Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Army Building for Scenarios
Army Building for Scenarios posté le [17/12/2018] à 23:46

Silly little question… :mrgreen:

The official scenarios for Heroes of Black Reach mostly show a starting Recruitment Tile with a little tv on the right showing how much points you can add.

My question is with that tv graphic… since it's added to the support tile indent on the right, does it mean you cannot choose an extra recruitment tile?

In other words, can you only add support tiles/heroes, as in just building a single row?

The example below shows the starting Recruitment Tiles for Scenario #6 Face Your Fate! where the Space Marines are hunting for Uzdrakh/Zanzag the Ork Boss. You can choose between Squad Elias or Squad Vorolanus. I suppose you can only build up from one Recruitment Tile in one horizontal row? So no Command Tile or adding a second squad?

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [18/12/2018] à 08:13

That's actually a great question!

After inspecting the rules, I think you're right. You can only build upon the tiles you are given and may not add new Recruitment Tiles. I.e. You can only add Support Tiles, Heroes, and Recruitment Options.

On page 4 of the Scenarios booklet, under Composition of the Armies, it states:

Spoiler :

"…you will spend Army Points to complete the Recruitment Tiles given by the scenario."(emphasis added)

It directly states that you must complete the Recruitment Tiles given by the scenario, and presumably not add any additional tiles.

It's worth noting that some scenarios do let you pick a single Recruitment Tile without restriction. For example, the Orks in Scenario #8 (No More Mystery!) appear able to add tiles to both the left and right of Malagrah. This is indicated by "…" to the left of Malagrah and a TV with "+350 points" to the right. This means the Ork player can chose one Recruitment Tile to place to the left of Malagrah (and any number of Supporting Tiles to either the left or right).

Similar is Scenario #7 (Thunder!), where the Ultramarine player has a single Recruitment Option (Thunderfire Cannon) with "…" to the left and a "TV" to the right.

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [18/12/2018] à 08:16

No, that's actually a good question.

On page 4 of the scenario booklet under 'composition of the armies' it says :

…you will spend Army points to complete the Recruitment tiles given by the scenario.

But I never looked at it that way, just thought you could buy whatever you want (and I did in several previous scenarios)

When you only get the Recruitment Tiles shown it's a whole new ball game.

If that's the case I'm stuck with the Command Recruitment Tile Uzdrakh for this scenario.

Edit : The post above teaches me to complete a post instead of taking a break while replying. 😉

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [18/12/2018] à 09:10

Thanks for the quick replies, guys! I love this community!

The wording in 'complete the Recruitment Tiles' is indeed rather important.

I figured as much when army building for Scenario #6… I'd say to myself… what if just recruit that nice Stormtalon Gunship again – together with the Sicarius Command Tile, shoot Uzdrakh from the sky and be done with it. Nice and easy. Back in time for tea. That's obviously too easy, right?! 😎

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [18/12/2018] à 10:06

No, no, noooo

That's not a good tactic !!

best take lots of very slow units. You don't want to rush in

😉

But it will certainly changes whatever I will choose for Scenario #6

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [19/12/2018] à 07:54

I figured as much when army building for Scenario #6… I'd say to myself… what if just recruit that nice Stormtalon Gunship again – together with the Sicarius Command Tile, shoot Uzdrakh from the sky and be done with it. Nice and easy. Back in time for tea. That's obviously too easy, right?! 😎

That’s how they did it in the novel!

Spoiler :

Under covering fire from a barrage of missiles laid down by the Thunderhawk, Cato Sicarius, his men, and Terminators from the Ultramarines' First Company mauled their way through the Ork forces towards Warboss Zanzag himself.

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [19/12/2018] à 11:43

Quote from donnie on [19/12/2018] à 07:54

Actually no…

You are talking about the final scenario of the Ultramarines reinforcements box 😉

>>>>>>>>>>

The Gladius surged into the cavern like a blade, hull dripping water from where it had cut through the waterfall. Heavy bolters spoke, and the word was death. Ripping up Orks as they clambered for weapons and for cover, the gunship launched a payload of Hellstrike missiles. A group of ork dreadnoughts mobilising at the back of the chamber was destroyed in the ensuing conflagration. Hovering over the lagoon, the down thrust of its engines whipping the water into foam, the Gladius scattered greenskins with its guns, making a landing zone on one of the ferrocrete strips. The orks tried desperately to retaliate, firing off their custom cannons with abandon, but their crude science had not reckoned with the armour of a Thunderhawk, and the shots ricocheted away harmlessly. ‘Death from above, brothers!’ bellowed Sicarius as he charged up the lane of ferrocrete, the burning wrecks of submersibles to either side.

<<<<<<<<<<

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [19/12/2018] à 16:38

:mrgreen:

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [20/12/2018] à 04:45

Wow, that brings chills to my body 🙂

I especially love: Heavy bolters spoke, and the word was death.

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [21/12/2018] à 09:32

Can we get an official ruling on this ?

