Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2 3 4
Comments on HoS Proofs Please!
Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 10:00

Rulebook Page 6. Left Column.

The Red Icon sits in the text! A nudge to the left should fix it!

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 10:04

Rulebook Page 8, Right Column.

The icon should state 7+, not 7 because shots are only considered to be long range over 7 squares.

The same thing on page 26, bottom left.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 10:20

Shouldn't that technically be (Range 8+ = -2) since at range 7 the modifier is still zero?

or

>7 = -2

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 10:36

Quote from Colhammer on [21/01/2019] à 10:20

Shouldn't that technically be (Range 8+ = -2) since at range 7 the modifier is still zero?

or

>7 = -2

>7 is the same as 7+ 🙂

Although maybe 8+ is better… 😐

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 10:55

>7 = number greater than seven

7+ = number that is seven or bigger than seven

Then again, maths was never my stronger suit…

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 12:08

And there should be a comma between road and Maria.

Hit the road, Maria!

This one doesn't have the comma either…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I

😀 😀 😀

I've found the lyrics with and without comma, leave it to the editors then…

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 12:38

Rules :

I can't seem to find anything on planes and how to handle them.

Agreed, this is probably because they are not included in this Core Box and shall appear as a KS exclusive for now, but they will be part of many games, no doubt, in the future.

But meanwhile, Heroes of Normandie Core Box V2, definitely already will have planes included.

In V1 they didn't have their proper playing piece but played a part due to cards being drawn and quite often did not play a part at all because the cards were thrown out of the deck.

This has been altered as the planes can now be recruited. I guess they should appear quite a bit more now.

Some paragrapgh should explain how to handle planes in the game (and hence Anti Aircraft actions). Even if no planes are in this Core Box, I would prefer the rules for planes to be included in the Core Box rulebook already, instead of having to add a loose extra page afterwards.

To be added in Chapter 4, under Light Vehicles perhaps?

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 12:50

The Aircraft are KSE and won't be sold on stores. I'm sure DPG do not want to confuse any new customers who will buy the base game box from store and will find rules for aircraft but no aircraft available in the box.

I suppose it is better to leave the rules out of the base game box altogether.

There will be a proper Aircraft expansion with punchboard and rulesheet in time.

I wonder if the proposed HoN aircraft expansion will contain planes for all HoN and HoSTA factions? (Germans, US, British and Soviet)

I think that would make sense to have all aircraft in just one expansion instead of having separate expansions for HoN and HoSTA…

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 14:35

Of course the rules will be included in the expansion.

But as the game system has evolved, a more streamlined system for planes has been adopted. We're now however dealing with two overlapping different modes of introduction for the actual planes counters.

They first made an appearance in HoS, as enticing Ks exclusivity, and more recently in HoN V2, no longer as exclusivity but as standard ingredient of the Core Game since V1 also had (then card-driven) airplane influence available.

Surely the rulebook for V2 HoN must now be adapted with the appearance of the new airplane counters.

Both HoN and HoS will have planes available (Core Box or expansion).

Whether often used or not, it's because I consider the planes as quite a general ingredient of WWII warfare now about to appear in a different way in both HoN and HoS that it would be more convenient to find those rules in either Core Box rulebook.

Lots of players will receive the planes already anyway as part of their KS delivery. The airforce expansion might have planes ON the board as well, instead of only on the side? (Just ideas and trials nothing permanent so far).

Just add a red "* + explanation" in the HoS rulebook to clarify that no planes are included in the HoS Core Box.(unless two are added anyway since this is also a standalone Core Box)

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 14:49

The new aircraft rules made appearance in HoBR first, though.

Not that it changes this situation.

But, for claritys sake, I agree that the HoN (V2) rulebook and HoSTA rulebook should be as similar as possible, so they should include the Aircraft rules in HoSTA book also.

The planes on map, that were touted around as a possible part of the aircraft add on, were meant to be planes on ground. I.e. objective/targets for a scenario. At least that's how I understood it.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 17:05

Geballte Ladung – BP1-03 FRONT HOSTA 009

Spelling Mistake on the marker!

Geballte Ladung is written with TWO 'L's not one!

The option is already correct.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 18:56

Quote from Colhammer on [21/01/2019] à 10:55

7+ = number that is seven or bigger than seven

This!

Range 7 is fine since that describes the range at which there is no penalty. BEYOND 7 is where the penalty kicks in. So the optimal range is 7 squares.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 19:00

Quote from Colhammer on [21/01/2019] à 12:50

The Aircraft are KSE and won't be sold on stores. I'm sure DPG do not want to confuse any new customers who will buy the base game box from store and will find rules for aircraft but no aircraft available in the box.

