Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3
The Pigs speak of the Pigs (Future of HoN)
The Pig speak to the Pig Posted on [01/12/2016] à 19:03

Thanks for clarifying; I can see how that went side ways. That and and the underwear question seemed very odd to me.

In my defense I can only echo my initial disclaimer "This is likely only marginally accurate."

All in all I was happy with the candidate response they gave.

The Pig speak to the Pig Posted on [01/12/2016] à 22:59

If I have the time (and the chances are low), i will try to make a small resume, but we will make an english video, so, depending when we will make it, maybe the resume will be useless.

Community Manager Devil Pig Games

The Pig speak to the Pig Posted on [02/12/2016] à 16:03

Or subtitles for the French version? :mrgreen:

The Pig speak to the Pig Posted on [02/12/2016] à 16:34

Subtitles would be awesome!

The Pig speak to the Pig Posted on [02/12/2016] à 20:49

Thanks for the translation Dusty27

Derf

The Pig speak to the Pig Posted on [09/12/2016] à 16:36

I thought I would complement the rather good summary given above.

I will paraphrase of course and try not to repeat too much what was already reported. Topics not necessarily given in the exact order (I regrouped the comments about product lines for the future for instance).

I added some personal comments between [ ].

Q: What is coming next to the shops?

A: In Feb what will be soon in pre-ordering online from S. Resupply (more or less) will hit the shops [already is online now].

In March/April the SoN part (Cultists faction etc)

Q: Is Alex only one man for all the illustration work?

A: Yes [you can see him appearing on the right side – but they later on explain there are 2 people working on graphisms (Olivier is the second one, the bald guy on the left at the end)].

Q: What are the games you want to develop for the future? What are your dreams? A: World domination, through all eras… That is the dream.

As they are 6 in the team, the reality is that:

– Age of Towers will KS in Jan 2017 – they already developed the mechanics and graphic base 2 years ago

– Eastern Front is Coming next for HoN (Heroes of Stalingrad KS planned around the end of 17)

The reference book shown is Alex's. [Meaning Alex is probably working on illustrations for HoS at the moment]

– Some SoN extensions/additions are coming too.

They do have an interest in all eras and places of conflict, but games/extensions will come one by one.

To a later similar question, they added that, when done with the Eastern Front, Heroes System should move next to the Pacific. Yann confirmed their high interest for developing Heroes of the Desert too.

Q: Do you have an interest for more contemporary of later period conflicts (long list of examples given)?

A: Definitely yes, particularly the Nam, on which they worked in the past [I understand before the DPG adventure] and developed a cool gaming mechanic…

Q: Can you comment on the delivery delays?

A: at the moment:

– Strategic Resupply is delayed about 1-2 months [incl. Desert Wrath with a delay that all painfully remember]

– Kharnage is delayed 2 months

– HoN Card Game is on tracks

– Gazettes are seeing good progress lately

They insisted upon 3 factors explaining delay:

– the KS campaigns ended up much bigger than anticipated, with many goals and add-ons not necessarily well factored in initial project

– they want top quality, which includes game mechanics and scenarii (they test a lot each component/rule/scenario), graphism (they want the highest quality) and Desert Wrath is the good example for this, as they want a perfect product [aggravating factor when combined to the first given]

– external events impacting the small team (they mentioned Car Accident and Terrorist Attacks [which are know here to have personally plagued Clem and his wife]).[typical risk with KS pushed by small team of people]

Q: Will you meet your fans in Strasbourg area soon?

A: as a container is arriving there in December and they have to be on site, they will take the opportunity to meet with fans in Philibert's premises. Philibert is their distributor [for France and Europe I guess – it is also an online+brick and mortar games shop].

Q: Will the Rules Compendium be the "2017" compendium and see future updates?

A: The Compendium will integrate upcoming supplements [I understand it as "from Strategic Resupply"]. Future rules from future extensions you will be able to integrate as it will have room for separate flyers/annex. It should last for long that way.

