Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
HoS Proofs
HoS Proofs posté le [17/05/2018] à 06:14

I only recently got into the whole HoN system and have found many errors, even in the latest printings of various products. I've already posted most errors so far on the forums, but am still combing through things.

I have backed the HoS project and am looking forward to it. However, I am now concerned about the level of quality control for HoS. I'm wondering if we the community will have an opportunity to look at proofs of all the boards, rules and so forth before they go to print? I would love the opportunity to pour over them for hours to identify every possible error to ensure that HoS is error free on the first print.

HoS Proofs posté le [17/05/2018] à 06:52

Quote from rubasurex on [17/05/2018] à 06:14

I have backed the HoS project and am looking forward to it. However, I am now concerned about the level of quality control for HoS. I'm wondering if we the community will have an opportunity to look at proofs of all the boards, rules and so forth before they go to print? I would love the opportunity to pour over them for hours to identify every possible error to ensure that HoS is error free on the first print.

Yeah… about that. This has been the procedure for a while. And errors still got through. Carentan, Pegasus Bridge and St. Mere Eglise where all "vetted" by members before they went to print. Look through the V1 Archives and the HoN forum section for "[Preview]" threads.

It is not as easy as you might think 😉

Edit to add: But I expect we will get a shot at the HoS boards as well, so let's all work to do better 😉

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

HoS Proofs posté le [17/05/2018] à 07:30

Oh I know it's not easy, trust me, I know. Still want to at least try though.

It is much harder to proof something on the screen than when you have the physical tiles that you can arrange together to find mistakes. I find it useful to actually print the proofs out, glue them together (front and back), then cut them out.

HoS Proofs posté le [17/05/2018] à 09:50

I work professionally in graphic design and know how much work it is to correct and proofread artwork before going to print. That’s why printing out everything before really helps; there’s something magic that happens when you see an object in real life. By experience I can tell that some things get missed on screen.

Lately I have the feeling that DPG puts more effort in proofreading, so let's hope that for Heroes of Stalingrad we get a better final product. I also hope that some of the clumsy translations from French are gone too. How many times that I had to reread a simple English sentence because the translation was made too literal…

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

HoS Proofs posté le [17/05/2018] à 18:10

Quote from bartdevuyst on [17/05/2018] à 09:50

Lately I have the feeling that DPG puts more effort in proofreading, so let's hope that for Heroes of Stalingrad we get a better final product. I also hope that some of the clumsy translations from French are gone too. How many times that I had to reread a simple English sentence because the translation was made too literal…

Because of the different way a sentence is constructed, the French – English translation is not easy for our French game developers

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

HoS Proofs posté le [17/05/2018] à 18:38

As you indicate, it's a common and well known issue with translations… It relates to the order of words, which is completely different in Germanic languages (English, Dutch, …) compared to Romance languages (French, Spanish, Italian, …).

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

HoS Proofs posté le [17/05/2018] à 20:01

What we really need is a full and complete guide to replacing all the errors with the errata boards. It makes it even harder when you have bought a misprinted product, then purchase the errata and it is still hard to replace them.

It has been said that a full errata guide is coming but still big new projects like HotBR and HoS keep coming out. I totally love the Devil Pigs and am not talking trash but a full dedicated "in once place" with pictures errata needs to be built or posted somewhere. Pay an intern.

Thanks!

HoS Proofs posté le [28/05/2018] à 23:22

Clem said he was going to take a look at the Heavy Attack Value for the T-34. As a 75mm gun it should be more in line with the Cromwell, Sherman, and Panzer 4 instead of the Panzer 3 they previewed which has a much smaller gun.

I look forward to seeing the proofs with great anticipation.

Pages : 1