Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Movement in caves.
Movement in caves. posté le [13/05/2017] à 14:24

Caves often have pillars or rock on the corners of squares. can one move diagonally through these?

Movement in caves. posté le [13/05/2017] à 22:32

Quote from Rudiger on [13/05/2017] à 14:24

Caves often have pillars or rock on the corners of squares. can one move diagonally through these?

That is an excellent question. Given the rules for Vehicle movement I am inclined to say I would rule that it is allowable as long the pillar is not in the square the unit moves "lands on" during its move (each square of the unit's path). If the pillar is only on a square adjacent to a path square then it would not be counted.

However, there is nothing covering it in the rules.

There is some clarification in the compendium. In that, there is a movement diagram that shows a unit moving diagonally along a hedge (much as shown for vehicle movement). Since the area of a hedge normally causes a unit to stop its movement once entered, that would back up my inclination to say that any square not actually in the path of the movement does not count, so any pillar not directly "in the way" can be ignored.

The compendium definition of cave walls also clarifies that if a wall overlaps an intersection (interspace) of 4 squares, then you cannot target through the wall. Given that, I would say that if the cave wall overlaps the intersection, you cannot pass diagonally through that interspace either.

Hope that helps!

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages : 1