Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE
OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [12/12/2015] à 13:27

Has anyone else had problems with the punch boards in pegasus bridge expansion?There are a lot of images offset. It makes them hard to use in game and dont look nice.

You have a very high quality in all your products but in this… :(.

I´ve sent an email in the contact section of the devil-pig web but don´t know if it´s the best way.

What could i do? I was wondering if I could get those tiles/sheets replaced?. I´m from Spain.

A mix of the punch boards and the tiles.

Here some examples in bigger pics.

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [12/12/2015] à 16:48

You have posted on the weekend and in the middle of the last few days of a Kickstarter. DPG is a small company so it may take a few days to get a response.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [12/12/2015] à 18:01

No problem, I understand, I´m a backer of the kickstarter, I can wait 😀

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [13/12/2015] à 03:36

I have had the same trouble….Axel have replaced my punch…just take a shoot of each punch for him and send pics with a PM…with your name and address…

😉

“Il ne sert à rien de faire de son mieux; la réussite c’est faire ce qui est nécessaire”. W.Churchill http://lesvieuxdelavieille.org ou http://www.facebook.com/jeanluc.bernard.50

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [13/12/2015] à 17:25

Oh, great, thx!!!.

The email of Axel?. 😀

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [13/12/2015] à 18:21

Here you go

Axel's Email

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [14/12/2015] à 01:34

Ok thx!.

I´ve sent an email, let´s see the answer 😀

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [14/12/2015] à 02:35

I don't mind a little offset. That happens in production lines, but some fo those are real bad. They should have failed the QC at the production level long before they made it into one of DPGs games.

I am sure they will help you.

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [14/12/2015] à 12:01

I just picked up my copy this past Saturday and after seeing this post today went and looked closely. My copy is also misaligned, though not to the extent of this copy. The problem is, it is just a few counters on the board. Some of the other counters, on the same board, are aligned fine. So it is either an issue with the die punch or the art work was tweaked after the punches were finished.

Though these counters will look bad they are still functional. Being it isn't a alignment issue but a equipment issue I don't see getting another punch board fixing the problem. the dies are misaligned.

Maybe you can get a better copy but I don't know how much better it will be. Keep us informed on their answer.

JimP

“Those who do not remember the past… …are condemned to repeat it.” -Santayana-

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [14/12/2015] à 21:03

Axel send me an email today:

"Hello Sergio,

I will disappoint you, but we cannot change that because a big part of the production is like this. We had a little number of spare parts and I could do the after-selling service, but now, I opened more than 20 Pegasus Bridge and I have the same issue everywhere. So, I cannot do anything 🙁

Best regards,

Axel KOSZO

Community Manager

axel@devil-pig-games.com

http://www.devil-pig-games.com"

What do you think about?.

I will be solved in a new reprint?.I don´t need all the punch boards, only replacement for the wrong tiles. The bad thing is that there are A LOT wrong.

Don´t know what to do 🙁

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [14/12/2015] à 22:33

Quote from mahouman on [14/12/2015] à 21:03 What do you think about?.

I think that if I were the print buyer here, I would go back to the vendor and require them to reprint and stamp a set number based on a ratio found in the opened boxes. Then I would make those reprinted boards available to people who send back their original boards for a trade in. I would also ask the vendor to pick up some of the shipping of the boards as they created the error in the first place.

But then I always have a written agreement with my vendors that I can enforce. And my agreements always have language regarding the protection of my companies reputation. I wonder what kind of agreement DGP had in place with their vendor?

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [14/12/2015] à 23:25

I don't know what options they have, or how enforceable they are in China.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [15/12/2015] à 03:18

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [14/12/2015] à 23:25

I don't know what options they have, or how enforceable they are in China.

If they have an agreement in place with the proper chop and filed with the correct Chinese authorities, it would be quite enforceable. But I do not know what they have or have not done. 😀

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [15/12/2015] à 11:02

Do you think that with a new reprint (or when a new reprint was done) the problem could be solved?.

Because I understand that the problem is there aren´t enough GOOD replacement tiles to send to all the customers, I think.

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [15/12/2015] à 11:54

Quote from mahouman on [15/12/2015] à 11:02

Do you think that with a new reprint (or when a new reprint was done) the problem could be solved?.

