Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Scenario #5 - Tactics
Scenario #5 - Tactics posté le [28/11/2018] à 08:18

Hi,

bartdevuyst and myself are playing the HoBR campaign and yesterday evening we played scenario #5. The Space Marines started with a Tactical and a Scout squad (+ 100 points to spend), the Orks started with the Green Raiders and 200 points to spend.

It was an easy win for the Space Marines. Both squads had their own transportation and raced to the other side of the board.

In turn 2 the Rhino moved 6 squares straight into a gap in the defense line, the tactical squad dismounted (in front of the vehicle) and moved an additional 3 squares in the supply phase. In the 3rd turn the normal move of 3 for the sergeant was enough to claim the objective for a total move of 19 squares in 3 turns.

The Scouts did even better. With their Scout move they started 3 squares on the battlefield moved 8 squares (Land Speeder Storm) in the first turn straight into the large gap in the defense line and then dismount in front of vehicle and 4 normal move. The second turn was enough for the scouts to claim the first objective.

And because the game ended as soon as the Space Marines claimed 2 objectives it was over in 3 turns.

Anyone has a good tactic for the Orks ? What units should they take for their 200 points, how should they setup, what should they do ??

— Let's assume the Space Marine player takes a Rhino and a Land Speeder Storm (and some grenades) as his 100 points. —

Scenario #5 - Tactics posté le [29/11/2018] à 10:44

Like Eclo said, this scenario seems hard to win with the Orks in defence.

Even with loads of Ork troops spread across the line, the front stays rather wide so gaps will easily occur. Zone of Control helps to block infantry but once a few Orks are down, Space Marines soldiers can easily push through.

I'd love to replay this scenario, with the Orks falling back to the objectives right from the start. I wonder how that would work out. Because Orks will be closer to the objectives, it might be easier to control or take them back.

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

Scenario #5 - Tactics posté le [29/11/2018] à 15:59

I am not sure about the exact Name, but I think the Tankbusta Squad would be helpful.

At least there is one ork squad, with inbuild opportunity fire and relativly heavy weapons, although limited range.

Might come in Handy, to shoot down pesky Flyers.

Scenario #5 - Tactics posté le [30/11/2018] à 21:26

i took a killer kan and a rocket launcher for the orks, stopped their rhino before they even crossed the wall, then the sluggas were in a truck to move back to objectives quickly and with the truck able to move to whichever objective the land speeder was going for so they couldnt easily take an objective. by the time the tactical squad was past the killer kan (which killed one as they had to disembark with a suppressed marker after the rocket launcher destroyed the rhino) it was too late for them to make a real play on the objectives

Scenario #5 - Tactics posté le [01/12/2018] à 10:42

Quote from Rupidia on [30/11/2018] à 21:26

i took a killer kan and a rocket launcher for the orks, stopped their rhino before they even crossed the wall, then the sluggas were in a truck to move back to objectives quickly and with the truck able to move to whichever objective the land speeder was going for so they couldnt easily take an objective. by the time the tactical squad was past the killer kan (which killed one as they had to disembark with a suppressed marker after the rocket launcher destroyed the rhino) it was too late for them to make a real play on the objectives

Killa Kan + Rocket Launcher + Trukk is +/- 100 points. What else did you take in your army ?

The Rocket Launcher seems a logical choice but with his limited range, the terrain penalties and the Space Marine player who gets to choose where to bring his units on the board after the Orks setup (and typical Ork accuracy 😉 ) chances are very low a single Rocket Launcher can stop a Rhino in Turn 1

(I tried with a Rocket Launcher armed Dreadnought and failed)

Your Trukk tactic is nice though, gives the Orks a bigger range to attack Space Marines (or to contest objectives)

Scenario #5 - Tactics posté le [01/12/2018] à 10:55

Quote from MickMountain on [29/11/2018] à 15:59

I am not sure about the exact Name, but I think the Tankbusta Squad would be helpful.

At least there is one ork squad, with inbuild opportunity fire and relativly heavy weapons, although limited range.

Might come in Handy, to shoot down pesky Flyers.

Tankbustas cost 100 points, that's already half of you point total. But in return you get 3 rocket launcher armed units which is nice. I declined to take them because of the point cost, perhaps that was not a smart thing to do.

But you will need some other units too because Tankbustas + Green Raiders equals only 2 order tokens (while the Space Marines already start with 4 !)

Scenario #5 - Tactics posté le [03/12/2018] à 08:25

Quote from Eclo on [01/12/2018] à 10:55

But you will need some other units too because Tankbustas + Green Raiders equals only 2 order tokens (while the Space Marines already start with 4 !)

That's the main Point in favour of the Tankbustas.

If I remembere correctly, the add one order throught their Boss and, mor importantly, oppotunity fire let's the two bustas shoot at anything which enters their Engagement range, whitout needing an order.

With some good placement, you can narrow down the flight pass significantly. Add a rockit launcher to the mix and maybe some "Dakkadaka" Counters, to ensure hits.

This i theoretically of course. The one time we played this Scenario, the marines moved their fully loaded Thunderhawk only in the supply Phase and flitted from cover to cover.

So you will need some reaction force to secure the objectives somehow.

And so far we haven't used the reenforcement boxes, just wanted to Play through the campaign vanilla style only whith what is in the core set.

Pages : 1