Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Best exciting all-round (semi) beginner scenario?
Best exciting all-round (semi) beginner scenario? posté le [22/05/2018] à 20:53

Hi all!

I've got a buddy coming over for a night of HoN carnage. He owns the core box so is up to date with the core rules. I own all expansions and I'd like to show him a scenario that goes a but further than the, in my opinion, somewhat dry scenario's from the core box… Something to get him wanting more. 😉

What scenario do you recommend for this situation, where my opponent is an experienced board gamer and can handle quite a bit more than the core scenario's? Which scenario is a nice step up without getting too overwhelming?

I've been paging through all my gazettes and scenario booklets and can't quite decide.

Thanks,

Bart

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Best exciting all-round (semi) beginner scenario? posté le [22/05/2018] à 21:21

I'd recommend a points based match, say 450pts.

Use a six tile map, any of the ones in the scenario booklet from the core box.

It can be more fun to work out your own armies from what you have. Use the Primary and secondary objectives for points as well as the points for destroyed units.

Six or eight moves, the most points wins.

We did that and it really worked well.

Best exciting all-round (semi) beginner scenario? posté le [23/05/2018] à 09:18

If you want to impress him, you van download my Big campaign : Schnee eifel 44. It's available in french and in english (2 chapters). It use post office the HoN stuff (except british troops)

Jamais un type n’a gagné une guerre en mourant pour sa patrie. On gagne en s’arrangeant pour que ce soit le type d’en face qui meure pour sa patrie. George Smith Patton

Best exciting all-round (semi) beginner scenario? posté le [23/05/2018] à 21:05

Thanks to BobWeebe finishing the other two chapters, Schnee Eifel is all up now and cross referenced to make finding the whole campaign easier 🙂

Keep in mind you will need EVERY scenario box to use the whole campaign, this is not for the casual collector.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Best exciting all-round (semi) beginner scenario? posté le [24/05/2018] à 10:39

The right name for scénario 2-A should bé "fighting withdrawal". In fact i've got the english name before the french One. And i didn't have a good One un french. In some case english language is better than french, like this One.

Jamais un type n’a gagné une guerre en mourant pour sa patrie. On gagne en s’arrangeant pour que ce soit le type d’en face qui meure pour sa patrie. George Smith Patton

Best exciting all-round (semi) beginner scenario? posté le [24/05/2018] à 11:37

So here's a quick session report that might be helpful for players in a similar situation.

So, instead of playing a nice and easy scenario from the core box, like 'My Heart Goes Boom' or 'Slaughterhouse 5'. I picked scenario #4, from the Carentan expansion box. We had a lot of fun but I somewhat underestimated the learning curve that comes with this game, although it's still nothing a veteran board gamer can't handle.

I forgot how 'easy' the units from the core box are. They have very little icons, very little peculiar differences and a simpler role to fulfil. A 'Fire Group' is just a simple unit with the 'Assault' ability, nothing more, nothing less. A 'Fire Group' from the Fallschirmjäger Regiment, for instance, has the 'Fire on the Move' ability added to it. This all makes sense because these are paratroopers of course but, again, more difficult for newcomers.

So units from the expansions have more icons and more rules… so obviously it takes a little more time to digest. Something to keep in mind with new players.

All in all we had a blast and HoN's fine gameplay shined through!

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Pages : 1