Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
Stompa!
Stompa? posté le [07/02/2019] à 20:52

Look what I found in the French forums

That was a frame grab from a video by user dad3zero who grabbed a video of Clem demoing HoBR at the Waaagh Tavern in Paris. (I am so jealous of the folks that get to playtest the new stuff!)

https://youtu.be/R4hjllMaVCU

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Stompa! posté le [07/02/2019] à 20:53

Forgot the juicy bits, although these may have changed a bit…

In fact, Elevated Position is missing from the latest version of the unit, but then again there is a new "Titan" icon, so it may incorporate the same sort of mechanic.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Stompa! posté le [07/02/2019] à 21:14

Nice, nice, looks very good.

Can't wait for the news about the HoBR schedule for 2019 so we know when we can get our hands on a stompa (or 2… or 3…)

Stompa! posté le [07/02/2019] à 22:21

I… want… one… :mrgreen:

That is so cool.

What do you mean I lost again….

Stompa! posté le [07/02/2019] à 22:33

New stuff? Is this going to be the next P500?

If so – I'll admit to being a bit disappointed. I was really hoping for new races, not upgrades to the ones we already have 🙁

Stompa! posté le [07/02/2019] à 22:40

Quote from LionSaurus on [07/02/2019] à 22:33

New stuff? Is this going to be the next P500?

If so – I'll admit to being a bit disappointed. I was really hoping for new races, not upgrades to the ones we already have 🙁

I think we should just wait and see what is shown for the next P500 and what is on the list for the rest of 2019. For all we know the Stompa might be part of a Drop Zone #2 and not a complete "Ork Upgrade" of it's own for example. I am willing to give DPG room to expand slowly so they do not crash and burn but rather grow and survive. 😀

Stompa! posté le [08/02/2019] à 08:13

That titan-shaped ability symbol is rising my hopes that the Imperial side might be getting something big too! 😈

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Stompa! posté le [08/02/2019] à 11:54

Quote from Colhammer on [08/02/2019] à 08:13

That titan-shaped ability symbol is rising my hopes that the Imperial side might be getting something big too! 😈

I just hope they don't overdo it…

The Stompa only reaches the 2nd line in height and will probably be a 3×3 (or 4×4) counter. I don't really want to push a 20×15 Imperator Titan Counter around the battlefield 😉

Stompa! posté le [08/02/2019] à 12:10

It looks like the footprint of Reaver titan and Warlord titan are about the same even if the Warlord is taller.

The Warhound titan footprint is smaller than that. I think getting a Reaver or Warhound would be possible. It is the footprint that is important, not the height of the machine.

DPG can always give us a Knight if a Titan is too big!

But that symbol on the Stompa depicts a Warlord titan, so it's obviously in the consideration at least.

And…

…I would totally want a map piece depicting an Imperator Titans Foot/Bastion to fight in! 😆

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Stompa! posté le [08/02/2019] à 19:23

Quote from Eclo on [08/02/2019] à 11:54

The Stompa only reaches the 2nd line in height and will probably be a 3×3 (or 4×4) counter. I don't really want to push a 20×15 Imperator Titan Counter around the battlefield 😉

The Stompa is at the third line in that scale. It is almost as large as the Warhound Titan. If you go to this article he has a great shot of the Stompa next to an Imperial Knight and a Chaos Warhound.

http://johnstoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2014/03/40k-walkers-question-of-size.html

I would imagine an Imperial Knight would make a lot more sense from the scale of the battles. I also agree anything larger might be too much for the scale of the HoBR battles.

Stompa! posté le [08/02/2019] à 22:14

We'll talk about it… very soon.

Stompa! posté le [09/02/2019] à 00:00

Quote from gduprez on [08/02/2019] à 22:14

We'll talk about it… very soon.

Well played tease. 😀

Stompa! posté le [09/02/2019] à 09:56

I don't know a lot about WH40K but it only stands to reason that if a "Stompa" is in the works then something equally large is also in the works to oppose it. Those of you who are more familiar with the 40K universe would or should know what units would be an even match, that of course being a requirement for competitive gameplay.

What would be an even match for a Stompa?

Stompa! posté le [09/02/2019] à 13:15

Quote from jyonkers on [09/02/2019] à 09:56

What would be an even match for a Stompa?

Space Marines don't have anything that matches a Stompa in size and strength.

They do have tanks (Predators, Land Raiders,…) that can shoot a Stompa to smithereens.

Space Marines do have a Thunderhawk, which is a super-heavy flyer/transporter (can transport 3 entire squads) but this seems hard to incorporate in the game.

So the Space Marines should look to other armies for something nearly as big (or bigger) than a Stompa. For example the Titan Legions (Warhound Titan) or the Imperial Guard (Baneblade, Shadowsword)

If DPG can only make Space Marines then probably nothing big for the Space Marines will be published.

They can however make a Predator or Vindicator Squadron… 2 or 3 tanks (with command tank) to oppose the Stompa. (which isn't a bad idea)

Stompa! posté le [09/02/2019] à 17:27

Quote from Eclo on [09/02/2019] à 13:15

If DPG can only make Space Marines then probably nothing big for the Space Marines will be published.

This is a great point. The restrictions GW places on what can be made by DPG is as important as what the 40k Lore says would be used.

Quote from Eclo on [09/02/2019] à 13:15They can however make a Predator or Vindicator Squadron… 2 or 3 tanks (with command tank) to oppose the Stompa. (which isn't a bad idea)

Either of these or a Land Raider Ares would also be fun to toss as the Stompa with some Terminators along for the ride. :mrgreen:

Side thought that crossed my mind. It could also be they give us a Stompa with no clear one to one ratio unit for the Marines. Rather they could give us the Stompa on a board with the Marine bikes for example and the board just be new optional/alternative units. In which case the Marine player would just need to deal with the Stompa using tactics and the unit options they have already. 😀

Stompa! posté le [13/02/2019] à 15:08

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/heroes-of-black-reach-demandez-le-programme/

Stompa! posté le [13/02/2019] à 19:52

Quote from gduprez on [13/02/2019] à 15:08

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/heroes-of-black-reach-demandez-le-programme/

Wonderful news. :mrgreen:

Stompa! posté le [13/02/2019] à 21:01

Both the Eldar and Tyranids are very different armies from the Marines and Orks, so great selection for the next two armies.

But since that box is more than year away, I'm more focused on the new Orks and Marines. When do we know more what is coming for them apart from the Stompa?

Stompa! posté le [14/02/2019] à 10:30

Quote from Colhammer on [13/02/2019] à 21:01

Both the Eldar and Tyranids are very different armies from the Marines and Orks, so great selection for the next two armies.

I'm very curious about faction identity and new mechanics. I like how the Orks play very differently than the Ultramarines, and I expect both Tyranids and Eldar to be even more different.

Looking for players in Belgium (Brussels/Antwerp/Mechelen/Leuven)

Stompa! posté le [14/02/2019] à 11:35

But first : 2 HoBR products for next P500 !!

Just a Stompa won't be enough to count as a product I would guess.

So what do you think :

A) 1 product with Ork units and 1 product with Space Marine units

or

B) 1 product with Ork & Space Marine units and 1 product with terrain tiles ?

I'm hoping for 'B' 😉

Pages : 1 2