Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards
[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [20/06/2018] à 20:07

Hey folks!

DPG has just posted a News article with images of the Russian punchboards, so here is the chance for the community to see what is coming and if you see any errors speak up here.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [20/06/2018] à 21:42

You can see all the punchboards on Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1538673930/heroes-of-stalingrad-world-war-2-wargame-on-the-fr/posts/2218338

I must say I love the new arts for flamer and blast templates.

I also appreciate the addition of fisrt German Opp fire unit I asked for a long time 🙂

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [21/06/2018] à 16:45

I really love the fact that you only need ONE blast template 😀

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [21/06/2018] à 16:53

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [21/06/2018] à 16:45

I really love the fact that you only need ONE blast template 😀

Yes, that is pure design genius in my opinion! :mrgreen:

It makes room for quite a few other things on the punchboards!

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [21/06/2018] à 16:54

I'll repeat my comment from the Kickstarter comments page…

HoSta-CB-06-Front

Recto

Flamer Template

Combat Values are +4/+3/0.

Older Flamer Templates were +5/+2/0.

Is this change intentional?

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [21/06/2018] à 16:56

I don't like to see Pz I in the punchboards. They were obsolète in 1941 and not used in 1942 un combat Units. By this Time you Can find them only in panzerwaffe driving school. The only remaining light tank on panzerdivisions was the Pz II and only in aufklarung zug of the mittlere Kompanies.

Jamais un type n’a gagné une guerre en mourant pour sa patrie. On gagne en s’arrangeant pour que ce soit le type d’en face qui meure pour sa patrie. George Smith Patton

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [21/06/2018] à 18:07

CB-06 (Front and Back)

Is the Dynamite a bit too big for the token? This is more of a nit, but it seems about 5% too large.

CB-04 (Front)

Maria's tank has the designation as well as its special name, but Hans Maedi's tank just has his name. Unless that tank was actually build especially for Hans, it should have its designation as well. Is that a Pz III Aus J?

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [21/06/2018] à 20:30

For those checking the German boards, remember that you only need enough units to field all the available options… So when you are looking at 1 Bat. Pzgr-24.Pzr-Div. Reg 26 keep in mind that even though there are 3 Support Options (each requiring 2 Fire Teams) only two of them can be fielded by the Regiment, so the Regiment only needs 6 Fire Teams total.

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [21/06/2018] à 22:30

Question :

Do 'Generic' options need a divisional icon or the army icon ?

CB-03-FRONT

Look for example at the 2 'Pak 38' guns, the right one is part of the unit (unit colours) and has the divisional icon in its top-left corner. The other Pak 38 is a 'generic' one (unit colour grey-black-grey) and has the 'german' icon in its top-left corner. What about the Sharpshooters on that same board ? (2 above the left Pak 38) It is a 'generic' unit but still has the divisional icon ?

CB-01-FRONT

Is there a difference between the 'generic' russian icon and the specific divisional icon ? (Look at the Fire Teams, they all have the same icon but 3 of them are 'generic' while the others have the unit colours)

Is this intentional ?

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [22/06/2018] à 13:23

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [21/06/2018] à 18:07

CB-06 (Front and Back)

Is the Dynamite a bit too big for the token? This is more of a nit, but it seems about 5% too large.

Yes, the Dynamite image look too large!

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [22/06/2018] à 13:27

HOSTA-CB-03-Front

Sharpshooters COUNTER (front side)

This counter should have the command german badge, not the one from the PZGR-24 REG 26!

The back/ambush side of this counter is fine!

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [22/06/2018] à 13:31

HOSTA-CB-03-Front + Back

Just a quick check-up about flipping units.

Vehicles flip horizontally. (like HoN)

Infantry flips vertically. (like HoN)

I see that the PAK38 cannons also flip horizontally. Is this the same as in HoN?

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [22/06/2018] à 13:38

Quote from Eclo on [21/06/2018] à 22:30

CB-01-FRONT

Is there a difference between the 'generic' russian icon and the specific divisional icon ? (Look at the Fire Teams, they all have the same icon but 3 of them are 'generic' while the others have the unit colours)

Is this intentional ?

Good point! Maybe the units off both Russian Rifle Battalions should have be this 'crossed oars' symbol? Instead of the common Russian star.

A quick mock-up:

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [22/06/2018] à 16:40

Quote from bartdevuyst on [22/06/2018] à 13:27

HOSTA-CB-03-Front

Sharpshooters COUNTER (front side)

This counter should have the command german badge, not the one from the PZGR-24 REG 26!

The back/ambush side of this counter is fine!

Exactly my point (see my previous post)… only I used a lot more words and didn't explain it as good as you 😎

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [22/06/2018] à 16:49

Quote from bartdevuyst on [22/06/2018] à 13:38

Good point! Maybe the units off both Russian Rifle Battalions should have be this 'crossed oars' symbol? Instead of the common Russian star.

A quick mock-up:

Like your mock-up.

It would be nice if we got some feedback about this issue from DPG.

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [25/06/2018] à 21:41

Quote from bartdevuyst on [22/06/2018] à 13:31

I see that the PAK38 cannons also flip horizontally. Is this the same as in HoN?

I am not aware of any defined standard.

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [25/06/2018] à 21:44

Quote from Eclo on [22/06/2018] à 16:49

It would be nice if we got some feedback about this issue from DPG.

DPG is buried in work at the moment, but you can rest assured your comments are being passed on as part of the QA process.

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [27/06/2018] à 15:50

Hi,

The symbol is a good question, we are minding about this.

Community Manager Devil Pig Games

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [28/06/2018] à 19:14

My reaction on seeing German generic Owerwatch character:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/698/184/317.jpg

BP1-03 FRONT

D.Kintz

Tripod ability symbol. It's kinda weird, he has it on front but not on back and he has healthy and wounded side as well so something isn't quite right.

[Preview] Core Box Russian Boards posté le [29/06/2018] à 13:11

I don't know if it was intended but HoS flamethrowers have basic +0 against heavy vehicles while HoN ones have X, also HoN German Assault Groups have +0 against heavy vehicles while HoS have X.

Maybe that's how it's meant to be but I think giving Assault Groups (and perhabs Soviet Assault Teams as well) +0 against heavy vehicles could bring some fun to the game. I know that this means they could damage tanks from distance, but they could also be used to assault tanks and I think it is a cool concept.

I also think that AT tifles should get +2 against heavy vehicles, PaK38s +4 (PaK40 has +5) and Russian At gun +3 (pretty much rising their stars by 1).

I am not a game designer and I might be wrong about the things described above, if that's the case please correct me and explain why you think otherwise, I am really curious about it 🙂

Pages : 1 2