Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches
Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [18/10/2017] à 09:02

The Allies spotted a group of Fallschirmjager pushing toward Foucarville, and Big Joe managed to pull together some forces from the weapons platoon of the 12th Infantry Regiment of the 4th division. They dug in at a strategic point and managed to hold the line, preventing a German breakout. The paratroops just could not press forward through the heavy weapons fire, even with the help of some light armor. As a Puma was making a last press to punch through the lines, a bazooka team burst into action and it was as if Uncle Sam himself were cheering them on. They managed to take out the Puma and kill the German momentum just short of their goal.

I am really surprised more folks have not joined in on this campaign, it is very interesting. Kudos to the creators 🙂

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [24/11/2017] à 00:54

After moving apt the war is back on track!

A US detachment moving out of Vierville made an attempt to secure the highway near St. Côme-du-Mont. However the Germans were not caught unaware; seeing the importance of the highway they had deployed heavy machine guns to defend it.

With mortar shells exploding around them the men of the Festungkompanie managed to hold their ground and the St. Côme-du-Mont junction remain in German hands.

After the 10 first battles the Germans have a 29-19 lead thanks to holding one objective (the highway) and having more Victory Points. The 10 point lead looks strong, but the VPs are awfully close (5 points! Incredible tbh) and the Allies just need to secure an objective of their own or cut off the highway to turn things around.

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [06/12/2017] à 13:18

A German infantry detachment assaulted and neutralized a guard post in Foucarville, further weakening the Foucarville-le Grand Vey buffer zone the allies need to secure the beaches. Unless the allies manage to turn the tide German tanks will soon be parked on the sand dunes down by the sea!

The Awards section has been updated to show awards as of today Dec 6th.

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [09/03/2018] à 03:35

I am shocked no one has posted any new battles… this campaign is a great idea.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [22/04/2018] à 14:15

It's unfortunate, yes! I had hoped people would enjoy the spirit of fighting alongside others in the community, but whatever the reason it didn't quite catch on. I have moved and can't play myself for a while, so while I'm still curious to see how it plays out I can't contribute right now.

Still, I had fun making it and playing it so it wasn't time wasted by any means. And it's all still there, so it's still open for anyone wants to take part in Securing the Beaches!

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [22/04/2018] à 23:48

Hi I agree that the campaign is a good thing however I personally have not yet played it. As gaming time is limited I've just started the Pegasus Bridge scenarios but do intend to try the campaign.

So please, please keep producing these great ideas that fuel the game system. I'm sure that there are others like myself who value what is being done even if we are not in a position to give immediate feedback.

Rick Brown

Community Campaign - Securing The Beaches posté le [05/06/2018] à 23:10

I saw Nostradunwich post about this campaign on BGG, so I came for a look.

It looks like tremendous fun, but I had a question:

If it is possible (because I may not be able to get people lined up to play right away), could this campaign be played on our own when we can arrange things? In other words, can the basic elements be downloaded for later play?

Thanks!

Pages : 1 2