Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
To those Killed in Action
To those those Killed in Action Posted on [11/02/2016] à 18:12

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. Before coming to HoN I did a great deal of reading into many battles and personal memoirs of soldiers killed in action and more specifically about my Great-Grandfather Henry Nichols who was killed in action on 11th March 1917 during the 1st world war.

In 2014 I went to visit my Great-Grandfather who lies in one of the many cemeteries on the Somme. To give a little bit of background info Henry was a Cornet player (rather like a Trumpet) and played in the Coventry Salvation Army Band. I was to follow in his exact footsteps except moving to an instrument called the Euphonium.

To cut a long story short those beautifully kept cemeteries had a it effect on me that I commissioned a piece of music after finishing my degree that is based around the Soldiers who now like in these gardens of peace.

I wanted to share this with all you guys so hope you all will not mind. I hope this can be a forum starter for us all to discuss our personal stories that are connected to the world wars.

Here is a link for those who would like to hear and read a little more- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4JkYoiGM4

To those those Killed in Action Posted on [11/02/2016] à 23:06

Very nice. I take it that it is you playing in the video?

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

To those those Killed in Action Posted on [12/02/2016] à 09:09

That is me I'm afraid. Probably sounds really strange 😉

To those those Killed in Action Posted on [12/02/2016] à 17:57

Quote from Newbie1994 on [12/02/2016] à 09:09

That is me I'm afraid. Probably sounds really strange 😉

I didn't think it sounded strange at all. I think it felt and sounded nice. Well done.

I think it is good for people to express their thoughts and emotions through art and music.

To those those Killed in Action Posted on [12/02/2016] à 18:31

I think music can explain things that words can't in someways. I wondered if HoN was music what it would sound like 😉

To those those Killed in Action Posted on [13/02/2016] à 05:32

Quote from Newbie1994 on [12/02/2016] à 18:31

I wondered if HoN was music what it would sound like 😉

I realize this video is WWIII but ignore the visual and just listen to the music. It makes me feel like a lot of dangerous stuff is going on. So it fits for me.

To those those Killed in Action Posted on [13/02/2016] à 12:20

This video is so cool. I did my degree in music and took a great interest certain periods of music. I like Jimi Hendrix Star Spangled Banner at Woodstock. Its crazy how much creates an effect.

To those those Killed in Action Posted on [13/02/2016] à 12:34

That is awesome!

To those those Killed in Action Posted on [19/02/2016] à 19:23

Wow thanks Clem.

To those those Killed in Action Posted on [20/02/2016] à 23:23

Really beautiful Newbie!

That's the best tribute you can offer… congrats!

http://nacidoparacuriosear.blogspot.com/

To those those Killed in Action Posted on [21/02/2016] à 11:38

Thank you ! It received its 2nd performance yesterday evening. But I think it is something that everyone in someway can relate to.

To those Killed in Action Posted on [15/07/2020] à 22:06

I think it is good for people to express their thoughts and emotions through art and music.

Pages: 1