Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
After Sales Service
After Sales Service Posted on [07/10/2016] à 13:30

I'm having some issues with the core box I received, so I contacted Devil Pig through the “after sales” contact form almost two weeks ago, but I haven't received any answer yet, is this normal?

After Sales Service Posted on [07/10/2016] à 20:51

There have been a few folks that have expressed trouble with the contact link. I am not sure it works correctly.

Try contacting Axel here in the forums (pull up a post of his and send him a PM) or just email axel @ this web site and ask him there.

If I am recalling correctly, you have a 1.0 version of the rules which means you got a first printing box. You can find a printable version of errata for some incorrect tokens here in the downloads section, or you can try and get hold of the errata boards. Most of the misprinted units are only cosmetic, but there are a couple of items to look for. Check the Unofficial Product Index for information on errata.

If you can find a copy of Gazette #0 for sale, you can get the Errata boards that way. Beyond that they may be available from the DPG store, but shipping could be painful. As I said, you can print the errata — so print them on a whole page label sheet and then stick them to the tokens to fix them.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

After Sales Service Posted on [08/10/2016] à 03:16

I have a Devil Pig box with the British emblem printed in the upper right hand corner of the box, the Lot# number ends with 14, and most of the mistakes you mentioned in the “(unofficial) product index” topic for the first print are corrected indeed, so I think I have a second print box…

I did notice though that none of the sandbag emplacements show the “impassable for light vehicles” icon you mention as being fixed.

And I don't seem to be able to find those Kowalski and Sgt.Brady characters you mention (?)

I'm currently playing the "War, it's a mess!" scenario, btw, and just noticed that I seem to be a German Fire group and a MG-42 unit short (?)

The main issue I'm having with my box is that two of the wooden US order counters are misprinted on their “visible” side, making them clearly recognisable, and thus unusable.

And when I started punching out more units later on I noticed a number of them aren't cut out where they should have been cut out.

After Sales Service Posted on [10/10/2016] à 21:27

Quote from Frans on [08/10/2016] à 03:16

I have a Devil Pig box with the British emblem printed in the upper right hand corner of the box, the Lot# number ends with 14, and most of the mistakes you mentioned in the “(unofficial) product index” topic for the first print are corrected indeed, so I think I have a second print box…

Oops. I must have confused yours with another post!

Check the inside cover of the rulebook, near the copyright notice at the bottom of the page. You should see "Version 1.2b" somewhere in there.

I did notice though that none of the sandbag emplacements show the “impassable for light vehicles” icon you mention as being fixed.

And I don't seem to be able to find those Kowalski and Sgt.Brady characters you mention (?)

I'm currently playing the "War, it's a mess!" scenario, btw, and just noticed that I seem to be a German Fire group and a MG-42 unit short (?)

Brady and Kowalski are part of the US Army box, not the core box. Sorry for the confusion. The entries have now been fixed.

I will have to check with DPG about the emplacements, as I don't have a 2nd edition boxed set and all requests for confirmation of fixes have gone unanswered since its release in 2014. So you are saying all the emplacements have had the "impassible to Light Vehicles" icon removed?

When you say "missing" you mean that you tried to gear the units as shown in the scenario but could not find those tokens? You checked all the German tokens?

I ask because there is not a full count of units to match all the recruitment options. This is because the unit has 3 large (square) recruitment options available, but only two large spaces on the Recruitment tile. So it is impossible to take all the large options. That means you don't need unit tokens to match every one pictures on a recruitment tile, just enough to match any possible combination of two recruitment options.

(I had mentioned that in the top post, but foolishly left it in the "notes" section after relabeling that as "Notes for 1st Edition Owners". I have moved it out of that area, so thanks for making me realize my error.)

If you really are missing some units, when you opened your set did you notice any tokens missing from punchboards? If not, then all the units for that Platoon are on the sheet so you should have them in your set somewhere.

The main issue I'm having with my box is that two of the wooden US order counters are misprinted on their “visible” side, making them clearly recognisable, and thus unusable.

And when I started punching out more units later on I noticed a number of them aren't cut out where they should have been cut out.

Make sure you include that stuff in your email to Axel. I will alert him about these issues so he will be on the lookout for your email.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

After Sales Service Posted on [10/10/2016] à 23:28

Yep, version 1.2b is printed on the inside of the rulebook.