Q: Can I extend my Gazette subscription to include #8?

A: No, and we will not offer subscriptions anymore. But the Gazettes will continue to be issued [I guess officially allowing for more flexible time scale ;-)] one by one to be purchased and probably pre-ordered too (with mechanic to be presented later on).

Next topic of the Gazette for #8 is the Vercors. Involving French Resistance and a bunch of nasty SS. Associated with a full campaign.

Q: Will you have another Scenarii contest, involving all extensions of HoN?

A: Yes, and also featuring multiplayer scenarii.

Q: Will you redesign the website, particularly the Downloads section?

A: Yes, it is being prepared [they show the Board where they have the draft of website architecture: 2 strange boxes below the usual games we know and the one hidden during editing: Braco and Boobsters. No clue if this is fake, typos or not game lines].

Q: How many are you in the team?

A: 6 permanent employees [full time as explained above]. Including 2 illustrators [Axel and I assume Olivier] and 3 people working on Game design and test [I think Axel, also the Community Mgr, is probably the third one after Yann and Clem – as Sandy is not mentioned as being part of the game development teams, I assume she is handling all the back-office business/admnistrative stuff].

They also have 2 external people providing scenarii, and a nice group of scenarii testers meeting every thursday.

They ended saying they will do an English version [apparently this one turned out not good enough], that they would like to repeat that exercise in the future, and should invite people to ask the questions in front of the camera [more as a joke, but you never know]. [for those who plan to visit Paris, their door is open, and they are quite welcoming as you can imagine from the video and the rest].

"Et voilà" as we say in French. Pardon my english, I tried to convey the essence of it and I do hope I did not get you to cry from pain reading my prose.

The Pig speak to the Pig Posted on [10/12/2016] à 00:09

Thank you very much!

I think you did a great job with translation, but then again I have been reading DPG rulebooks for years 😉

Remember: Tracer rounds work both ways!

The Pig speak to the Pig Posted on [10/12/2016] à 00:37

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [10/12/2016] à 00:09

I think you did a great job with translation, but then again I have been reading DPG rulebooks for years 😉

:mrgreen:

I expect Axel to correct any wrong statement from my part of course …

The Pig speak to the Pig Posted on [20/12/2016] à 19:01

I hope we will one day see Audie Murphy in the game, probably the best known American hero of the war, who went on the star as himself in To Hell and Back. Or has he already been included and I just haven't seen him yet?

The Pig speak to the Pig (Roadmap) Posted on [12/04/2017] à 19:04

Link to the old sticky thread about future DPG products here.

The Pig speak to the Pig (Future of HoN?) Posted on [12/04/2017] à 23:30

I'd like to know when we could expect to see Frontiers redone with new square units and updated rules.

The Pigs speak of the Pigs (Future of HoN) Posted on [14/04/2017] à 15:58

I would still love to see a "secure installation" terrain set with things like guard towers, barbed wire fences, check-point gate houses, etc. Maybe a garage for a motor pool and a fuel dump or munitions dump for commando raiding 🙂

The Pigs speak of the Pigs (Future of HoN) Posted on [17/04/2017] à 11:07

Shipping. ah shipping. prices are insane for devil pig stuff to the US. I order a bit of stuff from Europe for my gaming and tabletop needs. Devil pig is by far the most expensive. Shipping can even be MORE than the product. Is there anyway we can get stuff supplied by iello for example? it is particularly hard if you are wanting to order an errata for example. you buy a game and then it costs 25-30 bucks to fix it. i have bough stuff from the iello store for games by other companies and the seem to be a great company for expansions promos etc. it would be great to see at least a small number of DPG exclusives, erratas, and promos supplied by them or other US distributor.