I suppose it is better to leave the rules out of the base game box altogether.

Yes. DPG tried putting in rules for expansions in the original HoN core box, and people kept contacting them saying that some parts were missing, because there were rules in the rulebook but they did not have the pieces in their box.

So it is better off to leave the mechanics out of the core rules, but it would be nice if the rules were available for the players. Hopefully, there will be a PDF of some flavor for folks to use!

I know DPG is planning on an Airstrike expansion, so the rules will be available there, but there is a potential window between when HoSta is available and the Airstrike expansion is available. There is also the small set of people that backed the HoSta boxed set that might not even buy the Airstrike expansion, all two or three of them 😉

The same board that has the planes has the Snipers, and there was noticeably no Sniper scenarios, so maybe that is a PDF they are planning to release after the fact?

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 20:04

On the back of punchboard CB-01, the cost of the Platoon Headquarters should be in grey rather than white.

This may be just personal taste, but some of the red walls for the ruins on the backs of punchboards CB-05 and CB-06 may need more of the "no entry/blocks line-of-sight" icons. I'm thinking especially the back of ruin C-02, but A-02, A-03, and B-02 were questionable to me as well.

And here's an odd thing: I happened to notice that the green of the unit stripe for the recruitment tiles on the front of punchboard BP1-02 (Assault Group and Flamer Group) were a different shade of green than those of the units themselves. I kept looking, and noticed the unit stripes of the recruitment tiles on the front of punchboard BP1-01 (again, Assault and Flamer Groups) had different shades of red and grey than the units themselves did.

Further looking at colors in particular alerted me to some much more obvious color differences. Take a look at the recruitment and gear tiles on the fronts of punchboards CB-01 and CB-02. You'll note that not only are the unit stripe colors darker, but the overall border color is darker than the pink used on the units. The same goes with the Russian airplane recruitment tiles, and the airplanes themselves, on the front of board KS-1-01. I'm not sure if these are errors, or a purposeful color difference? To make it easier to pick out the recruitment tiles in a pile, perhaps?

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 21:05

No matter how they are obtained, I think the planes rules should be available as soon as you get the planes.

HoN V2 -> in the Core Box rules

HoS KS expansion -> In the Core Box rules or with the expansion

Other expansion -> with that expansion

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [21/01/2019] à 22:43

Rulebook :

-Page 9

Hitting a Heavy Vehicle

2: Tracks

The vehicle may no longer execute a Movement Actions for the rest of the game.

If it was moving, it stops immediately.

Movement Action

-Page 19

top left under illustration

The retreating unit cannot move to A since that path is blocked by a wall.

B is excluded because diagonal movement between an offset and a regular grid square is not allowed. The last option C requires it to move within an enemy's ZoC, in this case the incomplete General Grid squares in front of the Russian unit (1).

Since there is no valid retreat, then unit is destroyed

the unit is destroyed

-Page 20 transports

It is possible to launch an assault from a vehicle that has the Transport special ability, it is also possible to retreat into a transport after being defeated in assault, whether as attacker or defender.

Suggest :

It is possible to launch an assault from a vehicle that has the Transport special ability, it is also possible to retreat into a transport with sufficient free space but without enemies after being defeated in assault, whether as attacker or defender.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [22/01/2019] à 03:51

I wish I could help, but you don’t post up hi-Rez files. I can’t make sure things are spelled right.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [22/01/2019] à 06:18

In the scenario in Chapter 3 (Multi-player Games) it talks about High Command tiles.

Is there a High Command tile for the Russian forces? For that matter, the German Army box is discontinued, so once the last stock runs out there won't be any way for new players to get a German one either. And there definitely is no High Command of either stripe in the core box.

I think it would be simpler to drop the paragraph on recruiting a High Command Tile completely from the HoSta version of the Multiplayer rules, unless DPG is planning on releasing those tiles in the future, in which case a note of "(sold separately)" would be a good idea.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [22/01/2019] à 07:10

Firing Special Abilities (p. 15)

Dual Weapon is out of alphabetical order. It should come after Distracting Fire.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! posté le [22/01/2019] à 07:42

Quote from donnie on [22/01/2019] à 03:51

I wish I could help, but you don’t post up hi-Rez files. I can’t make sure things are spelled right.

Go to the BoardGameGeek site. In the Heroes of Stalingrad forum, there are hi-rez pictures of all of the punchboards if you are interested in checking them out.

Pages : 1 2 3 4