Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
Rules 2.0
Rules 2.0 posté le [28/10/2017] à 22:50

Hey,

So are we going to see that Rules v. 2.0 file for download anytime soon? I seem to remember there being a mention they would go up a bit after the Compendium hit retailers which it has a while ago now.

Thanks,

Mitko

Rules 2.0 posté le [31/10/2017] à 18:03

I hope always to have the time to put them on the website next week, a lot of weeks ago. I am sorry, but it is always a question of prioritaries.

But I can say you that we won't upload only the rules 2.0, but all the Heroes of Normandie part of the Compendium (except the artwork part). That is less time-consuming that making a HoN rulebook 2.0, so I think the HoN Compendium part will appear sooner than the core box rulebook.

En recherche de stage maquettiste

Rules 2.0 posté le [02/11/2017] à 09:40

Sounds great! Thanks!

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Rules 2.0 posté le [29/11/2017] à 02:05

Quote from Axel on [31/10/2017] à 18:03

But I can say you that we won't upload only the rules 2.0, but all the Heroes of Normandie part of the Compendium (except the artwork part). That is less time-consuming that making a HoN rulebook 2.0, so I think the HoN Compendium part will appear sooner than the core box rulebook.

I'm really happy to read this. It will be so much better to find rules for things in one PDF than having to find and look through many different PDF files, like how it is in the current download section.

Hope the new PDF will come out this year! 🙂

Rules 2.0 posté le [24/01/2018] à 18:12

Any news on when this is happening? And please make the PDF searchable (the HoBR example PDFs are not).

Rules 2.0 posté le [24/01/2018] à 18:23

+1 on the searchable PDF.

Some older rulebooks (Pointe du Hoc) are also rasterised and cannot be searched…

Rules 2.0 posté le [24/01/2018] à 23:34

I would not hold my breath for searchable PDFs. It is not that DPG does not want to release them, but that they cannot, atm.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Rules 2.0 posté le [24/01/2018] à 23:41

but that they cannot

Why?

Rules 2.0 posté le [24/01/2018] à 23:44

Quote from Aldaron on [24/01/2018] à 23:41

but that they cannot

Why?

They are apparently having issues with the program.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Rules 2.0 posté le [18/07/2018] à 23:49

Is there any update to this. Are is there a (searchable) PDF of the 2.0 rules available?

Rules 2.0 posté le [25/06/2019] à 00:29

Is there any update to this. Are is there a (searchable) PDF of the 2.0 rules available?

Rules 2.0 posté le [25/06/2019] à 03:28

Heroes of Stalingrad rulebook is the most up to date. You can download and use it.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

Rules 2.0 posté le [25/06/2019] à 04:20

The Heroes of Normandie Compendium Edition is just now back under development (judging by the recent posts from DPG).

Rules 2.0 posté le [25/06/2019] à 18:56

Quote from slyfox on [25/06/2019] à 03:28

Heroes of Stalingrad rulebook is the most up to date. You can download and use it.

And that's fully compatible with HoN 2.0 (and converse the rules there)?

Rules 2.0 posté le [25/06/2019] à 19:04

Absolutely!

There are just a few special abilities which are in the HoS core box and not in the HoN core, and vice versa.

Rules 2.0 posté le [25/06/2019] à 21:36

Quote from bartdevuyst on [25/06/2019] à 19:04

Absolutely!

There are just a few special abilities which are in the HoS core box and not in the HoN core, and vice versa.

The biggest issue will be gear. The HoS rules detail only the gear included in the HoS box. American gear will be noticeably missing. Unfortunately, it is the "sometimes used" stuff like Gear that is the stuff most likely to be searched for in a document.

There will be some Special Abilities that will be missing, and some you don't have but the important ones (Machine Gun, Direct Fire, Indirect Fire, Suppressive Fire, etc.) will all be there with a nice fresh coat of paint.

However, as for core mechanics it will cover all of those easily. You will now be able to push wrecked vehicles as a bonus 😉

You can ignore any references to "Offset Grids" which are used for certain ruins in Stalingrad. Hmmm… I wonder if those could be retrofit to the ruined buildings in HoN? I will have bo ping DPG about that to see what they think, but they are so small I am not sure it really matters 🙂

Keep in mind: The original plans to update the rules was just before DPG had to layoff most of their staff and really cut back. They have been concentrating on developing one project at a time since then to get everything going again. That is why the updates to CE have been delayed as long as they have.

Rules 2.0 posté le [26/06/2019] à 00:51

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [25/06/2019] à 21:36The original plans to update the rules was just before DPG had to layoff most of their staff and really cut back. They have been concentrating on developing one project at a time since then to get everything going again. That is why the updates to CE have been delayed as long as they have.

It would be great of some of that effort was focused on supporting the people who paid for HoN already.

Rules 2.0 posté le [26/06/2019] à 04:46

You mean like getting some of the stuff that was hardest to get hold of and most in-demand back into print so people will have it to play with? Yep, they are doing that.

Or maybe the stuff that people bought but has not yet been delivered? That would definitely be a high priority. They are getting that stuff done as well.

I agree that a searchable rulebook would be helpful for those few times when I brought a computer to the gaming table, and CERTAINLY when I am trying to help players understand rules of which they quote only a small part with no page reference or anything else to help me find it! I do sympathize.

3 people working part time have only so many cycles and much to do. With a new version of the book on the way, does it really make sense to spend time on the old one trying to get it to correctly format for search, when that time could be spent getting the new one to do the same and it has the advantage of the end product being up to date, improved, and expanded? The game has grown a lot since 1.1b and I suspect more people would like to get the new one rather than the old.

Rules 2.0 posté le [27/06/2019] à 02:43

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [25/06/2019] à 04:20

The Heroes of Normandie Compendium Edition is just now back under development (judging by the recent posts from DPG).

Hi, do you mean the second edition Compendium Rulebook ? When does it will see the light ? When should we buy the second edition Compendium, by the end of the 2019 ? The first part or the central part of the 2020, maybe ?

Rules 2.0 posté le [27/06/2019] à 02:50

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [26/06/2019] à 04:46

You mean like getting some of the stuff that was hardest to get hold of and most in-demand back into print so people will have it to play with? Yep, they are doing that.

Or maybe the stuff that people bought but has not yet been delivered? That would definitely be a high priority. They are getting that stuff done as well.

I agree that a searchable rulebook would be helpful for those few times when I brought a computer to the gaming table, and CERTAINLY when I am trying to help players understand rules of which they quote only a small part with no page reference or anything else to help me find it! I do sympathize.

3 people working part time have only so many cycles and much to do. With a new version of the book on the way, does it really make sense to spend time on the old one trying to get it to correctly format for search, when that time could be spent getting the new one to do the same and it has the advantage of the end product being up to date, improved, and expanded? The game has grown a lot since 1.1b and I suspect more people would like to get the new one rather than the old.

Definitely… I agree with you my friend: I have not yet bought the Compendium of Rules because it is the older version… If the second edition of it would have been available it would have been my "1st priority item to buy"… Instead I've to wait and wait and wait… Like a Zen patient Monk, until that "improved and revised" edition will hit the shelves and will be abailable to be bought…

Pages : 1 2