Thanks

The Pigs speak of the Pigs (Future of HoN) Posted on [17/04/2017] à 11:15

oOh one other thing. it would be great to be able to add products you own to your profile that you bought at a store to your profile. for the website redesign…

The Pigs speak of the Pigs (Future of HoN) Posted on [17/04/2017] à 14:29

Quote from DanielTobin on [17/04/2017] à 11:15

oOh one other thing. it would be great to be able to add products you own to your profile that you bought at a store to your profile. for the website redesign…

Just look the product up in the store and click on the red exclamation point. It will turn into a green check, and you have added it to your recorded collection.

The Pigs speak of the Pigs (Future of HoN) Posted on [19/04/2017] à 21:33

@ DanielTobin

I have seen HoN stuff in New York @ Compleat Strategist last time I was there (now more a year ago). They do not seem to offer any on website at the moment though…

The Pigs speak of the Pigs (Future of HoN) Posted on [25/05/2017] à 03:32

Dusty27: awesome job with the translation. At least it gives us a good idea of what is happening.

However, the just announced Black Reach game just rocked the far future, so they are getting that part done, just not the past! I imagine this will keep them quite busy for a while along with everything else. They really have their hands full, and I wish them well.

I love all things HoN — just wish I had more money and more shelves and could get more people to play it. I am introducing it to 2 new people this week!

The Pigs speak of the Pigs (Future of HoN) Posted on [26/05/2017] à 00:03

Yeah I am really excited. Black Reach should be amazing and seeing Heroes of Stalingrad kickstarter for christmas has me super excited.

I just really like the Heroes Tactical system. I am looking forward to the resupply wave 2 showing up at my door. I don't play any Shadows over Normandie so my lofty goal is to take all the faction content for HoN and fit them back in the faction boxes by means of foamcore inserts and tossing the original inserts. I think its possible but looks ambitious. In theory I like the DPG storage solution but there are alot of generic favorite upgrades that I don't want to dig for.

Tomorrow is my monthly game night and I look forward to a four player multiplayer match with close friends of Heroes of Normandie. Tigers, Panthers, M10's, Shermans, and Cromwells face off with a few field guns to make a hot mess of wrecks in a 3 x 3 town.

I am curious to see where the app is at with Slitherine. They launched then there was a load of delays getting content while they swapped game engines. Last month we seen an xbox one teaser but they don't interact much with their forum base. Hopefully all the builds are being brought up to the same standard. Kinda silly that if I want to play it on Xbox I have to pay full retail a third time and can't share my collection between the versions. Very strange.

The Pigs speak of the Pigs (Future of HoN) Posted on [13/06/2017] à 20:08

There was a post from Axel over on BGG. It was mainly speaking to Heroes of the Black Reach, but some of it is a general discussion on the update of DPG, so I figured I would bring it up here.

Kickstarter: the largely delayed Strategic Resupply will be begin to be dispatched between the end of this month and July! Age of Towers is on track for September. Heroes of Normandie the card game suffers a delay of 3 months because the authors wanted to improve some scenarios.

Quality Control: Since the first Heroes of Normandie kickstarter, we work very hard to improve it with the help of the community. There is no equivalence between what we did before and now. I don't say that we will achieve zero errors every time – we are not perfect – but we do our best to not do the same errors as in the past.

English translations: I want to go back to something really important. All our translations was made by translators from the game occupational sector OR by professional translator. So, when something is wrong in a language that is not ours, we cannot see it easily. That's why we search to improve the translations all the time. We have now a great english text editor in our contact.

The Pigs speak of the Pigs (Future of HoN) Posted on [10/07/2017] à 08:16

I was scouting out in the French forums and came across a discussion about an interview in TriTrac that was apparently done with DPG.

Apparently they are working on a new campaign for Nijmegen. It is a bit unclear if it was Thia74 wrote it as an individual or for DPG, but it sounds really cool. Anyone with a better understanding of French have more details?

Sadly, it is not a priority project atm, but I will be standing in line to pick one up when it is finally released 😉

Pages: 1 2 3