Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2 3
So... DPG's broke?
So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 17:03

Just got this email from them. It sure seems like they are now broke. Too many projects and can't meet commitments. They say at the bottom that they hope this answers all our questions, but it doesn't answer the most important one, being the status on everything outstanding. HOBR is supposedly on sale in French stores, but the preorders are still in the dark. I don't know about others, that's the only one I'm waiting on.

"Announce to every DPG account / Annonce à tous les comptes DPG

Dear customers and supporters, it has been far too long since we have last communicated with you.

Unfortunately, there is a reason for this: we are sorry to inform you that Devil Pig Games is in a particularly critical situation. We remain hopeful of getting out of this difficult time and fully assume our responsibility in the situation. A strategy error on the Kickstarter Strategic Resupply led to the fact that we worked at a loss. The relatively healthy situation so far then deteriorated sharply and our efforts were not enough to reverse the trend.

We have committed in too many projects and could not deliver. We hold ourselves accountable in front of you, our customers and our supporters, and apologize for not living up to our commitments.

This has impacts that some of you have already noticed: we had to prioritize project outputs according to their ease of implementation rather than their projected exit date for cash flow reasons. Some more recent projects have therefore been released before earlier ones.

For several months now, in order to minimize our operating costs and while all the production files of the various ongoing projects have already been finalized, we have also had to make a difficult choice: to put 4 members of our team out of work. The evolution of the situation will hopefully allow us to bring them back, but there is no guarantee at the moment.

Our objective remains to deliver what we promised.

The main issue today is to find the finances for our suppliers so that they can unblock shipments of products that are already manufactured. If we can sell some of our inventory, we will.

If you want to help us, don't hesitate to complete your collections of products already available: every euro will count to speed up the process.

We need to find an investor who can help us unlock the situation. If you are interested, you can contact us.

Another difficult decision: we have decided not to launch a new project until we have resolved the current situation.

As a result, we will better promote our assets and our range. In practice, this means publishing official scenarios for all products in the Heroes System range. We believe that this lack of scenarios has been a barrier for those who want to acquire some extensions. You already know the two scriptwriters who are coming to our rescue: Thia for Heroes of Normandy and Guillaume for Shadows over Normandy. For those who are interested, please note that any help available will be welcome.

We believe that a system only lives if there is something new and we will therefore offer you Print & Play items on our website to feed the range.

We will also change the way we communicate. We will be more present and more regularly, thanks in particular to Guillaume, who has offered us his support. You can consider his posts and answers as official answers. However, we ask you for a little understanding during the implementation of this new communication.

For tomorrow: our priority will be to refocus on our flagship game system, the Heroes System. The other systems will not be forgotten: we are multiplying contacts to try to find buyers and are confident that this will be successful.

We will also focus on our know-how: designing games. Our team has always been a small team of passionate and creative people, not managers, and we are therefore looking for a partner with whom we can partner to take over the financial and logistical management. We have contacted various players in the gaming industry and we hope that we will find common ground. But it is too early to tell you more about it.

We hope that this message will answer your questions. We thank you all for your support and loyalty, which gives us the strength to fight in this difficult time. Be convinced that we hope that the Devil Pig Games adventure will continue to offer you games that you will enjoy playing.

The Devil Pig Team"

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 17:16

Yep, they are bankrupt and I lost my money

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 17:22

Indeed, this explains the situation, but does not informs us about the imideate consequences.

Might be a good idea to address what is happening to placed orders on existing stuff, to preorders and the Kickstarter campaigns.

"Another difficult decision: we have decided not to launch a new project until we have resolved the current situation."

Well, that might have been a wiser choice, before things went of track…

And while I get the idea of "If you want to help us, don't hesitate to complete your collections of products already available: every euro will count to speed up the process." I am a bit reluctant to place another order, till the a.m. questions are answered.

