Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :(
Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [06/06/2018] à 19:29

Like the subject says. I would love to buy the D Day expansion for Heroes of Normandie directly from the Devil Pig store, but the shipping (20 euro) is more expensive than the game (17.50 euro)! Together this is about 160 PLN (I'm based in Poland).

If I order locally I can get the expansion shipped for 31.19 Euro (133 PLN). Even with the current 50% discount its just not worth to buy directly. 🙁 I would expect to pay that price if I was shipping from the US, but not within Europe.

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [06/06/2018] à 20:45

dont feel bad. there is just a bunch of things i either don't have for HON and SON and a bunch of stuff i just want extra of and after checking price in check out. 125.00 with shipping 245.00…almost DOUBLE the cost 🙁 . and thats at 50% off AND 15% for life orders

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [07/06/2018] à 10:08

Can’t you get freepost for buying over 100€?

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [07/06/2018] à 10:16

Buying direct from the USA, for us in Europe, is almost the same. Very high shipping rates and high import taxes too. Most of the time it's not really worth it, unless you really want something.

We all are spoiled by low, even free, shipping costs by huge players like Amazon, who even bypass customs. In reality, shipping across an ocean costs a lot of money, especially in the case of low quantity shipping situations like DPG.

And it's the same in Europe. Shipping to some countries is really cheap, whereas shipping to another country (that might not even be further) might me really expensive. Every country has different internal rates and regulations.

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [07/06/2018] à 15:49

oh dont get me wrong. ive bitched about things on the forums more than once but i know no matter what i do on international shipping its going to hurt,its just the way it is. i was able to get everything from KS except pointe du hoc,devil boy and georings train. and my dog ate pegasus bridge dice tower…so im going to have to order no matter what

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [07/06/2018] à 16:17

That sounds like a tasty tower. 😎

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [07/06/2018] à 20:19

Quote from Whybother on [07/06/2018] à 10:08

Can’t you get freepost for buying over ?

Shipping rates are free in Zone 1 to 3 for orders of 427zł or more. Poland is in zone 4, so unfortunately not. But even if I could, I don't want 100 euro worth of stuff. I just want the D-Day expansion.

It just makes no sense! It would be cheaper to buy from the UK store, have it sent to a friend and then have the friend mail it to me in Poland. How is that possible?

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [11/06/2018] à 11:23

Is it possible to extend free shipping for Zone4?

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [14/06/2018] à 20:39

I too was angry with the shipping costs to Finland at first. Almost 19 € for a few Punchboards!!

Postage within Finland is 5-7 € depending. But most of the stores selling Heroes of Normandie here (3-4 stores) charge much more for the game and it's expansions and the pieces that can be ordered are quite few. A punchboard that cost 8 € at Devil Pig may cost 14 € here. :o( + at least 5€ postage. Quite insane. But one store sells at about the same prices as DPG – some products are even cheeper here (army boxes and Saint Mère Eglise for instance are cheaper here so no reason to order there).

But since I can't get all I want here in Finland or Sweden ordering is a must. Found another store in France though, selling DPG products – cheaper than DPG itself – a bit weird. And postage was about half of DPG postage. Always under 10 €.

Anyways, with this Sale I ordered stuff for over 200 € (-50%) and postage was only 15€ per order (made 2 separate orders) for a big box crammed with goodies.

I tend not to think that much about postage, a train ticket, flight ticket or any other ticket or petrol for the car costs too. After all. Getting the stuff I want shipped from France to my front door within a week from ordering for just 15€ I consider a good deal.

/ Manu

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [15/06/2018] à 12:03

We can't compare a shop online that specializes in selling and a publisher that is not.

We don't have the preferential rate like a shop because we send less than them and we must respect the recommended prices that we give to the shops (but they don't have to follow this).

L’esclave dyslexique plus vraiment à mi-temps

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [18/06/2018] à 22:10

Quote from Raphael on [15/06/2018] à 12:03

We can't compare a shop online that specializes in selling and a publisher that is not.

We don't have the preferential rate like a shop because we send less than them and we must respect the recommended prices that we give to the shops (but they don't have to follow this).

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that. Your shipping rates are worse than an individual on ebay selling their 2nd hand stuff with no preferential rate at all, and Im pretty sure you sell more than them. If you're not set up to sell, then why do you?

