Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
New 50 card decks?
New 50 card decks? posté le [22/03/2018] à 14:51

I'm curious about the German and Soviet 50 card decks. Are they really just 50 cards that are not meant to modified at all?

So, no extra fighter/bomber cards and no extra artillery cards?

I have experimented with my HoN decks (US, German and British) and pared them down to 50 card decks too. But I guess I need to assign some bonuses to "useless" cards like in the new deck has.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

New 50 card decks? posté le [22/03/2018] à 15:37

Quote from Colhammer on [22/03/2018] à 14:51

I'm curious about the German and Soviet 50 card decks. Are they really just 50 cards that are not meant to modified at all?

So, no extra fighter/bomber cards and no extra artillery cards?

That is a bit of a leap… especially since there are Elite units that bring their own 6 card training sets and are all v2.0 products.

You don't remove any of the 50 cards from the new version of the deck, but that does not mean you cannot add cards.

By giving "specialty" cards a secondary value (with the Alternate Bonus) it just saves a lot of time in scenario setup. You don't have to remove any cards from the deck and at the same time you do not end up with superfluous cards that waste a draw.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

New 50 card decks? posté le [22/03/2018] à 16:53

But the HoS box comes only with two 50 card decks, so there won't be any planes or artillery cards. That is what I meant. Naturally some expansions can add six more cards (like the demon hunters adds six indian cards for the majestic deck).

I'm just wondering if the pigs are getting rid of the air support and artillery support in card form and rather add them as tokens. There is already artillery tokens with some high command options.

And HoBR seems to have air support as army tiles.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

New 50 card decks? posté le [22/03/2018] à 19:05

I have also made 50 card decks for the US, German, and British. I've assigned alternate bonuses as follows:

Spoiler :

Core Cards

Suprise! / +1 Fire

Precision / +1 Fire

Sneaky Shot / +1 Fire

Speed Setup / +1 Move

Return to Sender / +1 Move

Vehicle Cards

It Bounced Right Off It / +1 Fire

Bogged Down / +1 Move

Don't Stop! / +1 Assault

Hit and Run / +1 Assault

Weak Point / +1 Assault

Ram / +1 Assault

Faction Cards

Desertion (US) / +1 Move

Booby-Trapped (GE) / +1 Move

I closely examined the SoN decks (Majestic, Black Sun, and Mythos) to determine which cards should have alternate bonuses and what the bonus should be. Generally, it's any card that is situational or hard to use.

I made one decklist of 45 cards that is shared between all factions. Just add the 5 additional faction specific cards (i.e. American Way of Life, Booby-Trapped, Tea Time, etc.). Each unique card is featured in this deck, except for two: Advance! and Repairs. This was a matter of personal preference.

Spoiler :

Core Cards

4x Burst into Action

2x Opportunistic Fire

2x Hit the Dirt

2x Courage

2x Fall Back

2x Initiative

2x Confusion

2x No!

2x Second Chance

2x Thank the Helmet!

2x Dynamic

1x Driven Back

1x Go! Go! Go!

1x Relay

1x Ready!

1x Battle Rage

1x All-Terrain

1x High Command

1x Tactician

1x Communications Scrambled

Situational Cards

2x Suprise! (alt: +1 Fire)

1x Sneaky Shot (alt: +1 Fire)

1x Speed Setup (alt: +1 Move)

1x Return to Sender (alt: +1 Move)

1x Precision (alt: +1 Fire)

Vehicle Cards

1x Weak Point (alt: +1 Assault)

1x Bogged Down (alt: +1 Move)

1x It Bounced Right Off It (alt: +1 Fire)

1x Don't Stop! (alt: +1 Assault)

1x Hit and Run (alt: +1 Assault)

1x Ram (alt: +1 Assault)

Unused Cards

5x Airstrike

4x Artillery

1x Sneaky Shot (alt: +1 Fire)

1x Speed Setup (alt: +1 Move)

1x Surprise! (alt: +1 Fire)

1x All-Terrain

1x Ready!

1x Tactician

1x Second Chance

1x Communications Scrambled

1x Battle Rage

2x Advance!

1x Repairs (alt: +1 Fire)

1x Don't Stop! (alt: +1 Assault)

1x Weak Point (alt: +1 Assault)

As an optional add-on you can purchase two small recruitment tiles:

* Elite Training (x3) – 10 pts

* Elite Training (x6) – 20 pts.

Each allows you to add some of the unused cards back into the deck. For example, you could add an additional copy of Weak Point, Battle Rage, and Suprise! into the deck. Note: I haven't used this option yet, but I've included it for those interested.

