Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
[Website] Some improvements I would like to see.
[Website] Some Improvements I would like to see posté le [12/11/2018] à 14:59

DPG could really use an overhaul of their website. First page should ask you to choose your region, then dump you to an entirely language specific site. Right now there are a bunch of entries in the store that aren't translated, french scenarios that pop up in the DL sections…They need to reorganize the entire setup and get matching inventories. How can I order the promo heroes that are only two bucks if I have to pay 40 in shipping? I could easily toss them on a larger US order, but they arent available…I know DPG is working to fix their current sales slump, and I really think getting their online presence squared away would be a big help.

And if they do work on it..stop making people log in to download scenarios. That is annoying as Hell.

[Moderator: Post on website moved to new thread]

« Fear is for the enemy…fear and bullets. »

[Website] Some improvements I would like to see. posté le [12/11/2018] à 18:54

I don't know why the language preference is not auto-included on Download searches, that one seems a no-brainer.

However, considering DPG is currently a collection of volunteers who work a day job with only a couple of full time game (not web) developers and they are struggling to get past a cash crunch it will likely be a while before the website is going to get updated.

As to the scenario downloads, considering the download page links the scenarios to required materials (and thus will warn you if you are missing a requirement before you download it) as well as tracking recommendations and such, I cannot say I agree with your point about downloads. Having to deal with the spam that shows up also makes me happy to restrict access to most sections down to people who have a valid login helps keep the noise down.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Website] Some improvements I would like to see. posté le [12/11/2018] à 20:32

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [12/11/2018] à 18:54

I don't know why the language preference is not auto-included on Download searches, that one seems a no-brainer.

However, considering DPG is currently a collection of volunteers who work a day job with only a couple of full time game (not web) developers and they are struggling to get past a cash crunch it will likely be a while before the website is going to get updated.

As to the scenario downloads, considering the download page links the scenarios to required materials (and thus will warn you if you are missing a requirement before you download it) as well as tracking recommendations and such, I cannot say I agree with your point about downloads. Having to deal with the spam that shows up also makes me happy to restrict access to most sections down to people who have a valid login helps keep the noise down.

Yeah I don't expect sweeping changes overnight, it would take some time in even the best of circumstances. I'm just looking at it from the perspective of the best cash flow comes from new customers, and right now those are going to be harder to get with a website with poor stock and confusing navigation. I don't want it to come off as judgmental, rather something that may be helpful to them. Some of them are far easier, like actually making sure things are translated (I believe for one example all the HoBR storage is still in French no matter which store you look in)

« Fear is for the enemy…fear and bullets. »

Pages : 1