Well, sounds most likley a bit pissed and it is, but reassuring the customer base about what is going to happen to stuff People have paid for and expexct might have a wiser move.

Anyway all my best wishes, that they are able to solve this somehow.

And thats only partly out of the egoistical Motivation to receive the ordered stuff.

I like what the guys put out so far

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 17:27

Quote from chamberlanderic on [25/09/2018] à 17:16

Poor you, among beeing not the only one, other people lost their job. Compared to that you are of lightly.

Additionally, where does it say that?

Indicators are ther, but till this is officially announced, they still can solve this.

Let's hope we will be surprised.

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 17:36

Quote from chamberlanderic on [25/09/2018] à 17:16

You are jumping to conclusion. I hate the negativity here and on the Kickstarter comments pages. So much hate, it’s incredible.

At the moment DPG did not say they are bankrupt. It's a different message. Please be patient. Time will tell.

On orders. I made one a few days ago and it got shipped. I hope that confirms that the doors aren’t closed yet.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 17:42

Citation de chamberlanderic Le [25/09/2018] à 17:16

They say that "products are already manufactured". So nothing is lost right now. If they could find some cash, the show should go on…

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 18:10

Oo. Sad news. Well, I won't jump into conclusions yet. Just have to wait and see what happens next.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 18:37

Quote from cdmdu on [25/09/2018] à 17:42

Citation de chamberlanderic Le [25/09/2018] à 17:16

They say that "products are already manufactured". So nothing is lost right now. If they could find some cash, the show should go on…

Seems the usual way is to launch another product to pay for the last…

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 18:37

“Always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves”

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 18:48

Shame 🙁 🙁 I'm hoping they get through. I love this system and the graphics. And ofcourse it would be epic for the guys who are working so hard with DPG to keep on doing what they like!

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 19:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fisqGENobc

"have a little faith baby … have a little faith" – Oddjob

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 21:58

Before everyone panics, you might want to re-read the letter. They said they have cut back on staffing now that all the files are complete for production, and they are focusing on getting those products delivered.

Those "promised products" in theory includes HoS. I don't know the final status but I know that the rulebook was done and the board files were done. I really do hope that HoS makes it, because I and other folks worked very hard to make that a useful and clear rulebook. I have not seen the final edit so I cannot say if everything was implemented, but it was looking really good.

The other products are printed, but not yet released by the manufacturer. So now that the HoBR stuff is in the EU sales from that may help unlock something else for shipment. But that is entirely a guess on my part and I am certainly not promising anything!

I am certainly not saying that taking a pragmatic or even pessimistic view of things is not the safer option. I am profoundly disappointed that this was covered up for so long and cannot agree with the way things were handled. But by the same token things are not a guaranteed failure yet.

Obviously, I was too optimistic and other posters called it correctly a while ago where I denied the signs. That does not change the Heroes System being a favorite game system of mine and one I want to see continue so I can enjoy the chance to play. So I will wait and hope, but I fault no one for not being willing to do the same.

DPG as a design house exclusively where some other company handles the production and fulfillment of any products is a corner that needed to be turned a while ago. Time will tell if the corner was turned in time now or if the crash is inevitable.

I hope it is not.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 22:23

Such a shame, this is a great game system. I hope they manage to sort out their situation for everyone's sake.

So... DPG's broke? posté le [25/09/2018] à 23:49

Hoping for the best here.

So... DPG's broke? posté le [26/09/2018] à 06:24

I had just sent in an order this weekend and got confirmation today (the 25th) that the shipment has been sent out.

I also threw down for the kickstarter on HoS when that had started, as well as the HoN card game, so have myself a bit invested in their continuation.

So I say…

Don't jump to the conclusion that your money is lost. DPG has been top notch so far, and I'm expecting they will keep all promises made. Sadly they've cut a couple of crew, but I would trust that they are doing all possible to make right with us devotees.