I checked the sandbag emplacement tiles a second time and the impassable for light vehicles symbol is on them, I missed them the first time I checked, probably because the shields are rather dark, my mistake 😳

Regarding the missing tokens; the "War, it's a mess!" scenario instructs you to draw six recruitment tiles at random (unseen) for each side.

This then means that you can draw ALL the German infantry recruitment tokens.

And I checked the images of the punchboards on the website, but, like you say, the punchboards simply don't provide enough counters to fill out all the available infantry recruitment tile options.

If this is how it's supposed to be then the mistake is in the scenario really.

I PM-ed Axel, but I didn't get a reply yet.

I also got this stack of HoN expansions still to check, all second printings (I hope), so I'll compare those with your mistakes list and report anything to you that's still amiss.

(D-Day, Saint Mère Eglise, Carentan, River Set, GE 21EME PZ, Wittman's Tigers, Extra Units US&GE.)

And something else, as you know I started a topic on opportunity fire about a week ago, but it's now gone (?)

Happy gaming 😉

After Sales Service Posted on [11/10/2016] à 07:02

Quote from Frans on [10/10/2016] à 23:28

I checked the sandbag emplacement tiles a second time and the impassable for light vehicles symbol is on them, I missed them the first time I checked, probably because the shields are rather dark, my mistake 😳

Glad that was cleared up, and your emplacements are ready for use 🙂

Regarding the missing tokens; the "War, it's a mess!" scenario instructs you to draw six recruitment tiles at random (unseen) for each side.

And I checked the images of the punchboards on the website, but, like you say, the punchboards simply don't provide enough counters to fill out all the available infantry recruitment tile options.

Yes. This is the first I have heard of it… but others may have run into the issue and decided to punt, either drawing again or maybe making substitutions. I will have to pass that one along 🙂

I also got this stack of HoN expansions still to check, all second printings (I hope), so I'll compare those with your mistakes list and report anything to you that's still amiss.

(D-Day, Saint Mère Eglise, Carentan, River Set, GE 21EME PZ, Wittman's Tigers, Extra Units US&GE.)

Please do. Let me know if I missed any.

Oh, and Ste Mere and Carentan are only 1st printing, but they came out after the revised core box. The rest could be either first or second printing.

And something else, as you know I started a topic on opportunity fire about a week ago, but it's now gone (?)

Thanks again for pointing that out. We have been hit with a lot of spam and the webmaster has been trying to put in a mechanism to hide spam from the users (so that the spammers are not bothering the forum members). As such, any to-be-moderated posts get quarantined. Unfortunately that appears to have temporarily taken the rest of the thread with it when the spam was a reply.

I will pass that on as well, and it should be fixed. If you ever want to track down a thread like that again, you can click on your own name and that gives you access to all your posts. From there you can find a wayward thread. It should re-appear as soon as a moderator has a chance to kill the spam. But we are getting around 70 to 100 posts a day so it is hard for a couple of volunteers to keep up with. Sorry for any inconvenience.

After Sales Service Posted on [11/10/2016] à 13:04

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [11/10/2016] à 07:02

Quote from Frans on [10/10/2016] à 23:28

Yes. This is the first I have heard of it… but others may have run into the issue and decided to punt, either drawing again or maybe making substitutions. I will have to pass that one along 🙂

Next time I'm going to remove the recruitment tokens that can't be fielded before drawing the random recruitment tokens, that's what everyone else does too probably, but this is something better corrected in the scenario's instructions.

I have another question for you, it concerns the terrain boards.

I noted that the symbols on the borders of terrain that ends movement (the blue arrow with the “x” in it) are flipped in a number of cases.

So it looks as if exiting the terrain ends movement, instead of entering it.

Is this intentional, or a mistake ?

After Sales Service Posted on [13/10/2016] à 12:13

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I am extremely busy these last few weeks, very hard to have a good quality of after sales service.

About your tokens, I will probably do it next week or in two weeks, because currently I am at the Internationale Spieltage of Essen (the biggest game event in the world).

We are aware of this, and a long time ago, we answered that you can change the recruitment option (maximum 2 with the same color bands), you may find it in the forum depths, but it's not sure.

I have another question for you, it concerns the terrain boards.

I noted that the symbols on the borders of terrain that ends movement (the blue arrow with the “x” in it) are flipped in a number of cases.

So it looks as if exiting the terrain ends movement, instead of entering it.

Is this intentional, or a mistake ?

I gave the answer in your other post, but I prefer to give the information on both sides. The arrow can point in any direction, the direction of the arrow doesn't matter.

En recherche de stage maquettiste

Pages: 1