the corresponding marker on an infantry unit situated up to 3 spaces from the spellcaster[…]" token: again it shows a number 5 on it. Errata or mistake on the rules?

More on this spell: "the targeted unit immediately receives a Supressed marker and suffers an attack with a +2 bonus" here the token show a +1. Also on the rulebook the picture show a +1. Errata on the rulebook or in the token?

"During the Supply Phase, when the unit must move, return the marker. The unit then suffers a second attack, with a +1 bonus". Here on the back side of the token appear un +0. Also on the rulebook the picture is with a +0. We should follow the token or the printed rules?

Items:

1.- Poisoned Blade: The errata on the rules is already on this topic, related to the use of it on infantry.

[Scenario stuff moved here]

I can't remember any more now.

[SoN] Rulebook errors. Posted on [24/12/2015] à 16:01

… time to release an updated PDF version of the rulebook don't you think??? 🙄

:mrgreen:

(…and the OFFICIAL ENGLISH one too…)

[SoN] Rulebook errors. Posted on [26/12/2015] à 00:40

Yes I do, I'm feeling too much mistakes and rushes on the releasing of the product. Not a good beta testing and review of the rules, tiles and units have been done.

When the errata punchboard is going to be released? or punchboards.

[SoN] Rulebook errors. Posted on [30/01/2016] à 21:53

Quote from Hijodecain on [26/12/2015] à 00:40

Did I miss something? I do not remember there being any discussion regarding an errata punchboard for SoN. Did they say they will do one or are you just expressing a hope?

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

[SoN] Rulebook errors. Posted on [30/01/2016] à 22:54

I'm feeling too much mistakes and rushes on the releasing of the product. Not a good beta testing and review of the rules, tiles and units have been done.

Production was delayed due to Clem's accident, and the scheduled was indeed quite compressed as a result. This is a no-win situation for DPG. Some will complain if the rules are delayed and others will complain if the rules have errors.

I must admit to a bit of confusion as I have not seen a lot of need of "punchboards" at this point, or even a single board for that matter.

[SoN] Clarification: Madness tokens Posted on [30/01/2016] à 23:05

When you discard a Madness token, return it to the bag.

[SoN] Rulebook Issues. Posted on [31/01/2016] à 00:28

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [30/01/2016] à 22:54

I must admit to a bit of confusion as I have not seen a lot of need of "punchboards" at this point, or even a single board for that matter.

I didn't either. That is why I was confused by his post and asked if I had missed something.

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

[SoN] Rulebook Issues. Posted on [07/03/2016] à 22:31

Quote from Hijodecain on [23/12/2015] à 18:21

Spells:

1.- Blessing of Hydra: rulebook: "[…]Once cast, place the corresponding marker on a unit situated up to 3 spaces from the spellcaster[…]" token: shows in the picture clearly a number 5. I don't know which one is wrong, if the token is wrong then is an errata to be corrected through a punchboard.

2.- Drowing: rulebook: "Once cast, place the corresponding marker on an infantry unit situated up to 3 spaces from the spellcaster[…]" token: again it shows a number 5 on it. Errata or mistake on the rules?

More on this spell: "the targeted unit immediately receives a Supressed marker and suffers an attack with a +2 bonus" here the token show a +1. Also on the rulebook the picture show a +1. Errata on the rulebook or in the token?

"During the Supply Phase, when the unit must move, return the marker. The unit then suffers a second attack, with a +1 bonus". Here on the back side of the token appear un +0. Also on the rulebook the picture is with a +0. We should follow the token or the printed rules?

Can we see some clarification on these questions? Ran into the exact same problems.

Rulebook Issues. Posted on [13/05/2017] à 13:25

Quote from Wiedewiet on [07/03/2016] à 22:31

Spells:

Can we see some clarification on these questions? Ran into the exact same problems.

I would also like clarification… (also would like to say that i am exceptionally disappointed in the amount of errors in this game.)

Rulebook Issues. Posted on [13/05/2017] à 21:08

Quote from Rudiger on [13/05/2017] à 13:25

(also would like to say that i am exceptionally disappointed in the amount of errors in this game.)

As compared to what other 1st printing rulebook?

Judging from what I have seen on BoardGameGeek, almost no game's first printing makes it out without errors.

Rulebook Issues. Posted on [13/05/2017] à 21:47

For issue #2, the updated SoN rules in the compendium match the token, so the range is 5, The bonus is +1, and the second effect is at +0 bonus.

Issue #1 remains the same, the description says range of 3, what is pictured in the rules is really irrelevant… what does the TOKEN say? My Shadows stuff is not easily reachable atm, so I cannot check it. I will admit that the pictured token in the Compendium also shows a range of 5, so it looks like whatever the error was, it remains in the Compendium as well. So much for feedback from a bunch of users and 2 different editors 🙂

Sense Life and Bless Blade are the only two spells that got an errata included in SoN Errata #1. So I would say whatever is on the token for Blessing of Hydra would be the way to go, but I will ask DPG.

Rulebook Issues. Posted on [14/05/2017] à 05:59

Thanks again. Token for Blessing of Hydra has range 5 printed on it.

Pages: 1