Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2 3 4 5
Pre-order shipping?
Pre-order shipping? posté le [19/03/2018] à 20:36

Sorry if I missed this somewhere – I ordered on Sept 13, 2017 and never received a game. Status shows order unfulfilled. Any word on who I should talk to about the timing?

Pre-order shipping? posté le [19/03/2018] à 21:29

Since the game has not shipped yet, you have not missed anything.

It would be nice if there was a project status page where you can see what has shipped and other important updates. I will talk to Axel about it.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pre-order shipping? posté le [31/03/2018] à 00:34

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [19/03/2018] à 21:29

Since the game has not shipped yet, you have not missed anything.

It would be nice if there was a project status page where you can see what has shipped and other important updates. I will talk to Axel about it.

is there any update on when the pre-orders will be shipping? I thought that it was supposed to be before the end of march…

Pre-order shipping? posté le [31/03/2018] à 08:23

As shown on the home page and in the shop with the products :

"Estimation of shipping date: 23/04/2018"

Pre-order shipping? posté le [02/04/2018] à 12:54

Quote from Eclo on [31/03/2018] à 08:23

As shown on the home page and in the shop with the products :

"Estimation of shipping date: 23/04/2018"

Mind you this is for those who pre-ordered before September 2017. For those who pre-ordered after Sep 2017 the shipping will happen sometime in june/july I believe it was.

Pre-order shipping? posté le [03/04/2018] à 09:27

Quote from LionSaurus on [02/04/2018] à 12:54

Mind you this is for those who pre-ordered before September 2017. For those who pre-ordered after Sep 2017 the shipping will happen sometime in june/july I believe it was.

Good point! Thanks for bringing that up.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pre-order shipping? posté le [04/04/2018] à 02:53

Is that true, June/July? When I pre-ordered in January estimated delivery was in March. It has since changed to late April. Now your saying they are slipping another 3 to 4 months? Why does the pre-order page still say estimated shipping in April if it is not until June?

Pre-order shipping? posté le [04/04/2018] à 12:40

Quote from CellThirtyFour on [04/04/2018] à 02:53

Is that true, June/July? When I pre-ordered in January estimated delivery was in March. It has since changed to late April. Now your saying they are slipping another 3 to 4 months? Why does the pre-order page still say estimated shipping in April if it is not until June?

Not sure if june/july was the accurate dates, but I believe it was something like that. It was in a older newsletter and news article, but I can't find it at the moment (would require some digging). The pre-order used to say something along the lines of "if you pre-order before September you will receive the first copies in March" and that anyone who pre-ordered after would get it at release (or just ahead of release). With the production delays (due to Chinese new year I believe) the first pre-order group got a month+ delay on the products. The original promise was that those who pre-ordered prior to September would get the product two months before the rest (as a reward for loyalty) so when it got pushed back a month, they also pushed it back a month for those who pre-ordered after September.

As for the information not being easily visible is just unfortunate really. Back when we could pre-order before September it actually said "if you pre-order before September.." etc. After September it just said the shipping date for those who did pre-order before. This might be due to a limitation of the website, but that is probably something @Nostradunwhich can explain a lot better then me.

If I stumble on the news article about it I will be sure to link it here.

Pre-order shipping? posté le [04/04/2018] à 19:48

Quote from LionSaurus on [04/04/2018] à 12:40

As for the information not being easily visible is just unfortunate really. Back when we could pre-order before September it actually said "if you pre-order before September.." etc. After September it just said the shipping date for those who did pre-order before. This might be due to a limitation of the website, but that is probably something @Nostradunwhich can explain a lot better then me.

For the most part, I just have an [Approve] and [Ban] button on first posts, and the ability to move threads around or delete them… I am not the webmaster, just a volunteer moderator.

I agree that there has been a decay of information. I think DPG just thought it easier to link to the store entry, and have the info there… not thinking about what happens later when the store entry is updated or even once the product is available in the store and the entry is changed to "now selling". That is not helpful when trying to straighten out a misunderstanding with a customer and that is not good. I will talk to DPG about ensuring that sort of thing does not happen again, although that is "closing the barn door after the horse has escaped".

I will apologize for not having kept the information somewhere so it was more readily available, I will try to ensure I do that in the future, but by the time I realized it was an issue it was too late. I must admit I do not recall the details of the later pre-order, since it did not apply to me 😳

The News article from when the Open Pre-order started (link here) was just a link to the store entries. So it is not very helpful. Not sure if an archive of that exists anywhere because, again, I am not the webmaster.

I know there is a pre-release shipment for loyal forum members who were on the board before September 2017, but I am not sure the current shipping delay between the pre-release and those who ordered during the Open Pre-order. I will try to find out the current schedule.

Pre-order shipping? posté le [04/04/2018] à 20:05

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/dernieres-36h-pour-les-precos-privees/

Pre-order shipping? posté le [04/04/2018] à 20:14

Quote from CellThirtyFour on [04/04/2018] à 02:53

The key word there is ESTIMATED. At the time the entry was made, the ESTIMATED date was April. That is not a guarantee of shipping, it was an estimate.

