Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
HoS Retrofit for HoN
HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 06:12

Saw an interesting discussion in the French forums. This is all very roughly translated by me, so there could well be errors on my part. It was a thread asking about potentially adding the new Airstrike system (as seen in HoBR and eventually HoS) to HoN.

Yann was asking if people would be interested in a potential retro-fit kit to add the new Aviation system into HoN.

He proposed two options (badly translated by me):

1) a kind of Gazette with a series of planes. Simple & effective.

2) A Shadows Hunters style Battle pack with Four Tiles with a Normany compatible side and a Stalingrad airfield on the other side. Along with two punchboards with the plane and scenery elements.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A COMMITMENT TO MAKE THE ITEM. He was just asking if there was interest, and in which version.

There was also an interesting discussion of contents of the Battle pack (poorly translated again):

It was the idea of ​​having at least two planes in set elements (overlays). And some pilots also they could have to join their planes under the fire of the enemies to be able to take off and participate in the defense of the base.

In short a lot of things to do in terms of scenarios.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 07:48

Your translations are perfectly fine! :mrgreen:

The concepts sound really fun and cool so far!

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 08:49

Wow! I'm very interested in both possibilities!

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 08:52

Heck yeah! 😀

I would buy either (or both) of those options if they will become available.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 14:24

Could you elaborate on exactly how those work? I haven't seen the rules for either. Would these systems replace the airstrike cards in the decks?

« Fear is for the enemy…fear and bullets. »

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 14:59

Quote from Nagash1959 on [19/11/2018] à 14:24

Could you elaborate on exactly how those work? I haven't seen the rules for either. Would these systems replace the airstrike cards in the decks?

It replaces the Airstrike cards because they were a bit clumsy in usage (you could play an entire game without drawing such a card, for instance). It works like in Heroes of Black Reach. It's explained rather well in this Kickstarter post.

Quote from the Heroes of Black Reach rulebook

Aircraft

Units with this Special Ability are not present on the battlefield: they fly over it. They always have Clear LoS to every Unit except those inside Buildings. On the other hand, all Units without the Limited Range Special Ability also have clear LoS to all Aircraft Units. An Aircraft Unit may take a Firing Action only if a Numbered or a Special Order Token has been placed on its Recruitment Tile.

Aviation Tiles

Unlike other Recruitment Tiles, they do not add counters that are placed on the battlefield. Instead, these Units exist "off board." To activate these Units, you must place an Order Token on their Support Tile.

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 16:12

Oh wow…read the link…where do I throw the money at? The monitor?

So yeah, I'd support the heck out of doing these as Gazettes. Maybe do this for Arty too? Replace Training cards with drawing the cards at the beginning? I'm cool with overhauling it.

I really, really like this. And it makes my GMC16 from the Extra Units suuuuppper awesome.

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 16:34

OK, so I've thought about the actual format a bit and have a better response to Nostradunwhich's actual question…

I'd like to see it released not as a gazette, but as a very compact Scenario style pack. Heroes Of Normandie: Skies Over Europe or something like that. A simple rules sheet in both languages, punchboards for all the factions aircrafts and one or two new ground AA (since that will start to be important) And of course a few board tiles. I think it's better than a Gazette because it would allow for a number of options per faction and to cover all the factions in one go. Gazettes would likely take a few issues to get everyone up to speed and that could take a considerable amount of time.

So yeah, scenario expansion would have my vote for how to package it.

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 16:41

Looks like Yann is trying some things out because he loves it so much!

Quote from yann on [19/11/2018] à 16:08

Bon j'ais craquer :mrgreen:

j'ais du faire un test en urgence ca m'as pris comme une grosse envie…

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 18:29

Quote from Nagash1959 on [19/11/2018] à 16:34

…A simple rules sheet in both languages, punchboards for all the factions aircrafts and one or two new ground AA (since that will start to be important) And of course a few board tiles.

I agree with your post, but I really think your point about the AA is spot on! Those need to be included in whatever gets released. The Extra Units board is long out of print at this point, so it would be nice to be able to have AA now that Aircraft have suddenly become more "reliable".

Bart, can you pass that on to Yann or has that already been discussed in the French forums?

As to your previous post…For the Artillery, those have already been shifting in later expansions. There is now an Order with Artillery tokens so you can call in Arty a few times per game. given the scale of HSTS that works really well.

I think the Training cards are fine as they are currently implemented. Most of the important bonuses for Airborne are already abilities on the units, the cards are simply inline with a Surprise or No as they are extra twists that can turn the tide of battle if they show up at the right time 🙂

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 18:30

Quote from bartdevuyst on [19/11/2018] à 16:41

Looks like Yann is trying some things out because he loves it so much!

Sweet!

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 18:52

As to your previous post…For the Artillery, those have already been shifting in later expansions. There is now an Order with Artillery tokens so you can call in Arty a few times per game. given the scale of HSTS that works really well.

Now I feel extra dumb, because I *own* the 4th armored, 7th armored and 1SS…and I totally forgot that was done there.

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [19/11/2018] à 23:24

Sounds like a great plan!!

John Tielemans

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [20/11/2018] à 01:07

for the retrofit, I'll gladly take either option, but would prefer the battle pack approach.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [20/11/2018] à 19:09

Clem Stated on the French Forum that the Battle pack has won and they will be working on it.

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [20/11/2018] à 22:32

Quote from Samurai37 on [20/11/2018] à 19:09

Clem Stated on the French Forum that the Battle pack has won and they will be working on it.

hahah yes! I'm glad this option won. Looks like there's still something new to buy for my heroes collection! <3

Great move guys! ^_^

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [21/11/2018] à 05:23

This will open up a can of worms. German fighters on one side spitfires on the other. We will need rules for air to air combat! Sweet, and the doors for a new game are born that may cement the pigs in wargaming history

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [21/11/2018] à 10:58

New AA units confirmed by Yann in the french forums!

Quote from yann on [21/11/2018] à 09:58

Citation de bartdevuyst Le [21/11/2018] à 09:15

Tiens, Yann & Clem, vous ajouterez aussi des nouvelles unités anti-air ?

Ben oui :mrgreen:

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [21/11/2018] à 20:58

Sweet! AA has suddenly become a lot more important :mrgreen:

HoS Retrofit for HoN posté le [21/11/2018] à 21:21

Glad to see they are moving ahead with more HoN/SoN projects, and this one sounds fantastic! My only concern with airplane cutouts is with them covering up other units on the board and making things more cluttered or knocking around tokens. If you have a transport vehicle with a couple of units in it, who have been suppressed, you've already got a fair pile of tokens in a small space. I think putting planes on top of that kind of situation might make it a bit too messy…

I've been waiting years for more to do with anti-aircraft units, and now we may have the possibility of air-to-air combat! This is exciting news! I'm glad they have decided to go with the larger expansion — I'll take as much new material as they can sell me!

Pages : 1 2