Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
St. Mere Eglise (Scenario #2 ZOC abuse?)
St. Mere Eglise (Scenario #2 ZOC abuse?) posté le [03/01/2019] à 22:35

Hi Everyone!

We just finished playing the second scenario of St. Mere Eglise. We loved the fact that it was just a "simple" infantry encounter in the forest. No pesky hedgerows, buildings or vehicles to complicate the battle. Especially after coming out of Carentan. 😉

My wife did not have the best of luck with the paratroopers. They deployed in the furthest corner on the right with the dropzone rolls. All of her units where on the right side of the board (from my perspective).

That meant I did not had to spread out my units. I could focus everyone on the right flank. I also used a portion of my units with their ZOC to keep her from exiting the board on that side. To clarify: the airborne need to get 6 units of the board in an area as big as one actual board. The middle one of the 3 boards used.

With the few surpressive units she had, I could just take those out, making it extra hard for her to get passed my units and exit the board. Also helping me get the kills I needed to let her lose by default.

Did we play that correct? Is the ZOC in effect in the supply phase? The only way to get rid of it is to surpress right (or kill the unit 😉 )

St. Mere Eglise (Scenario #2 ZOC abuse?) posté le [04/01/2019] à 09:32

Quote from JanHoos on [03/01/2019] à 22:35

Did we play that correct? Is the ZOC in effect in the supply phase? The only way to get rid of it is to surpress right (or kill the unit 😉 )

You played correctly.

Zone of Control is active in both the Activation and Supply Phase, unless a unit is Suppressed. It's a very effective tool for area denial, although vehicles ignore infantry's Zone of Control.

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

St. Mere Eglise (Scenario #2 ZOC abuse?) posté le [05/01/2019] à 18:01

Hi Bart!

Thanks for the check! Feels a bit cheap but at least we used it correct.

St. Mere Eglise (Scenario #2 ZOC abuse?) posté le [05/01/2019] à 18:34

Cheap?

Imagine running past some elite enemy soldiers to get somewhere? I’m sure I wouldn’t survive. We’re not all Ronald Speirs, right?! :mrgreen:

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

St. Mere Eglise (Scenario #2 ZOC abuse?) posté le [06/01/2019] à 00:04

Hehehe I guess thats a good point. When you imagine the soldiers and whats happening it makes perfect sense. But from a “briliant move/tactic” pulling of heroic actions view, this ammounts to “just sitting there” and winning the game. In this scenario anyway.

Especoally when there’s crashing through windows with guns blazing, throwing nades back at the enemy and panzerfausting enemy tanks in other scenario’s 😉 😉

Pages : 1