Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now?
Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [04/01/2019] à 17:55

I've been collecting as many expansions for this game as I can (read: as I can find from Canadian online shops with flat rate shipping). Are they basically done with this game though? I'm wondering if I should try harder to get the stuff I'm missing before it's completely gone or shoots up in price. I'm a little sad that there are some things I can't get from their website unless I pay in euros and pay crazy shipping (their NA supplier is not a whole lot cheaper in shipping unfortunately…)

Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [04/01/2019] à 23:40

Quote from Tonnystark on [04/01/2019] à 17:55

Are they basically done with this game though?

No.

However, you might want to read through the last few months worth of News in the News section. I am not going to repeat it all here. At this time, there will not be any retail releases for the foreseeable future, as DPG has had to restructure the company and is taking things slowly, so will only be printing pre-orders for a bit. Again, this is all in the news.

Quote from Tonnystark on [04/01/2019] à 17:55

I'm wondering if I should try harder to get the stuff I'm missing before it's completely gone or shoots up in price. I'm a little sad that there are some things I can't get from their website unless I pay in euros and pay crazy shipping (their NA supplier is not a whole lot cheaper in shipping unfortunately…)

Given your preferences as stated here, I would hunt down the bits you want that you can get at Retail to save on shipping, at least for the near future.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [05/01/2019] à 00:23

They are still planning to deliver Heroes of Stalingrad later this year, and presumably have a few expansions planned for that. There was recent talk of a new Air expansions to get the original Heroes up to date too. Keep an eye in the coming months for the P500 campaigns they want to do for reprints and new content.

« Fear is for the enemy…fear and bullets. »

Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [05/01/2019] à 01:00

How can I sign up to be notified by email of any new items? I wan to support the P500 stuff but do not want to keep coming back to this web site. I am assuming there is some type of newsletter. I ordered a ton of stuff due to the same concerns as the OP. I figured they should put me on some sort of mailing list but I got no email about the P500 announcement.

Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [05/01/2019] à 04:32

Quote from kenofyork on [05/01/2019] à 01:00

How can I sign up to be notified by email of any new items? I wan to support the P500 stuff but do not want to keep coming back to this web site. I am assuming there is some type of newsletter. I ordered a ton of stuff due to the same concerns as the OP. I figured they should put me on some sort of mailing list but I got no email about the P500 announcement.

I believe everyone that has an account with the website will get the email notice when it gets ready to go live. The regular front page announcements dont send out emails. Gduprez noted in the announcement that folks should get an email and it did say mid-January was the target for the first one, so I'd imagine after next friday some time.

« Fear is for the enemy…fear and bullets. »

Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [05/01/2019] à 14:23

It is certainly not dead in my house. no better game exists, some are its equal but none better

Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [05/01/2019] à 14:23

Quote from Ainsty Castings on [05/01/2019] à 14:23

It is certainly not dead in my house. no better game exists, some are its equal but none better

Just out of curiosity… which do you think are 'equal' ?

Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [06/01/2019] à 20:31

Good question, I got called out on that one didn't I

I play a lot of HoN, we see it as a Tabletop miniatures game without having to paint the minis.

another great game we play is SAGA from Studio Tomahawk. both games are easy to learn and have deep levels of strategy.

Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [06/01/2019] à 21:40

If I count the Heroes system as one game (and I should, as the most games I play are mixture of HON and SON units) it definetly has the most table time from my game collection.

I tend to change games I play often, so not everything gets a lot of playtime. Heroes system just returns back to the table more regulary than other games.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [06/01/2019] à 22:04

As an indication of my interest in the game, I am selling off my entire Advanced Squad Leader collection to fund collecting the HoN, SoN, and HoBR systems.

I have had some of these items for 30+ years. I have not played in a while but always figures I would get back in to it someday. Not any longer.

What really got me was the art work on this game system. I simply could not bear to stare down at another Squad Leader counter after seeing the HoBR counters.

Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [07/01/2019] à 07:45

Yes, it was the artwork that drew to this game in the first place. I knew nothing about the gameplay back then.

I just decided to take a chance with the HoN base game box because I liked the art on the counters and maps.

I never regretted that decision. 😀

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [07/01/2019] à 14:45

@ kenofyork

I get to see the DPG news three times.

It is posted on this site.

I get it again through a newsletter in my email.

It is also posted in a Facebook group,

link up with Heroes of/Devil Pig Games Fanatics

Is Heroes of Normandie dead/unsupported now? posté le [08/01/2019] à 04:47

and now I'm adding myself to that group

Pages : 1