Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches
Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [24/08/2017] à 16:26

SECURING THE BEACHES is a community campaign where you fight alongside other players across the world and play against your friends as part of a bigger setting.

The campaign takes place in the early days of the invasion where both sides fight to gain control of the area around the beaches. Will you help the Allies secure a foothold in France, or will you aid the Axis attempt to throw them back into the sea?

– No registration/sign-up required.

– Play when you choose.

– Awards!

Link: Campaign site

The campaign is open from today and continues until one of the two winning conditions are met.

Known issues: Sometimes the map overlay doesn't load properly, if that happens just reload the page.

Thanks a lot to Ubiq for helping make this possible.

If you have any questions or feedback don't hesitate to speak up.

Good luck, commanders!

/Mattias

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [24/08/2017] à 21:36

Hi everyone,

Very interesting campaign. I have few questions.

How can we know "Live" if the battle we want to do is available ?

Are we totally free to choose the battlefield ?

Thank for your answers

http://les-chauds-six-hon.e-monsite.com/

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [24/08/2017] à 22:04

Good question!

The map will update itself automatically after every battle report is finished.

So every time you look at the map it will show you the current situation.

If your side is attacking you can attack regions that are next to friendly territory. The only limitation is that the friendly territory you're attacking from must be connected to a friendly Entry Point. The Allies can for example not attack from [15] Ste. Mère-Église until it is connected to an Entry Point. But they can defend it any number of battles!

As an attacker you can always choose what type of mission you want to do.

There might already be a battle ongoing when you decide to play, but as long as you don't attack the same zone it will be fine. You can of course, but if your ally captures the zone in their battle your attack will be wasted. Recon/Ambush/Destruction can work since they don't affect Zone control.

I hope that answers your question!

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [25/08/2017] à 07:25

Hi all,

Thanks a lot.

My second question was abour the maps. Are we free to choose them ?

http://les-chauds-six-hon.e-monsite.com/

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [25/08/2017] à 09:20

Yes, the terrain tiles used for a battle is decided between the players.

If you have access to expansions such as the River Set, Ste. Mère-Église, Carentan, or others you are able to fully represent the location using bridges and towns. If you only have the base game you can still attack any Zone. Maybe the bridge being fought over is just outside of view? This way everyone has the chance to participate.

I will clarify this in the rules.

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [26/08/2017] à 10:17

Nice work Sierra! I will join this battle with my mens. 😉

Mulberry

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [26/08/2017] à 13:36

Awesome! What side will you play? I will play a battle later today, I think my Allied opponent has a plan to link up with the surrounded forces in Ste. Mère-Église 🙂

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [26/08/2017] à 18:24

The Allies have taken [13] Reuville! Much thanks to a pesky M5 Stuart which proved too tough for the Axis to handle. Typical Allies to bring armour to an infantry fight..

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [29/08/2017] à 14:03

I see you have a battle planned for Friday, Mulberry. That's awesome!

The Attacker should be the side that won the last battle, which right now is the Allies. On the Reports page you can see in the title who is currently attacking. So if nothing changes then you Mulberry should be the attacker. Before Turbo can carry out an attack the Axis team must first successfully defend against an Allied attack!

The easiest way to see who is attacking is to wait with filling out Reports until the day of the battle. You then check what side is the attacker, choose a mission, fill in the first half of the report and get playing.

Just ask if you have any questions, and good luck with the battle 🙂 I'll also have another game this weekend, excited to see what happens!

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [29/08/2017] à 20:53

Thank you for putting this together! What a fun idea!

I have one question: For Recon missions, what is the "Skirmish" scenario? I can't find it in the HoN Scenario booklet (v1.1b).

Is it the first scenario "Deployment", which depicts army A deploying on the top 2 rows and army B deploying on the bottom 2 rows? This scenario doesn't include victory conditions, so I assume it is: most VP by turn 8.

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [30/08/2017] à 01:20

Thanks! I hope it will be a fun way of playing the game, upping the stakes for each battle and fighting alongside others in the community.

And well spotted, it is indeed supposed to be the scenario you mention. In v1.1 it's called Deployment and in the Compendium it's called Confrontation. I've updated the rules for clarification.

Controlling objective markers and breaking enemy units is the way to win those games.

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [30/08/2017] à 14:38

will be looking to join this as well

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [30/08/2017] à 20:55

Me too!

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [30/08/2017] à 21:25

Fantastic, you're very welcome! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [02/09/2017] à 18:08

After heavy fighting around Turqueville the Germans managed to hold the line and thus prevented an Allied linkup with the forces in Ste. Mère-Église. Now the Germans have a chance to go on the offensive! 😎

Also, don't worry about the half filled in report by Turbo/Mulberry. It is still possible to write in the row below, you just won't get the fancy highlights.

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [03/09/2017] à 03:12

The US 4th Infantry Division barely repelled Germans assaulting Hiesville. In the last moments, a veteran Sturmpioniere Assault Group stormed the objective through demolished walls. US Reinforcements arrived just in time to drive the Germans back and claim victory this day, although with heavy loss.

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [04/09/2017] à 16:59

Always fun with close games! Too bad the German offensive didn't last long. They're in the lead thanks to breaking more enemy units, but that can change fast.

Let's see what the Allies will come up with now and who will play the next game.

Remember, this is an open campaign so anyone is welcome to jump in 🙂

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [06/09/2017] à 19:31

US forces operating out of Vierville successfully ambushed a German convoy on the highway outside of St. Côme-du-Mont! The Germans tried to get off the road and use their vehicles to bypass the ambush, but an American M8 Greyhound quickly intercepted them.

In the end a truck loaded with Germans was just about to safely escape, securing enough forces needed, when a well placed shot by the Greyhound's 37mm put a stop to that.

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [14/09/2017] à 08:05

The 82nd Airborne, 508th Reg. got driven back by Fallschirmjager outside of Fauville. The Fallschirmjager commander had a counter to everything the Allied commander attempted, but ultimately the 82nd got caught off balance and the recon elements crushed.

(Seriously, my opponent had a counter for just about everything I tried. Both Nein! cards, Courage, Communications Scrambled, etc. On top of that I made a tactical mistake and got wrecked. Kudos to my opponent)

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [06/10/2017] à 04:52

A section of the US 5th Ranger Battalion was wiped out to a man in a decisive ambush outside la Barquette. The boggy terrain proved too deadly to traverse during battle.

Pages : 1 2