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [25/06/2018] à 14:16

Totally! Sometimes shipping cost just spoils my mood. I don’t like it when it is more than the cost of the product. I just don’t feel like ordering that thing and it hurts then. There should be companies offering a low shipping cost and same day courier service. These two things make it perfect.

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [25/06/2018] à 19:39

Tell that to nealy all US companies! Wanted to order a 10 dollar velcro backed patch…….postage 14 dollars. 🙁 .l

Remember, We Have The Right To Arm Bears!

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [25/06/2018] à 21:47

Unfortunately, companies that can buy a LOT of an item and distribute it in warehouses all over the place and thus ship for a more local warehouse to your door for cheap are really distorting the expectation of shipping costs for small companies that do not have 100K of an item to distribute worldwide to distribution centers.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [26/06/2018] à 04:37

I bit the bullet and paid the hefty shipping fee to get some items that I've been wanting. I think I know why the shipping is so much … it was sent with express shipping. The items arrived in 3 days from France to the west coast USA. 3 DAYS! That's awesome, but also expensive. Perhaps DPG could ship with a slower method to save money?

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [26/06/2018] à 18:15

Quote from Quickle on [26/06/2018] à 04:37

I bit the bullet and paid the hefty shipping fee to get some items that I've been wanting. I think I know why the shipping is so much … it was sent with express shipping. The items arrived in 3 days from France to the west coast USA. 3 DAYS! That's awesome, but also expensive. Perhaps DPG could ship with a slower method to save money?

That is a good question. I am not in France so I don't know the options available. From previous discussions, if I recall correctly it was basically Airmail (which apparently flew directly to the West Coast in this case).

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [27/06/2018] à 15:47

The cost of the shipping is:

– the shipping itself

– the preparation of the package

– the cost of the protection elements (carton, big bubble wrapping)

The bubble wrapping used by our dispatcher results to less than 0.5% of package damages during the shipping. But it is more expensive than just paper balls or other protections.

Don't forget that when an individual sends you something, he doesn't count the human and material costs of the shipping.

Because we are a small company, we cannot offer you all the possibility for a shipping (faster or slower, etc.), we are not Amazon or any other specialized webshop. We are first publisher who have a webshop in order to propose to our customers products they cannot find in their country. Webshop and shipping is not our main activity at all.

To be honest, it is expensive to ship some small products like 1 or 2 punchboards than 2 core boxes for example.

Last thing for @evidence, the price is a problem because you see the price reduced by 50% (17,50€), but what did you think when it was full price? The way you mind to it is not the right one. You should more mind like that: with the 50% discount, it is more near like a free shipping with a full price.

En recherche de stage maquettiste

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [12/07/2018] à 20:43

Actually, I was comparing the cost to the full price cost of getting it locally, which is what Im ultimately going to do. I just wanted to support Devil Pig directly without the middleman.

What is interesting for me is that my local company is somehow able to sell the game to me cheaper, not only including their shipping and packing cost but also their profit margin.

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [18/07/2018] à 00:58

I just went to take advantage of the 30% sale… The compendium is 30% discount ..and there is a big sign saying free shiping on this product… BUT when i came to checkout. a massive 15euros was added for shipping from France to UK. Too much …so ill not be buying it direct unfortunately.

Love the game though ! (not the misleading shipping offers).

Shipping costs make it not worth to buy direct :( posté le [18/07/2018] à 03:59

Quote from Ady R on [18/07/2018] à 00:58

I just went to take advantage of the 30% sale… The compendium is 30% discount ..and there is a big sign saying free shiping on this product… BUT when i came to checkout. a massive 15euros was added for shipping from France to UK. Too much …so i'll not be buying it direct unfortunately.

Love the game though ! (not the misleading shipping offers).

Hey Ady.

I jumped into the World store (I am in the US so that is not my default) and I saw the banner you were referring to. DPG may have flipped the prices on a class of products but apparently they did not actually edit the entries much. That is unfortunate. I will ping DPG about removing that graphic, since it expired a while ago!

So the illustration promoting free shipping

Was for 'Pre-orders' and the Compendium has been out a while. There is an asterisk on that deal, and if you take a look at the notation in the lower right corner of that graphic, you will see the asterisk explained. That offer ended in March. Technically, I think it was March of LAST YEAR but in any case it has expired. That banner should have been removed.

Sorry for any confusion that caused you, and thankfully you spotted the problem in time to save you the hassle of a nasty surprise or having to cancel an order.

Pages : 1 2