Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Terrain Tiles C4-B and C5-B Questions
Terrain Tiles C4-B and C5-B Questions posté le [03/01/2019] à 21:57

I had a question regarding terrain tiles C4-B and C5-B. Both of these tiles depict defensive walls. The walls are two squares deep with the first row made up of defensive spikes (-2 Obscured and Impassable) while the second row is an elevated platform (Elevation and Impassable). To my understanding the Elevation trait would be ignored by a unit on the wall since the unit is adjacent to the terrain element. Since the Obscured trait is on a full square, rather than an inter-space, the unit would not ignore that penalty even while adjacent to it. Is this correct?

Also, I am not quite sure how to post a picture of the terrain tile.

Thanks!

Terrain Tiles C4-B and C5-B Questions posté le [04/01/2019] à 00:41

Hmm… that is a good question.

You have the correct interpretation, at least from the RaW (Rules as Written).

Although a wall having a sloping front is logical, it does not meet the criteria of being "between two spaces" so as to be ignored by any unit stationed on top of the wall shooting out, so the -2 Obstacle to LoS should apply.

So barring a ruling otherwise from DPG, you have it correct as far as I can see.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Terrain Tiles C4-B and C5-B Questions posté le [04/01/2019] à 02:12

Thanks for the quick response! I think I will just house rule it to allow units on the wall to shoot over it. 😉

Terrain Tiles C4-B and C5-B Questions posté le [04/01/2019] à 09:47

Interesting discovery.

Here are the Terrain Tiles for easy reference:

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Terrain Tiles C4-B and C5-B Questions posté le [11/01/2019] à 10:01

Hi,

after thinking of this problem and figuring out how we missed it (i still don't know how all of our test teams and ourselves missed this one), here's the answer.

Please, if the last sentence (Furthermore, a Unit adjacent to the Elevation Terrain Element ignores any LoS restriction from the adjacent squares) needs to be corrected, let us know.

Terrain Tiles C4-B and C5-B Questions posté le [11/01/2019] à 10:18

This is how I was going to play this terrain element anyway, but it is nice to get this clarification! 🙂

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Terrain Tiles C4-B and C5-B Questions posté le [11/01/2019] à 11:28

Thanks for the support, Clem!

The example explains it well.

But why does the top most Rhino block line of sight? Because the front is adjacent to the Elevation, but the back is not?

Terrain Tiles C4-B and C5-B Questions posté le [11/01/2019] à 12:53

Yes, that is the reason.

The picture has 2 Rhinos, which only the one which you mentioned blocks LOS. The other rhino is wholly adjancent to the elevation.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Terrain Tiles C4-B and C5-B Questions posté le [14/01/2019] à 09:37

Because the Ork unit only ignores the square adjacent to the elevation line. The back square of the perpendicular Rhino is not adjacent to the elevation line.

Terrain Tiles C4-B and C5-B Questions posté le [15/01/2019] à 09:42

Clem, it's been noted in the French forums too, but the translation is not really consistent with naming conventions. Some sentences are weirdly translated, ignoring some subtleties. (Obstacles in English/Terrain Element in French for instance) :mrgreen:

Is the French text correct? I'll translate, if you like. 😎

Pages : 1