Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2 3
French Militia Project
French Milicia Project posté le [19/12/2018] à 11:17

Really cool! I'd go with four counters. These troopers are weak… so the more the merrier! Cannon fodder, you say? :mrgreen:

Maybe translate the vertical unit name on the counter to English too? Now it says 'Cyclistes' in French, or was that intentional?

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

French Milicia Project posté le [19/12/2018] à 13:21

Citation de bartdevuyst Le [19/12/2018] à 11:17

Maybe translate the vertical unit name on the counter to English too? Now it says 'Cyclistes' in French, or was that intentional?

Thank you Bart. Indeed, that's a mistake.

French Milicia Project posté le [19/12/2018] à 13:23

As I'm going wild, there comes a big chunk: the non-permanent Franc-Gardes, also called Bénévoles (volunteers), or Bénés, as they were affectively nicknamed by the permanents Franc-Gardes.

By manner of speaking, and to help non-francophone’s understanding, we called them simply Miliciens (Militians), even if this title is not quite true.

These Miliciens had the Franc-Gardes status, but didn’t live in barracks.

They didn’t count in the number of members of Trentaines or Centaines, composed solely of permanent Franc-Gardes, who lived in barracks.

They then lived at home, with their families, but and might be called at any time to go into action.

Their training was therefore less regular than permanent Franc-Garde's training, and their military value was even worse.

We chose to create 2 large Recruitment options with common color stripes.

A Trentaine of Franc-Gardes may then call a group of Miliciens, in addition to its regular staff.

Here they are.

Monsieur Paul’s Militians section

Monsieur Paul

Mademoiselle Louison’s Militians section

Mademoiselle Louison

Leaded Militians Counter, brought into battle by a permanent Franc-Garde,

and the Militian counters

Citation de JanHoos Le [16/12/2018] à 13:11

Why did you chose to make the cowardice mostly symbolic?

Another option to make these troops worse than the more organised armys, might be to reduce the to hit bonus to +1?

You've got your answer, JanHoos. : )

French Milicia Project posté le [19/12/2018] à 13:35

Awesome! I'm in love with the big bosomed Mlle Louison. :mrgreen:

Shouldn't that Charm ability's range be 6? I bet you can see her guns from far away. :mrgreen: 😉

What do you mean with 'Leaded' Militians?

Leaded means 'made of lead'. (le plomb) 🙂

Militians isn't a word either in English. Militia is plural already.

I think you can keep the French word of 'Miliciens'.

Milice française translates to French Militia, or plain simply the Milice.

French Milicia Project posté le [19/12/2018] à 16:50

And another large Recruitment Option:

The Recruitment Option Convoy

It consists of 2 heavy trucks Citroën type 45, spontaneously lent by french civilians.

It is a further signal, if ever it was needed of the massive french population’s support to the great National Revolution project led by the Maréchal.

A beautifuil military equipment in anticipation of the future arrests of bolchevik-influenced terrorists !

The Recruitment Option Convoy

And the Citroën type 45 counters

To be continued !

French Milicia Project posté le [19/12/2018] à 20:26

With such amounts of trucks and cars, there is a huge transport capacity. Scenario maps can be quite big.

Also deployment can start in the middle of a terrain board with troops arriving and jumping out of trucks.

Missions or campaigns could take place in different stages on several locations with troops being moved by truck.

Ambushes migth prevent or delay the arrival of troops or reinforcements might show up way more swiftly.

The "leaded milicians" seem to have an NCO with them.

"NCO Squad" might be a better name?

Or make a difference between "Trained Militia" counters and "Green (untrained) Militia"

Or use "Trained Militia" and just "Militia" to keep it simple.

The units with the NCO seem to have the very same stats as those without NCO. It is somewhat pointless to make different units if they turn out to be just the same as far as gameplay is concerned.

Maybe the ones being ordered by an NCO (or having had more training than the others) might get a plus here or there?

+1 movement/+1 firing or combat?

Instead of "Milicians", just "Militia" or "Volunteers" is better.

"Mr Paul's Militia".

French Milicia Project posté le [19/12/2018] à 22:23

Perhaps the NCO should have the NCO ability to support an order token? Would also matter if you use the morale rules.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

French Milicia Project posté le [20/12/2018] à 05:09

Haha cool!! Now I understand 🙂 🙂

Great new updates to the project.

@bart that’s no way to talk about a lady 😉 😉 😉

French Milicia Project posté le [20/12/2018] à 15:55

Citation de bartdevuyst Le [19/12/2018] à 13:35

What do you mean with 'Leaded' Militians?

Leaded means 'made of lead'. (le plomb) 🙂

Ok, "to lead" is an irregular. I mean to say "Militians with a leader".

Then I think it must be "Led Militians", isn't it?

Citation de Moomer Le [19/12/2018] à 20:26

The units with the NCO seem to have the very same stats as those without NCO. It is somewhat pointless to make different units if they turn out to be just the same as far as gameplay is concerned.

Actually, they're not the same. 🙂

Led Militians counter has the Character Trait "Bodyguard" while Militians have the Character Trait "Substitute".

Originally, we created only one kind of Militians counters which had both Bodyguard and Substitute, but we agreed with Clem that it was too much powerful.

That's why there are now two kinds of Militians counters, one with Bodyguard, and the two others with Substitute.