And just to say… I have never come across another website that so wholeheartedly supported a games fanbase. DPG online has been fantastic. If for no other reason than that I hope they find the financing they need to pull through for us all.

So... DPG's broke? posté le [26/09/2018] à 06:49

Keep in mind the products they need more money to release have already been paid for by the customers and may not generate much, if any, new income.

I wouldn't expect a huge flock of people making new purchases from a company whose just admitted they have been lying to people for years and have essentially been running a ponzi scheme.

The letter also imply the money they just got for HoS is gone (or they would use it to release manufactured games no?) and they aren't running a new KS anytime soon (no new income).

It sounds like they are hoping for a gift from someone with more money then brains, because you don't "invest" in a product that's already been paid for, will generate little to no income and give you no return on that investment.

If they had decent collateral or a good credit rating and a decent reputation financially there are these things called banks, which loan companies money or issue them credit lines.

If there at the point of admitting how bad the situation is (given how long they've been lying to backers they wouldn't stop now unless the shit has really hit the fan) they've either already burned through there credit line (or are too financially irresponsible to get one), can't get a loan (again, financially irresponsible) and are essentially bankrupt.

For the sake of people who've been swindled by these crooks I hope they get just enough to finish the projects.

As for people losing there jobs…

That's what is SUPPOSED to happen when people and companies fail at there jobs. Its how bad companies, like this one, get weeded out and new, better companies emerge that can do things right.

The only people who should feel sorry are the people who failed so miserably at there jobs they ran the company into the ground and in the process screwed the backers and employees who trusted them.

So... DPG's broke? posté le [26/09/2018] à 18:13

Quote from JEdwards17 on [26/09/2018] à 06:49

Keep in mind the products they need more money to release have already been paid for by the customers and may not generate much, if any, new income.

You make many good points in your post, but you are jumping to some conclusions. I am not saying you are not justified in your anger and disgust that things are in the state they are at present.

One conclusion you jumped to is that an entire print run only goes to backers so there is little value to other projects in it. That is not the case. Some of the HoBR print run (for example) is for use in retail, and those retail sales are not pre-ordered. So some of that will be cash coming in to help free up some of the other stuff including rewards for backers.

DPG has reached a point where some material is currently held at the printer and they laid off staff they cannot afford to keep now that development is complete. That information was included as relevant to the outstanding "burn rate" rather than a call for sympathy.

It is not good and I am not trying to sugarcoat it, but by the same token the development was done. I saw the development on most of HoS as I was one of the volunteers working on edits and ensuring all the relevant stuff was in the rulebook.

I must admit that even in a "best case" situation where the HoS money is being retained for use on HoS, I don't see how it can get printed if DPG's usual printer is currently holding previous orders until they get paid… but I am not "in the know" on current plans.

How familiar are you with the working of French Commercial banks? I have no idea how difficult it is to get a commercial loan in France, so I would not draw any conclusions about it.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

So... DPG's broke? posté le [26/09/2018] à 18:23

Quote from Kingprawn on [26/09/2018] à 06:24

I had just sent in an order this weekend and got confirmation today (the 25th) that the shipment has been sent out.

Just wanted to chip in as well, they are still shipping orders. My order from the 22nd got shipped yesterday as well. Now it's just fingers crossed for HoS.

So... DPG's broke? posté le [27/09/2018] à 00:52

I made a large order of HoN things from their EU location and received it about a month or two ago. This says nothing about the status of newer products, however. I hope the HoS KS did not just screw everyone…

Rand

So... DPG's broke? posté le [27/09/2018] à 04:18

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=11447.0#postid-73911

I have not heard directly from DPG, but apparently GDuprez has said that HoSTA is still "in process". Thankfully DPG apparently did not, in fact, use one to fuel the other project… where currently the only outstanding product is the card game.

This is not a "sky is falling" catastrophe, it is just DPG being honest about some outstanding issues that have impacted customer service as well as one project.

Pages : 1 2 3