As I said previously, I am trying to get an update.

Pre-order shipping? posté le [04/04/2018] à 20:22

Quote from Eclo on [04/04/2018] à 20:05

Thanks, Eclo. Yes, it was a promise of 2 months.

Some of that may be as simple as manufacturing time.

Hypothetically, the pre-orders only make up a portion of the total product being manufactured, so once the first X games are completed they are shipped to DPG for sending to the "Loyalty Pre-Order" backers. Then once the rest of the product is finished and packaged, it is shipped off to DPG to fulfill the rest of the orders. The time to manufacture the rest of the run would be a major part of the delay between the first and second wave of shipping. Thousands of copies of a game do not miraculously complete themselves overnight, after all. Given that scenario, if the date of manufacture of the 1st first box slips, then the date of ALL boxes slips by the same amount and the delay between the two waves remains the same.

Pre-order shipping? posté le [04/04/2018] à 20:57

Quote from Eclo on [04/04/2018] à 20:05

This is the news article I was talking about. This info was unfortunately only available to us who had forum users before a certain date as it was a "private pre-order" offer. It meant we got to pre-order before it opened up for pre-orders for others and one of the bonuses for pre-ordering before was being promised the game 2 months ahead of time. This has caused some misinformation (such as shipping date being April for the product, when in actuality it is only april for those who were part of the private pre-order "event").

Pre-order shipping? posté le [05/04/2018] à 00:05

Quote from LionSaurus on [04/04/2018] à 20:57

This has caused some misinformation (such as shipping date being April for the product, when in actuality it is only april for those who were part of the private pre-order "event").

Yes, that is a limitation on the Store. Perhaps two different entries would have been better, but I am not sure the technical aspects of the store.

Pre-order shipping? posté le [05/04/2018] à 11:07

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [05/04/2018] à 00:05

Quote from LionSaurus on [04/04/2018] à 20:57

This has caused some misinformation (such as shipping date being April for the product, when in actuality it is only april for those who were part of the private pre-order "event").

Yes, that is a limitation on the Store. Perhaps two different entries would have been better, but I am not sure the technical aspects of the store.

Hopefully something that can be avoided in the future =)

Live and learn as they say 😀

Pre-order shipping? posté le [08/04/2018] à 11:59

Saw the date change and was a bit disappointed. 🙁

But then I'm used to kickstarter. What's a couple more months? 😉

The game looks great and I'm looking forward to future releases. Keep up the good work devil pigs!

Cedric van Aerssen

Pre-order shipping? posté le [09/04/2018] à 08:52

Even we sent the files end of December, the factory began to work on only since last month (cry)… After letting us without news for months. We hope a start of the manufacturing very soon.

Community Manager Devil Pig Games

Pre-order shipping? posté le [09/04/2018] à 22:40

So the manufacturing of Black Reach hasn't even been started yet? And nothing has been said about it? Just buried in the forum. That's wonderful news to hear. I guess the letter you all posted about how Devil Pig is changing their ways was incorrect. I've been understanding and patient through all the delays with the Tactical card game and the understanding that Devil pig is a small company but its got to get better sometimes, right?

So what are we looking at now, Another 4 to 6 month wait?

Pre-order shipping? posté le [09/04/2018] à 23:37

Quote from Axel on [09/04/2018] à 08:52

Even we sent the files end of December, the factory began to work on only since last month (cry)… After letting us without news for months. We hope a start of the manufacturing very soon.

Are you referring to the delay until April (the current listed shipping date) or are you saying there is a risk of it being delayed even more?

Complete transparency here would be appreciated.

Pre-order shipping? posté le [10/04/2018] à 11:40

@ Sgt Issah

The newsletter is correct, sorry to say that. The production should begin months ago because we sent the production files end of December :

– Production should have been completed beginning of February

– Dispatch should have been completed end of March.

The factory didn't give us answers until beginning of March and the French intermediary said us that they can finish the printing and assemblying under one week.

We are beginning of April, nothing comes, so it is our duty to advert you.

Next time, maybe we should mind to it because each time we advert you, we receive rockets, even if when it is not our fault (and this time, it is the case, we did everything on time!)

I can understand your frustration, but we don't make miracle (even if we would like). We are human and I can say that the most frustrated is us.

Take 2 seconds to imagine our situation and you will understand that you don't help us in this difficult situation where we didn't do anything wrong (contrary to Heroes of Normandie the Card Game and Age of Towers).

@ LionSaurus

I refer to a new delay. We know that they have only one doc to sent us before beginning to print and we are still waiting for it. We are waiting too for a production time in order to be able to determine a schedule.

This factory late is a bad thing for us because we must push out the official release of the game.

We don't give you bad news for the pleasure, we give them to you in order to keep you aware. Currently, we know where we are now (we are waiting for one doc) but we are still waiting for the necessary informations for the rest of the project schedule.

We want to thank you for your patience and we understand your frustration, we ask you to understand our own frustration too.

Community Manager Devil Pig Games

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5