As we discussed with Gduprez on french forum, we chose to use the effects of Bodyguard and Substitute to simulate militian's clumsiness: Militians always stand where they shouldn't, and receive stray bullets in place of more experienced Franc-Gardes.

French Milicia Project posté le [20/12/2018] à 16:29

Thanks for the explanations. Please don't use the words Militians or Milicians, they do not exist. :mrgreen:

These are your options. I agree with Moomer's comments.

– Militia (for regular troops)

– Militia Leader (for the Leader Group)

– Mr. Paul's Militia

French Milicia Project posté le [20/12/2018] à 16:35

Ok, thank you.

Actually, we'll use the french word "Miliciens".

I was using what I believed to be the correct english translation just for a while.

French Milicia Project posté le [20/12/2018] à 20:58

The icons look very similar. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the explanation.

Instead of "Led Miliciens", I would suggest :

Commanded Miliciens or if that is too earnest,

Directed Miliciens or if that is still too serious,

Supervised Miliciens.

French Milicia Project posté le [21/12/2018] à 15:37

Today, it’s the turn of the badass, the early soldiers of the Légion des Volontaires Français (LVF), survivors of the Eastern Front and now back to France.

Psychologically destroyed, violents and ideologically motivated, they massvely became instructors in French Militia, and attempted to transform this jumble into a coherent military set.

They oversaw the most deserving Franc-Gardes, furnishing them the best stuff that can be retrieved in french Army stocks and Allied weapon airdrops.

OR Instructor + Sharpshooter

1st Instructeur

Sharpshooters counter

OR Instructor + PIAT

2nd Instructeur

PIAT counter

The next Recruitment Option is the first unit with HQ color stripes we introduice.

It is a .30 cal found on an allied airdrop, and diverted by an instructor for himself.

OR Instructor + .30Cal

3rd Instructor

.30cal counter

French Milicia Project posté le [03/01/2019] à 08:37

What a great topic.

After reading your post, I bought the Osprey book:

WWII Vichy French Security Troops.

After reading the book, I think you should also create a few:

– Groupes Mobile de Reserve

and

– Gardes Communication

(which are good to combine with the railroad set) :mrgreen:

Please go on with your great work and I hope to see a P500 projekt soon with cool scenarios.

French Milicia Project posté le [03/01/2019] à 11:42

Hy Loki,

Thank you!

Actually, the Groupes Mobiles de Réserve (GMR) are already on the box. Molpox has already started drawing some sketches. But we'll publish them after finishing our French Militia project.

Note that we plan to create a Vichy France Card Deck, and not a French Militia Card Deck.

Among all these cards, some will be common to all Vichy France’s factions, and some will be reserved either to French Militia, or to the i]Groupes Mobiles de Réserve, etc…

Topic Affaiblir la Milice: https://www.devil-pig-games.com/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=11107.0

French Milicia Project posté le [03/01/2019] à 18:41

Quote from Moulardo on [03/01/2019] à 11:42

Hy Loki,

Thank you!

Actually, the Groupes Mobiles de Réserve (GMR) are already on the box. Molpox has already started drawing some sketches. But we'll publish them after finishing our French Militia project.

Note that we plan to create a Vichy France Card Deck, and not a French Militia Card Deck.

Among all these cards, some will be common to all Vichy France’s factions, and some will be reserved either to French Militia, or to the i]Groupes Mobiles de Réserve, etc…

Great I am looking forward to this project 🙂

French Militia Project posté le [07/01/2019] à 17:26

Today, 7 small Recruitment Options.

Recruitment Option «Grenade »

Recruitment Option «Ammo»

Recruitment Option «Molotov Cocktail»

Recruitment Option «Vétéran»

Nothing particularly new for these four OR.

Recruitment Option « Collabo Basterds »

It is of course the equivalent of the OR Nazi Basterds for French Militia.

May be "Collabo Scums" instead of "Collabo Basterds" ?

And 2 Recruitment Options which affect the Anti-Cards use :

Recruitment Option « Le Serment ».

This recruitment option allows to the French Militia player not to include the Perfidious Cards into his deck.

However, he must as usual include the Shady Recruitment Cards into his deck.

And the Recruitment Option « Beaujolais »

It allows to get 3 Beaujolais counters. Each of them allows to ignore once the effects of the Character Trait Cowards.

French Militia Project posté le [07/01/2019] à 23:02

Dear HQ officers,

Here is the French Militia’s High Command Tile, the Recruitment Tile of the 2nd Centaine de Paris.

It is not complete for now : the HQ officer’s portrait is still missing. We are still not clear about his identity and his appearence.

His name Murat is thereby only a temporary name.

Murat is always accompanied by his aide-de-camp, which drives him in his lovely Simca 5.

For the skeptics, it is at a correct scale. 😛

Our 1st HQ Recruitment Option will come ery soon !

Moulardo.

French Militia Project posté le [07/01/2019] à 23:52

Very cool work, once again! Love that tiny little car! So we can fit two officers in there? Cosy! :mrgreen:

HQ Tile is called Command Tile or High Command Tile in English. 😉

French Militia Project posté le [08/01/2019] à 00:29

Citation de bartdevuyst Le [07/01/2019] à 23:52

HQ Tile is called Command Tile or High Command Tile in English. 😉

Done 🙂

Topic Affaiblir la Milice: https://www.devil-pig-games.com/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=11107.0

Pages : 1 2 3