Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Orks: use of Grenades and ammo
Orks: use of Grenades and ammo posté le [23/11/2018] à 13:29

Hello, i am a little bit confused about the use of the gear option grenades and ammo on ork side. This gear option has black and white stripes. So following the rules, that only units with the same base colour stripes matching the gear options stripes can use them. This works well for the space marines with their blue-white and turqouise-white base. so the scout sniper can only profit from the camo cloak and i.e. Sgt. Vorolanus or tactical from ammo, but on on the ork side this would mean, to come back to the headline, only mek gun, malagrah, ammo runts, grot oiler and also the squigs can profit/ use grenades and ammo. I hope u can understand, that this makes not realy sense and is not realistic. And also to add this to this units, u have to go a complicated way, when you are building your army (i.e. Choose green raiders add granades + support tile battelwagon and add mek gun, so that at least mek gun can use the granades)

Did i get sth. wrong?

Thanks for help

Orks: use of Grenades and ammo posté le [23/11/2018] à 16:31

I think you're getting it wrong. :mrgreen:

Only units with the same matching stripes AS THE RECRUITMENT TILE can use the options that sit in their recruitment tile.

For example. All four Sluggas of the Green Raiders recruitment tile can use the common gear option 'Grenades'. (The Grenade option's stripe colours are only there to fit the correct slot). A unit added to another recruitment slot in the same recruitment tile — by a Support Option (like a Killakan) for instance — has different stripes than the stripe colours on the SIDE of the Recruitment Tile it sits in, so it cannot use that gear option.

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

Orks: use of Grenades and ammo posté le [23/11/2018] à 17:51

Mh… Regardless that killakan is a light vehicle and cannot use grenades, his stripes are the same (black and white) 😕

Orks: use of Grenades and ammo posté le [23/11/2018] à 17:58

I am confused about the meaning of stripes and units in this specific rule (p. 25).

„Warning: only units that have the specific colour of stripes that match the recruitment tile….“

1. What is a unit in this case?

2. what are the specific colour stripes of the recruitment tile? The stripes left or right? Inside of the option field? And for what are the different stripes on the bottom of every little unit tile?

Orks: use of Grenades and ammo posté le [23/11/2018] à 23:42

example

Hopefully the link above works…

So the Teef Breakas Recruitment Tile can have Grenades added to it because the black/white stripes on the outside of the Grenades tile match the black/white stripes on the inside of the option slot on the Recruitment Tile.

The fours Shootas units can use the Grenades because the black/red stripes on the bottom of the unit counters match the black/red stripes on the outside (left end) of the Teef Breakas Recruitment Tile.

In some cases the same colours are used for the stripes inside an option slot in a Recruitment Tile as are used on the outside of the same, or a different, Recruitment Tile. Ignore this. I think it is just because there are a limited number of stripe combinations that work clearly.

In summary:

Match stripes on the bottom of unit counters to stripes on the side of Recruitment Tiles.

Match stripes on the outside of Upgrades tiles to stripes on the inside of the Recruitment Tile option slots.

Does that help?

Orks: use of Grenades and ammo posté le [24/11/2018] à 05:09

Quote from Hott3 on [23/11/2018] à 17:58

I am confused about the meaning of stripes and units in this specific rule (p. 25).

„Warning: only units that have the specific colour of stripes that match the recruitment tile….“

1. What is a unit in this case?

2. what are the specific colour stripes of the recruitment tile? The stripes left or right? Inside of the option field? And for what are the different stripes on the bottom of every little unit tile?

Look at the section of the rulebook starting on p. 23. "Recruitment Tiles".

As described in the first line of the first paragraph, a Recruitment tile represents a COMBAT GROUP.

There is a diagram on that page with a Combat Group Recruitment Tile shown as an example. Note that there is a description block titles OPTION STRIPES. Those are the colors that indicate which options can be placed in what slot. An option must match at least one of the two color sets on either side of the slot to be placed in that slot. Those are not unit colors, they are option colors.

If you look at the description of SUPPORT TILE SPACES, you will see a description of the left and right edges of the Recruitment tile. These have notches for SUPPORT TILES, but it also describes the left-hand slot as being colored in the COLOR STRIPES OF THIS COMBAT GROUP, while the right-hand slot is colored in the colors COMMON TO THE ENTIRE ORC ARMY.

Next check out the description block for UNITS IN THE COMBAT GROUP. That described the UNIT counters that are part of that Command Group. UNITS are the squad or hero tokens, the vehicle tokens and the other parts that actually move around the battlefield and fight. For more information on what is a unit, consult chapter 4 "UNITS AND UNIT ABILITIES"

So the UNIT must have the same color stripe as the COMBAT GROUP in which an equipment option has been placed in order to use that equipment option.

Take a look at the diagram at the top of p. 25, just above Gear Options, it shows the Tactical Squad Vorolanus and 3 of its unit tokens. Note the color on the bottom of the Unit tokens that matches the Combat Group color on the left-hand side of the recruitment tile. That is how that match works. Those units are part of that Combat Group, so they can use Gear recruited to that Combat Group.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Orks: use of Grenades and ammo posté le [25/11/2018] à 09:41

Thanks to all for you help. So as an easy summary: when the gear option is on the recruitment tile every uni from this tile and units from support tile that are added to the left side benefit from it.

Pages : 1