A reprint would have to have the artwork and the dies re-registered to prevent this from happening again. Being that there are many games with this problem just reprinting them would most likely give the same results. If the die was not fitted in the press correctly then it could be an easy fix. In that case it falls TOTALLY on the manufacture for the mistake.

dafrca is absolutely correct that this ultimately falls on the manufacture as it is obvious that there was NO quality control here.

It will be interesting to see how this works out. The biggest issue here is the recruitment tiles with two color options spots. If you can't discern the two color options then they are useless. The solution here would be to leave the recruitment tile plugs in place so you can see the two color options.

Basically the game pieces are playable, maybe not as intended, but aesthetically it's a bust.

It would be nice if Devil Pig can work out a fix for this with the manufacture. I was so looking forward to Pegasus Bridge expansion, It was the first module I purchased, but now this has tainted the whole experience. I get over it once I start playing it.

Jim P

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [15/12/2015] à 16:56

Hello,

I will try to explain the situation about that as better as I can with my not-fluent english.

After we sent this to the manufacture, we received eproof, our die lines were good. The first final product were good. So, we accepted to make the print run.

The first opened packages were good too and the spare parts too. The problem began after. At this point, we began to send punchboards for after-selling service and we were cool, even with not-so problematic punchboards.

But, some weeks ago, we finished our stock of spare parts, and the problem will be bigger and bigger. So, I began to refuse some after-selling service, as for Mahouman and try to explain (maybe too summarized) why we cannot.

You have the right to ask us " What will you do?" We are searching a way to help you without injuring Devil Pig Games. We are talking with the manufacturer, but, so far, no fair solution has been already found.

You know us, we will do all we can to find this solution.

En recherche de stage maquettiste

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [15/12/2015] à 19:24

Axel;

I hope you can deal with this through the manufacturer. In most cased, even though you accepted the samples, if later a large number are found to be defective they should still work with you to resolve the issue. I hope they do. I know this is not your fault, I have worked in the printing world for many years, so I do understand how you were let down by your manufacturer.

I do want to share though, this issue and the lack of a replacement has made me reluctant to buy more until I know the issue is resolved. Knowing there is a large number of defective ones out there is bad enough, but knowing I would not be able to obtain good product just makes it worse.

Just one opinion.

dafrca

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [15/12/2015] à 21:09

I understand that is not devil pig games fault, they have done a fantastic product/game/expansions and all of us are very happy with them. The printers are the ones that must give a solution to dpg.

And knowing this problem, I think that devil pig games have to stop sellig those expansions until the problem was solved.

As dafrca said, this will be a problem for future buyers to know that there is a problem with this expansion.

As a backer of the new kickstarter I can wait until devil pig games has a solution, I have a lot of patience 😀

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [16/12/2015] à 11:47

Quote from Axel on [15/12/2015] à 16:56

Hello,

I will try to explain the situation about that as better as I can with my not-fluent english.

Thank you Axel for the clarification and update. Please don't apologize about your English, it is 10,000% times better than my non-existent French.

I hope my past post were not taken as a criticism of Devil Pig, as I feel the manufacture is to blame here. I'm sure you received sealed boxes and I know there is no way for Devil Pig to logistically check everyone.

I scrutinized my copy last night an even though it is miss-aligned my copy is very playable. Truthfully only about 9-12 of the optional recruitment pieces are real off, all on one board, but not to the point of being unusable. Every other pieces is fairly good. My recruitment tiles are all in good shape.

I am very new to owning this game, though I watched it from it's release to KS, and am really excited to play this game with my older boy in a few weeks. Though I may be apprehensive in the future this will by no means stop me from getting more expansions.

You and Clem have put together a visually stunning game and in my few solo games it plays out very nice. I learned that a US half track can be a devastating weapon.

Keep up the good work and put pressure on this manufacture so you don't have this issue in future releases.

Jim P 😎

OFFSET IMAGES IN PEGASUS BRIDGE Posted on [16/12/2015] à 19:27

I'm sure there are many players (like me) who would like to buy into this game (I've purchased the core box 2nd printing), but until the constant errors and printing problems (of which there are many) are resolved, we ( or I) will just have to wait. Games including shipping (not to mention the low value of the Canadian dollar)are very expensive, and if I buy something I don't want it to be a regretful decision (this applies to anything you buy including computer programs full of bugs…, not just games). The printing company as far as I'm concerned is to blame for the poor quality they have provided and that is regretful to say the least as I know it hurts sales.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7