After playing Scenario #6 yesterday and looking at the next scenarios it feels extremely restricted to only use the given recruitment tiles and sometimes even not possible (there is 1 scenario where the Orks get the weirdboy where you can't even add stuff to).

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [21/12/2018] à 22:35

I think that too much is being read into the graphics in this case, or at least the "connection" part.

THe rules in the Scenario book discuss the composition of forces.

CREATING ARMIES (p. 5)

Scenarios may dictate the specific composition of your army, or allow you to create your own combat force.

So in the case of the scenario in question, it seems to me that it both specifies a part of the composition (the recruitment tile you must take) and the points left to add to that initial specification.

If you read down to FREE BATTLE MODE (p. 6) you will see the same "viewer" icon where it is described as being "The number of army points". In fact that icon is used consistently to just be the point totals allowed, and in the Free Battle chart, it is JUST the icon.

Nowhere is there any discussion of a limit on recruitment to only fit with a specified recruitment tile, in fact the discussion is to buy any tiles you want.

The "connection" of the viewer is used to indicate to which recruitment tile the points are tied, but that is all. That is most obvious on Scenario #6, where you have a choice of two different force mixes for the Ultramarines (which was the one Bart indicated in the OP).

Otherwise Scenario #7 gets decidedly odd… How do you add 350 pts to a Recruitment Option?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [23/12/2018] à 23:51

I would say, and how i have been playing it, is that you can bring other tiles without having to have them join up, otherwise when you look at the reinforcement scenarios there is next to no way you can add 920 points to sicarius's command tile, unless you take just heroes and heavy vehicles which i think completely goes against the idea of the missions. It does state somewhere in the building your own army, (i dont have the book with me) that as long as it has the faction icon on the recruitment tile it may be taken without linking on to anything

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [03/03/2019] à 06:18

Quote from Eclo on [19/12/2018] à 11:43

Quote from donnie on [19/12/2018] à 07:54

Actually no…

You are talking about the final scenario of the Ultramarines reinforcements box 😉

>>>>>>>>>>

The Gladius surged into the cavern like a blade, hull dripping water from where it had cut through the waterfall. Heavy bolters spoke, and the word was death. Ripping up Orks as they clambered for weapons and for cover, the gunship launched a payload of Hellstrike missiles. A group of ork dreadnoughts mobilising at the back of the chamber was destroyed in the ensuing conflagration. Hovering over the lagoon, the down thrust of its engines whipping the water into foam, the Gladius scattered greenskins with its guns, making a landing zone on one of the ferrocrete strips. The orks tried desperately to retaliate, firing off their custom cannons with abandon, but their crude science had not reckoned with the armour of a Thunderhawk, and the shots ricocheted away harmlessly. ‘Death from above, brothers!’ bellowed Sicarius as he charged up the lane of ferrocrete, the burning wrecks of submersibles to either side.

<<<<<<<<<<

Not to be a know-it-all, but if you read on, the Gladius was a thunderhawk, not a stormtalon. In either chapter, it was Sicarius who personally slew both Ork war leaders.

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [03/03/2019] à 07:36

Quote from bartdevuyst on [17/12/2018] à 23:46

Silly little question… :mrgreen:

[snip]

In other words, can you only add support tiles/heroes, as in just building a single row?

Wow, mind blown. I never even thought of that restriction. I always understood the points to be mine to spend how I wanted to build my "force".

Sure makes a difference to be sure. :mrgreen:

Member of the « Cult of the Inexisting New » – Thanks bartdevuyst

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [04/03/2019] à 07:41

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [21/12/2018] à 22:35

I think that too much is being read into the graphics in this case, or at least the "connection" part.

THe rules in the Scenario book discuss the composition of forces.

CREATING ARMIES (p. 5)

Scenarios may dictate the specific composition of your army, or allow you to create your own combat force.

So in the case of the scenario in question, it seems to me that it both specifies a part of the composition (the recruitment tile you must take) and the points left to add to that initial specification.

If you read down to FREE BATTLE MODE (p. 6) you will see the same "viewer" icon where it is described as being "The number of army points". In fact that icon is used consistently to just be the point totals allowed, and in the Free Battle chart, it is JUST the icon.

Nowhere is there any discussion of a limit on recruitment to only fit with a specified recruitment tile, in fact the discussion is to buy any tiles you want.

The "connection" of the viewer is used to indicate to which recruitment tile the points are tied, but that is all. That is most obvious on Scenario #6, where you have a choice of two different force mixes for the Ultramarines (which was the one Bart indicated in the OP).

Otherwise Scenario #7 gets decidedly odd… How do you add 350 pts to a Recruitment Option?

I agree with this.

The points can be spent however you wish. The "monitor" just gives you the points value to spend after taking the recruitment tile that must be included in the force.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Army Building for Scenarios posté le [04/03/2019] à 08:23

Yeah, ignore my professionally-deformed-graphic-designer-with-an-autistic-train-of-thought here. I over-analyzed. :mrgreen:

Pages : 1