Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
doubt about ZOC
doubt about ZOC posté le [10/02/2019] à 19:27

Well, the question is pretty academic for me anyway.

I don't think the situation where I would have to ziczac has ever come up in my games. Maybe I'm playing too aggressive game and go for the throat instead of trying to run past the opposition.

But it is always good to clear up any rules questions.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

doubt about ZOC posté le [10/02/2019] à 19:28

I set up a recreation of yesterdays narrow loss. The scout leader was able to use an extra movement card to make it through my defense and win the game. This is how I have played from the start based on my reading of the rules.

It is interesting that scenario 3 specifies at any time for victory conditions. The orks had no chance to recapture or contest the objective.

I just played scenario 4 for that first time. That specifies at game end for control of objectives. This gives the marines time to contest or even make a last minute dash to thwart the orks.

A subtle but impactful difference in victory conditions.

doubt about ZOC posté le [10/02/2019] à 19:34

That is a valid movement, well done. If the Sluggas near the bottom of the pic had been one space closer to the other Sluggas, that would not have worked. The Orcs left a gap and you exploited it. If the units were not forced to move on a grid, it would be simpler to have the marines run through the gap, but the ZoC rules allow you to basically approximate that, I think.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

doubt about ZOC posté le [10/02/2019] à 19:58

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [10/02/2019] à 19:34

That is a valid movement, well done. If the Sluggas near the bottom of the pic had been one space closer to the other Sluggas, that would not have worked. The Orcs left a gap and you exploited it. If the units were not forced to move on a grid, it would be simpler to have the marines run through the gap, but the ZoC rules allow you to basically approximate that, I think.

I may not have mentioned but I was playing the orks……………….so my opponent deserves the praise for his clever move. It would not have worked with out the +1 move card, but that was still a big mistake on my part.

I left the gap because I was trying to keep from getting shot up by the marines and it cost me. I could also have placed a unit next to the objective, but again the marines are just scary good at shooting orks in the open.

doubt about ZOC posté le [10/02/2019] à 20:04

kenofyork, thank you for taking the time to create a visual. While I thought I was following the idea, the picture helped me truly understand the "Zig-Zag" movement you were discussing.

As a visual person I appreciate your time doing the photo. :mrgreen:

What do you mean I lost again….

doubt about ZOC posté le [10/02/2019] à 20:09

Ok it all makes sense now. I suppose an easier way to ask the question could've been, "Does each enemies ZoC act individually for blocking movement, or do they all act together?" Which the answer to is they act individually. Thanks for everyone's help!

doubt about ZOC posté le [10/02/2019] à 20:17

Oh and to be fair, in the picture that kenofyork posted, the ultramarines player could've went around top anyways if he had the extra movement. But regardless, this is exactly what I was asking. I was going to post a similar photo but still havent been home since Thursday 🙁

doubt about ZOC posté le [11/02/2019] à 03:40

Quote from dafrca on [10/02/2019] à 20:04

kenofyork, thank you for taking the time to create a visual. While I thought I was following the idea, the picture helped me truly understand the "Zig-Zag" movement you were discussing.

As a visual person, I appreciate your time doing the photo.

I will second that one, and I am sure it will be helpful to other people that come across this thread in the future 🙂

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages : 1 2