Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Saving Private Rex US Victory
Saving Private Rex US Victory posté le [11/11/2018] à 04:26

So we played this scenario last night and in the last turn, Rex was with a US unit near the US deployment zone. A German unit fired, causing Rex to run in the opposite direction. So the US player rolled and moved in the opposite direction, which happen to be right into the US deployment zone. Rex has enough moves to actually move off the board via the US deployment zone if he wanted to. It states that Rex can’t move off the board. However it also states that the US player wins if he moves Rex off the board via the US deployment zone. It doesn’t say that Rex needs to be with a US unit in order to move off the board through the US deployment zone. So we played it as a US victory, but have been wondering about it. What do you think? Is there any rules or text somewhere we might be missing to backup which way it should of been played? It means the difference between a US victory or a German victory.

Saving Private Rex US Victory posté le [11/11/2018] à 08:37

"Rex's movement automatically ends on the last space before leaving the gameboard"

&

"… Rex crosses or ends his movement on an American unit, he stays with it and tags along with the unit"

I understood those 2 rules as : Rex can only leave the board if the unit he tags along with leaves the board, if he is running around on his own he will never leave.

Quote from rubasurex on [11/11/2018] à 04:26

It doesn’t say that Rex needs to be with a US unit in order to move off the board through the US deployment zone.

No, but it does say that he can't leave on his own.

So, in your case Rex was running around on his own and the rule forbids him to leave (no matter which space it was) so -> German victory

(this is how I would have played it which does not mean it is always correct 😉 )

Saving Private Rex US Victory posté le [11/11/2018] à 11:09

Yeah that’s how I interpreted it too. But I was the German player, which is why I’ve come here. To make sure I’m not being biased.

Saving Private Rex US Victory posté le [11/11/2018] à 12:22

I understand the biased thing (totally depends on the person you play against)

But this rule is pretty simple : "Rex's movement automatically ends on the last space before leaving the gameboard". Your opponent can't misunderstand this.

German victory !! 😉

Pages : 1