Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Armour save??
Armour save?? posté le [03/08/2017] à 10:41

Okay, how is this going to work?

Is it something specific to heroes to represent things like power fields?

In the normal game the armour effectively creates the 'save' by making the unit harder to hit in terms of the number that must be beaten on the combat roll, and looking at the units that mechanism is still there.

how is the armour save going to work?

Armour save?? posté le [03/08/2017] à 12:30

Not sure myself, so whatever I right is pure gueswork on my part:

Found this Image on Boardgame Geek https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3662368/warhammer-40000-heroes-black-reach

Based on this I would say, if your unit is hit and has the Amour Save ability, you Can discard a Card with the Armour Save Bonus Icon to qualify for a roll to beat a target number to survive the hit.

Not sure if I like an additional roll, but on the other Hand we do not know How many of the Cards in your deck even have that Icon.

Armour save?? posté le [03/08/2017] à 15:26

Since we don't have any rules text yet, hard to give you a definition.

It was discussed a bit in the preview thread, if that is any help.

It was also mentioned in the News section as part of the preview of the Orc Freebooterz.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Armour save?? posté le [03/08/2017] à 17:58

If your unit has an armour save and is hit, you can play an Action card with an alternate bonus "armour save" in order to roll a die. if the result is equal of higher than the unit's armour save value, the hit is cancelled.

It is really easy to play.

En recherche de stage maquettiste

Armour save?? posté le [04/08/2017] à 19:50

Quote from Axel on [03/08/2017] à 17:58

If your unit has an armour save and is hit, you can play an Action card with an alternate bonus "armour save" in order to roll a die. if the result is equal of higher than the unit's armour save value, the hit is cancelled.

okay so play as normal but IF the target has an Armour save icon AND You have the right card in your hand you can discard it to gain a roll to save?

Sounds simple enough. I assume this is effectively an icon that is only on 'special units'?

Armour save?? posté le [04/08/2017] à 19:53

Quote from Demonetrigan on [04/08/2017] à 19:50

Quote from Axel on [03/08/2017] à 17:58

okay so play as normal but IF the target has an Armour save icon AND You have the right card in your hand you can discard it to gain a roll to save?

Sounds simple enough. I assume this is effectively an icon that is only on 'special units'?

never mind 🙂 found it.

Armour save?? posté le [13/10/2018] à 18:04

So I was playing my first few games with forum member Eclo today and we had a little question about Armour Saves.

The Armour Save icon sits on the Recruitment Tile so units on that specific tile can do this save. But what about units that are added to the Tile with a Recruitment Option? Do these also get to do Armour Saves?

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

Armour save?? posté le [14/10/2018] à 05:24

Given:

* The rules that if a Recruitment Tile grants markers, they can only be used by the units pictured on the tile. (HoBR Rules, p. 23, paragraph just above the diagram on the right-hand side of the page).

* Likewise, if a Support Tile provides markers, those are only available to the units show on the Support Tile (HoBR Rules, p. 24, Support Tiles)

* Special Abilities related to recruitment slots can only be used by the units related to the option in the Slot. (Compendium, p. 5)

Therefore:

It seems a reasonable conclusion that the armor save can only be used by the units pictured on the Recruitment tile…

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Armour save?? posté le [14/10/2018] à 10:44

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [14/10/2018] à 05:24

It seems a reasonable conclusion that the armor save can only be used by the units pictured on the Recruitment tile…

It can be argued that units on "recruitment options" are also pictured on the recruitment or support tile.

Like the big shoota in this example.

PS: I doesn't make sense fluff-wise, but if you're not familiar with the 40K background the rules aren't crystal clear about the armour saves with regard to recruitment options.

Armour save?? posté le [14/10/2018] à 17:12

From Nostradunwhich on 10/14/18 at 5:26AM:

If an Armor Save is on the Recruitment Tile, does it only apply to the units pictured on the Recruitment Tile, or does it also apply to any units from Recruitment Options?

From Clem on 10/14/18 at 10:58AM:

Only the units from the recruitment tiles benefit from it.

Armour save?? posté le [14/10/2018] à 18:54

Thanks for checking, Bob!

Armour save?? posté le [15/10/2018] à 08:54

After sifting through the units some more, this rule is actually easy to remember!

Some support options, like the Thunderfire Cannon, have the Armour Save icon printed on the Recruitment Option itself. Makes perfect sense with Clem’s confirmation.

Armour save?? posté le [15/10/2018] à 09:49

Quote from Eclo on [14/10/2018] à 10:44

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [14/10/2018] à 05:24

It can be argued that units on "recruitment options" are also pictured on the recruitment or support tile.

No, it means exactly what was stated — the units pictured on the recruitment tile itself. Not a Recruitment Option, nor an attached Support Tile.

Armour save?? posté le [15/10/2018] à 11:14

From the pictured unit, it makes sense for the Boss Mob to have the save, but not the attached Big Shoota.

I think it's clear for which ones have the save and which ones don't if you know 40K background at all.

But even if you do not know 40K, it looks to be clear enough.

P.S. I want to be shifting through the units some more too! 😥 😉 😆

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Armour save?? posté le [15/10/2018] à 12:06

Quote from bartdevuyst on [15/10/2018] à 08:54

Some support options, like the Thunderfire Cannon, have the Armour Save icon printed on the Recruitment Option itself.

Ah, if we would have known that the question probably wouldn't have come up during play.

Armour save?? posté le [15/10/2018] à 19:24

For Customizations, like Iron Halo or 'eavy Armour, it is only available for the Character.

Armour save?? posté le [15/10/2018] à 19:26

I admit, it seems odd to me to put the save on the Recruitment tile of a unit and not the unit itself… It is not like you ever take the unit without the Recruitment tile, so it does not make a lot of sense. But it is covered in the rules (p. 20, Armour Save)

Pages : 1