Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
[Lost Bat.] Chapter 1 - First mission
Chapter 1 - First mission Posted on [15/11/2015] à 13:14

The scouts/Scouts squad recruitment tiles for both sides have the scout 6 ability. the rules cancel the Recon Squads ability, is this an oversight or can they still be placed up to 6 spaces outside of set up areas.

1. Cancel for both sides

2. Cancel for deep Ones

3. Cancel for Majestic

Chapter 1 - First mission Posted on [15/11/2015] à 14:14

The campaign is written assuming you have never played Heroes System Tactical Scale before. The first couple of missions are more "introductory" so they limit your options to get you used to the game. DPG did the same thing with Heroes of Normandie. Given that, I would say Scout ability is not available.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Chapter 1 - First mission Posted on [15/11/2015] à 15:59

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [15/11/2015] à 14:14

The campaign is written assuming you have never played Heroes System Tactical Scale before. The first couple of missions are more "introductory" so they limit your options to get you used to the game. DPG did the same thing with Heroes of Normandie. Given that, I would say Scout ability is not available.

thnks – shame the rules weren't proof read that way 😉 See my new posts.

Chapter 1 - First mission Posted on [15/11/2015] à 17:07

French version : "the majestic player cannot use the scout ability of his recon teams"

And I don't see any Deep Ones unit with the scout ability…

Chapter 1 - First mission Posted on [16/11/2015] à 09:09

Quote from kov on [15/11/2015] à 17:07

French version : "the majestic player cannot use the scout ability of his recon teams"

Which I posted in my OP

Quote from kov on [15/11/2015] à 17:07

And I don't see any Deep Ones unit with the scout ability…

If you look at the Recruitment options (the ones with 50 and 60 on) Both the Scout Squad and the Deep Ones Scouts have the Recon 6 special ability.

Any such Squad/Character tile abilities are added to their own abilities.

I think you may have missed those in your games.

Chapter 1 - First mission Posted on [16/11/2015] à 10:50

Citation de starman Le [16/11/2015] à 09:09

If you look at the Recruitment options (the ones with 50 and 60 on) Both the Scout Squad and the Deep Ones Scouts have the Recon 6 special ability.

Any such Squad/Character tile abilities are added to their own abilities.

I think you may have missed those in your games.

Oops I didn't see that. Deep Ones still won :mrgreen:

Anyway I don't see the problem. The scenario specifically says that the Majestic player can't use Scout. It means that the Deep Ones player can.

It makes sense as it's an ambush-style scenario.

Chapter 1 - First mission Posted on [16/11/2015] à 17:35

Quote from kov on [16/11/2015] à 10:50

Anyway I don't see the problem. The scenario specifically says that the Majestic player can't use Scout. It means that the Deep Ones player can.

It makes sense as it's an ambush-style scenario.

Very good point! I don't have my set yet, so I didn't have a reference to check.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Chapter 1 - First mission Posted on [30/11/2015] à 20:17

Indeed. Midway through our first game we realised that the scenario as written, allows the Deep Ones to use their Ambush ability and so start the game concealed.

Icit, on fonction dans les deux langues officielles…

Pages: 1