Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2 3
Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes
Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes posté le [01/02/2019] à 20:56

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [01/02/2019] à 20:10

I got a ruling from Clem. Aircraft always attack the top of a unit, and so do not get a bonus for attacking the rear of a Heavy Vehicle.

Thank you for the follow-up. Nice to know what the "official" answer is. :mrgreen:

What do you mean I lost again….

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes posté le [01/02/2019] à 22:26

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [01/02/2019] à 20:10

I got a ruling from Clem. Aircraft always attack the top of a unit, and so do not get a bonus for attacking the rear of a Heavy Vehicle.

And before you ask, I asked what to do in the case of Aircraft in HoN, when vehicles can have different armor values. Good to cover that before the HoN Comp. Ed. gets printed so thanks to Eclo and jyonkers for bringing it up!

Thanks ! Happy we got an official answer.

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes posté le [02/02/2019] à 09:02

No ruling for the range?

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes posté le [02/02/2019] à 10:03

Quote from Colhammer on [02/02/2019] à 09:02

No ruling for the range?

Oops! Question asked.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes posté le [02/02/2019] à 10:10

Glad we had Clem’s answer. I’m also curious about the range bonus now.

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes posté le [04/02/2019] à 20:55

More follow-ups:

Aircraft in HoN will use the lowest armor value, as suspected 🙂

As for the range bonus, this is another part of the "quantum uncertainty" of aircraft — by which I mean they interact with the board but are not actually on the board. So they do not use the full set of mechanics.

That is why they:

1) Always have Clear LoS to every unit which is not in a building,

2) Do not get a bonus for attacking from a particular direction, and

3) They do not deal with range penalties either for shooting at or for being shot by units,

Any modifiers for things like range are "baked in" to the Attacks and Defense of the Aircraft.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes posté le [04/02/2019] à 21:26

Sweet! Thanks for looking for the answers! It sounds exactly like I already played the HoBR aircraft.

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes posté le [04/02/2019] à 21:50

That is clear enough. I shall now play with the aircraft using these rule clarifications.

Thanks for asking the ruling, Nostra, and thanks DPG for clearing this up! 🙂

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes posté le [05/02/2019] à 01:36

Quote from Colhammer on [04/02/2019] à 21:50

Thanks for asking the ruling, Nostra, and thanks DPG for clearing this up! 🙂

I agree, thanks for getting us clear answers. :mrgreen:

What do you mean I lost again….

Pages : 1 2 3