Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
21st Panzerdivion Expansion rework
21st Panzerdivion Expansion rework posté le [10/02/2019] à 08:46

Hi,

when someday in the Future, the 21st PzDiv expansion get a rework, could you Guys from DPG please replace some options on the Punch Boards with the correct options?

StuG-IV

–> StuG-38H(f)

StuH-42

–> StuH-38H(f)

SdKfz-251

–> SdKfz-304(f)

When the 21st PzDiv was new formed in 1943, there was a lack on available APCs and Assault Guns for this Unit.

Instead with StuGs and 251s, the Division was equipped with captured and remodelled french Vehicles.

Instead of the SdKfz-251, the 21.PzDiv had armoured Unic P107 Halftracks, designated SdKfz-304(f) or U304(f) as their APC.

Many french Hotchkiss H35/H39 Tanks were reworked to Assault Guns and SP-Guns for the 21.PzDIv.

Greetings

21st Panzerdivion Expansion rework posté le [10/02/2019] à 19:06

Nice historical research, but remember, this is a ‘fun’ spin on hollywood war films, not a super accurate, super historical game with each token showing correct number of paint chips on a Sherman at 10a.m. on a Sunday in June or that private smiths uniform should be more faded in the summer of 44..

Clint, Marvin, and the dirty dozen weren’t really in normandie, should they be removed in version 2 for the correct generals while new the art for correct vehicles is being paid for?

This game doesn’t need to become some over researched rivet counting monstrosity to play, keep it simple, keep the costs down. Especially now.

21st Panzerdivion Expansion rework posté le [10/02/2019] à 19:12

While HoN is "WW2 as it really was in the movies", there is no harm in bringing up and discussing the historically accurate state of things.

I for one welcome the information and appreciate the study that went into it. I like finding out the state of the forces at those historical points.

So let's not throw metaphorical stones at someone providing the details.

If the 21st gets redone, it might only take a couple of tweaks to be more accurate and make both sides happy. As long as we keep the style of play and the energy of the game, adding more historical accuracy just makes the game that much better.

And that is a win for all of us 🙂

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

21st Panzerdivion Expansion rework posté le [10/02/2019] à 19:41

Actually the 21. Panzer division would need a total overhaul, graphics, stats, the works.

All the vehicles would need to be different types (captured french vehicles), so a little tweak would not be enough. The 21. Panzer division was a really interesting unit in the time of Normandie.

I'm not bothered at the current punchboards though. I treat them as a generic german armoured unit and not specifically 21. Panzer.

It was Rommels division IIRC.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

21st Panzerdivion Expansion rework posté le [10/02/2019] à 19:59

I think I am of the same mind as Colhammer. While I understand the historical inaccurate items that might slip through, I do not worry so much.

I like that I am given lots of fun options. I also do not want them to feel the need to make too many changes at this time while they work to stabilize their company.

But I do think it is fun to know the truth of the history regardless of the art on the punch board. :mrgreen:

What do you mean I lost again….

21st Panzerdivion Expansion rework posté le [10/02/2019] à 20:48

Quote from Whybother on [10/02/2019] à 19:06

Nice historical research, but remember, this is a ‘fun’ spin on hollywood war films, not a super accurate, super historical game with each token showing correct number of paint chips on a Sherman at 10a.m. on a Sunday in June or that private smiths uniform should be more faded in the summer of 44..

Clint, Marvin, and the dirty dozen weren’t really in normandie, should they be removed in version 2 for the correct generals while new the art for correct vehicles is being paid for?

This game doesn’t need to become some over researched rivet counting monstrosity to play, keep it simple, keep the costs down. Especially now.

Hi,

It's not about historic accurate Options. It's about interesting and unique Army Options.

Greetings

21st Panzerdivion Expansion rework posté le [10/02/2019] à 21:34

Quote from Colhammer on [10/02/2019] à 19:41

It was Rommels division IIRC.

If you mean the division he commanded in the West (1940) that was the 7th Panzer division (nicknamed : the Ghost division)

The 21st (as a 'Leichte division' at first) was with Rommel in North Africa (together with the 15th Panzer)

Pages : 1