Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2 3 4 5
When is Gazette #8 shipping?
When is Gazette #8 shipping? posté le [03/01/2019] à 03:39

Just got my copy in a few days ago. Why were there no storage labels for the platoons included with the gazette?

When is Gazette #8 shipping? posté le [03/01/2019] à 21:45

Unfortunate that DPG just cannot get a break on issues with fulfillment.

Glad to hear some are arriving.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

When is Gazette #8 shipping? posté le [08/01/2019] à 19:01

Got mine in Suffolk, Virginia last night. They look great but be careful the pieces fall out of the base very easy so check you bag if any are not on the base.

When is Gazette #8 shipping? posté le [08/01/2019] à 19:14

Thank you DPG, I got mine over the weekend. I have to say that I’m NOT happy with this new printing decision though.

– They are glossy so light shines off them way worse than the darker matte original tiles.

– They are thinner and it is somewhat noticeable. New tiles on the right.

– The Maquisards recruitment tile’s right option slot is to narrow for older options. I’ll have to take a knife to it to open it up some.

– I did notice some fraying on the back side just after being punched also.

Overall I can live with the thinner tiles, but the glossy finish really bothers me, as I have to keep moving my head around to see my unit’s stats. The fraying is worrisome too. There is no excuse for the options not to fit, this needs to be fixed asap.

I bring this to DPG's attention not to complain, but so their quality control can improve. I don't want my new tiles to look different from my old tiles.

When is Gazette #8 shipping? posté le [08/01/2019] à 21:14

Thanks for sharing, Donnie.

I also noticed the glare, backside fraying and recruitment slots being too small.

Original tokens have a matte finishing coating, which these new tokens do not have unfortunately. The new tokens of this gazette only feature coated paper, in printer terms. I’m a bit afraid the longevity of these tokens is less than regular HoN tokens. Time will tell. I’ll enjoy them for now, but matching quality would have been nicer and better.

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

When is Gazette #8 shipping? posté le [08/01/2019] à 23:35

I also received mine in Michigan and found the quality to be less than par for previous tokens. DPG….please go back to previous printing companies. Much better quality in my opinion.

When is Gazette #8 shipping? posté le [09/01/2019] à 04:48

Quote from Derf on [08/01/2019] à 19:01

Got mine in Suffolk, Virginia last night. They look great but be careful the pieces fall out of the base very easy so check you bag if any are not on the base.

Yeah, got mine and stuff kept falling out of the board. Try to push one back in and two more popped out. Made scanning the boards for reference images a bit annoying 🙂

All parts present and accounted for, so not a real problem just a bit of a distraction.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

When is Gazette #8 shipping? posté le [09/01/2019] à 05:17

Quote from bartdevuyst on [08/01/2019] à 21:14

Original tokens have a matte finishing coating, which these new tokens do not have unfortunately. The new tokens of this gazette only feature coated paper, in printer terms. I’m a bit afraid the longevity of these tokens is less than regular HoN tokens. Time will tell. I’ll enjoy them for now, but matching quality would have been nicer and better.

Well, you can solve two issues with one solution — get a clear matte spray and coat the pieces with a thin coat. It will cut the glare AND help seal the decal on the pieces. But a light coat only. Test it on a piece of the board left over to ensure it will not cause an issue first, of course.

When is Gazette #8 shipping? posté le [09/01/2019] à 11:55

Citation de Samurai37 Le [08/01/2019] à 23:35

I also received mine in Michigan and found the quality to be less than par for previous tokens. DPG….please go back to previous printing companies. Much better quality in my opinion.

That is what will be done.

When is Gazette #8 shipping? posté le [09/01/2019] à 12:25

I also noticed the clear difference between these and other DPG products.

I don't mind the difference so much as it might been the only way to produce this one, last, gazette.

At least I now have the whole set! Gazettes #0 – #8. It was a good run. 🙂

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

When is Gazette #8 shipping? posté le [09/01/2019] à 12:34

Quote from Colhammer on [09/01/2019] à 12:25

At least I now have the whole set! Gazettes #0 – #8. It was a good run. 🙂

It sure was. Fantastic collection of unique units and scenario's here. I love the format.

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

When is Gazette #8 shipping? posté le [09/01/2019] à 19:22

Quote from bartdevuyst on [09/01/2019] à 12:34

It sure was. Fantastic collection of unique units and scenario's here. I love the format.

I agree. I like the fact that they are all interesting units that come with some scenarios specifically to use with them. Historical notes boost the value of the gazettes and I really like them.

The maps are nice, but long term I must admit I prefer terrain boards. However, the boards must (given the investment to get them) be more widely useful and thus more generic. The maps allow for much more specific terrain, so they bring some interesting challenges.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5