New 50 card decks? posté le [22/03/2018] à 19:29

I forgot to mention. I've used card sleeves and tiny strips of post-it notes to mark which cards have an alternate bonus. The trick was to draw the icon on the sticky side, then use a flat butter knife to stick it to the sleeve (rather than the card). Here's what it looks like:

New 50 card decks? posté le [23/03/2018] à 00:18

Yes, artillery and aircraft will be manage with markers. The card list is already available in one thread on Heroes of Stalingrad forum sub-section.

En recherche de stage maquettiste

New 50 card decks? posté le [26/03/2018] à 07:26

I went ahead and glued some symbols (move, assault and shoot) to my US, German and British cards. I closely checked the Majestic, Black Sun and Section M decks to see which cards I added a symbol and which symbol I glued in the cards.

I now have 50 card decks for US, German and Brits, mimicking the newer 50 card decks.

I still will buy the new US and German decks when they become available as I'd like to have an official decks, but my improvised decks will let me use the new style meanwhile.

It had become tedious to select the decks in the old way at the start of each game, so I welcome the use of these new style decks.

New 50 card decks? posté le [26/03/2018] à 17:22

All the same. I have already upgraded my old deck. The idea of a fixed 50 cards deck was great !

New 50 card decks? posté le [26/03/2018] à 18:06

As an update to this thread — when Axel said "managed by markers" he meant that the Airstrike and Artillery cards are being dropped as a mechanic for HoN. You can still use them, of course, but DPG has switched to recruitment options that have markers and require an Order token to activate.

This new mechanic can already be seen in the reinforcement packs we saw last year (4th Armored, 7th Armored, 1st SS Panzer).

So there are no Airstrike or Artillery cards in Heroes of Stalingrad, and there will be no cards in the new German and US 50-card decks.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

New 50 card decks? posté le [27/03/2018] à 07:52

Now that I have "fixed" my US, BR and GE decks into permanent 50 card decks, I'm thinking of house ruling my airstrikes too:

Buy the 3x Airstrike or 1x airstrike as normal, but do not mix those cards into the deck. Instead draw 1 or 3 (or 4 if you bought both Airstrike options) random airstrike cards and put them aside.

When you want to use airstrike, put an order chit on top of the air strike cards and when the order number is activated draw 1 random airstrike card from those you put on side and use it as per cards instructions.

I'm not sure if the options cost should go up because you get to use the airstrikes more reliably?

Maybe roll a die when trying to call an air strike. On 4+ you can use it, otherwise the order is wasted and the card remains in the air strike deck for future use. That way the airstrikes are not as reliable, but still propably comes up faster than if mixed in the deck.

I will use this house rule until the new style airstrikes become available.

For artillery, I already have counters for the new style artillery, so I will propably retire my artillery cards.

New 50 card decks? posté le [27/03/2018] à 17:40

Quote from Colhammer on [27/03/2018] à 07:52

When you want to use airstrike, put an order chit on top of the air strike cards and when the order number is activated draw 1 random airstrike card from those you put on side and use it as per cards instructions.

Your costs will be off, judging by the cost of the Artillery order in the 4th armored pack (50 pts) versus the matching Artillery order in the US Army box (30 pts). When you lose the random factor your cost goes up 🙂

New 50 card decks? posté le [27/03/2018] à 18:33

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [27/03/2018] à 17:40

Quote from Colhammer on [27/03/2018] à 07:52

Your costs will be off, judging by the cost of the Artillery order in the 4th armored pack (50 pts) versus the matching Artillery order in the US Army box (30 pts). When you lose the random factor your cost goes up 🙂

There is already the "wasted" order you need to put on the card to activate it. And that is why I will be using the 4+ die roll too. If I roll badly, I might never get the airstrike…

New 50 card decks? posté le [05/04/2018] à 15:55

Any estimate for when the new decks will be available?

New 50 card decks? posté le [01/07/2018] à 06:19

Quickle

Where’s “Resupply”?

New 50 card decks? posté le [01/07/2018] à 21:54

Quote from Kingprawn on [01/07/2018] à 06:19

Quickle

Where’s “Resupply”?

Resupply is a US only card, so it is not included in the generalized/shared 45 card list:

I made one decklist of 45 cards that is shared between all factions. Just add the 5 additional faction specific cards (i.e. American Way of Life, Booby-Trapped, Tea Time, etc.).

New 50 card decks? posté le [11/02/2019] à 16:34

Any news if these are still being made and if so when they would be available to purchase?

New 50 card decks? posté le [11/02/2019] à 19:10

The decks have not been made yet. They will be part of the upcoming HoN Compendium Edition core box. There is some discussion of making them available, but DPG had to ensure they can do that so as to make it reasonable for them and the customers both.

Pages : 1