Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Mythos Fighter
Mythos Fighter posté le [31/12/2017] à 00:40

I had started playing with the A!C rules prior to the emergence of Shadows, and have, until now, been playing with the Terror Resistant rule, being that the unit with this ability adds to their terror roll to, you know, resist having to reach into the Bag of Madness.

But then I was teaching the rules to a friend before starting the first scenario of Desert Wrath, and in so doing was surprised that the Shadows rule (changed to Mythos Fighter) states that the unit gets the bonus to EVERY die roll it takes against a mythos creature, including when taking a shot and when in combat with them, not just resisting terror. And since in the Black Suns even your basic dude with a slingshot has the Mythos (0), that's quite a change. Apparently you need only have seen a Ouija board, and these Strike Force units now have bullets that miraculously curve around rock formations to seek you out.

To say that the Strike Force ran through the opposition with ease is an understatement. Monsters were shrugged off and slain. The overlord took a flamer to the proboscis and Ackee shredded him. A grenade though a window tore up everyone holding the objective.

Turn 3 and the BS had been cut down to 4 units, with hardly a scratch to the Mythos fighters.

So I'm wondering if this was another misinterpretation in the rules.

I haven't been able to find any other threads about this ability, but I'm going back to the old rule, where they're resistant to terror, but don't have an inexplicable bonus to every roll against units in the Purple Reign dreaming of tentacled persuasions.

Mythos Fighter posté le [31/12/2017] à 23:18

From the v2.0 rules in the Compendium (emphasis added):

Major Change

Mythos Fighter

This special ability gives the unit a bonus to any die roll when it is interacting with a Mythos manifestation.

The value of this bonus is printed inside the symbol and can be used for example during a Firing action, an Assault (both in attack and defense) or during a Terror check.

This special ability does not apply to alternate firing actions.

So yes, it applies to shooting and assault; but no, it would not apply to the flame thrower 🙂

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Mythos Fighter posté le [02/01/2018] à 08:01

Or grenade…

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Mythos Fighter posté le [02/01/2018] à 20:16

Or grenade. Thanks, Colhammer 🙂

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages : 1